Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Hoja Santa

I'll be buying one or two of these plants as soon as my local nursery gets
them in, probably this week. I'm thinking I'll be using the leaves the same
way I might use banana leaves -- tamales and steaming meats, for example.

Does anyone here have any experience cooking with hoja santa leaves?

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

No I don't, unfortunately, but it sure is nice to see one of the
regulars again, it sure has been quiet.
Paul

David Wright wrote:
> I'll be buying one or two of these plants as soon as my local nursery gets
> them in, probably this week. I'm thinking I'll be using the leaves the same
> way I might use banana leaves -- tamales and steaming meats, for example.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience cooking with hoja santa leaves?
>
> David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> No I don't, unfortunately, but it sure is nice to see one of the regulars
> again, it sure has been quiet.
> Paul

Thanks for the kind words, Paul. As it happens, the good people at my local
nursery now tell me the hoja santa shipment is still a few weeks away. It's
also known as "root beer plant" north of the border, since it smells
somewhat like sassafras.

David

> David Wright wrote:
>> I'll be buying one or two of these plants as soon as my local nursery
>> gets them in, probably this week. I'm thinking I'll be using the leaves
>> the same way I might use banana leaves -- tamales and steaming meats, for
>> example.
>>
>> Does anyone here have any experience cooking with hoja santa leaves?
>>
>> David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Bob Bob is offline

Test
--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Bob Bob is offline

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:23:22 GMT, "David Wright"
> wrote:
test

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
-Robert Heinlein

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Bob" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:23:22 GMT, "David Wright"
> > wrote:
> test

No, David Wright did *not* write "test." You did.

BTW, there is a newsgroup site specifically for test messages. Do you have
anything to say about Mexican cooking?

David