Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
vanillaman

Default 100% mexican vanilla la vencedora

Hi to all:

I am selling 100% pure mexican vanilla extract la vencedora brand if
you are interested e- mail me.
this vanilla does not contain coumarin nor red #2.
it is FDA approvedˇ
it is a wonderful vanilla to cook with.

MMO Distributions.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
John Smith

la vencedora actually does contain coumarin, as does almost all Mexican
vanilla

the temptation to cheat is just to high and profitable

coumarin will give you brain & liver damage

the only place I know who has real veracruz vanilla with no coumarin is
vanilla.com

i.e. the vanilla queen

"vanillaman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi to all:

I am selling 100% pure mexican vanilla extract la vencedora brand if
you are interested e- mail me.
this vanilla does not contain coumarin nor red #2.
it is FDA approvedˇ
it is a wonderful vanilla to cook with.

MMO Distributions.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
vanillaman

john:

The last report from oasis Vs. La vencedora reads 2005 and its just
because it does not contain an english label please use this link.
http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/1/ora_oasis_i_28.html

at your service.

MMO distributions

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
vanillaman

john:

here is a list of several products that are retained by the FDA and
here is a list
http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia2807.html

at your service

MMO distributions

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Sonoran Dude

vanillaman wrote:
> Hi to all:
>
> I am selling 100% pure mexican vanilla extract la vencedora brand if
> you are interested e- mail me.
> this vanilla does not contain coumarin nor red #2.
> it is FDA approvedˇ
> it is a wonderful vanilla to cook with.
>
> MMO Distributions.

I prefer my SPAM with eggs not vanilla

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
vanillaman

thanks But I am not spaming thanks for your time every bodyˇ

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
ann

"vanillaman" > wrote in
oups.com:

> thanks But I am not spaming thanks for your time every bodyˇ

Advertising " I am selling 100% pure mexican vanilla extract.." is
NOT spam? ? ? ? ?

Do you see the word 'ad' or 'biz' in this group?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Paragon

Speaking of vanilla, the Mexican pavilion at Epcot is selling a vanilla by
Gaya, a brand I have never heard of (not that that means anything!). It
claims to be pure, but the label says it contains pure water in addition to
sugar. I thought vanilla extract is 35% alcohol and vanilla beans, nothing
else. Is that not correct?

The pavilion used to sell Neilsen-Massey, but it got too expensive.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
ann

"Paragon" > wrote in
ink.net:

> Speaking of vanilla, the Mexican pavilion at Epcot is selling
> a vanilla by Gaya, a brand I have never heard of (not that
> that means anything!). It claims to be pure, but the label
> says it contains pure water in addition to sugar. I thought
> vanilla extract is 35% alcohol and vanilla beans, nothing
> else. Is that not correct?

This may help,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...btnG=Google+Se
arch

> The pavilion used to sell Neilsen-Massey, but it got too
> expensive.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
BoboBonobo

ann wrote:
> "Paragon" > wrote in
> ink.net:
>
> > Speaking of vanilla, the Mexican pavilion at Epcot is selling
> > a vanilla by Gaya, a brand I have never heard of (not that
> > that means anything!). It claims to be pure, but the label
> > says it contains pure water in addition to sugar. I thought
> > vanilla extract is 35% alcohol and vanilla beans, nothing
> > else. Is that not correct?

> This may help,
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...btnG=Google+Se
> arch

These people who can't do google searches themselves don't need fish.
They need to be taught to fish

> > The pavilion used to sell Neilsen-Massey, but it got too
> > expensive.

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Paragon

BoboBonobo wrote:
> ann wrote:
>> "Paragon" > wrote in
>> ink.net:
>>
>>> Speaking of vanilla, the Mexican pavilion at Epcot is selling
>>> a vanilla by Gaya, a brand I have never heard of (not that
>>> that means anything!). It claims to be pure, but the label
>>> says it contains pure water in addition to sugar. I thought
>>> vanilla extract is 35% alcohol and vanilla beans, nothing
>>> else. Is that not correct?

>> This may help,
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...btnG=Google+Se
>> arch

> These people who can't do google searches themselves don't need fish.
> They need to be taught to fish
>>
>>> The pavilion used to sell Neilsen-Massey, but it got too
>>> expensive.

> --Bryan

I am more than capable of using a search engine, thank you. I was looking
for some expert opinions and personal experience from people who might use
Mexican vanilla, instead of reading what the vendors write to sell their
products.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
ann

"Paragon" > wrote in
news
> BoboBonobo wrote:
>> ann wrote:
>>> "Paragon" > wrote in
>>> ink.net:

Futher info from http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/vanilla.htm

" Pure extracts may still contain some sugar, corn syrup, caramel,
colors as well as stabilizers. Pure vanilla extracts must contain
at least 35% alcohol. FDA requirements are a minimum of 13.35
ounces of vanilla beans to a gallon of a minimum of 35% alcohol to
65% water mixture. "

and...

"A natural vanilla flavoring is derived from vanilla beans but has
little or no alcohol typically a maximum of 2% - 3%. This is a
product preferred by many people not wanting to use alcohol based
extracts. Flavorings may also have some sugar and a glycerin or a
propilene (polyproylene) glycol base*. Flavorings are commonly
used in cooking and baked goods both at home as well as in
commercial establishments."

Does that help?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a%22+vanilla+b
ean&btnG=Google+Search
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Paragon

ann wrote:
> "Paragon" > wrote in
> news >
>> BoboBonobo wrote:

> Futher info from http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/vanilla.htm
>
> " Pure extracts may still contain some sugar, corn syrup, caramel,
> colors as well as stabilizers. Pure vanilla extracts must contain
> at least 35% alcohol. FDA requirements are a minimum of 13.35
> ounces of vanilla beans to a gallon of a minimum of 35% alcohol to
> 65% water mixture. "
>
> and...
>
> "A natural vanilla flavoring is derived from vanilla beans but has
> little or no alcohol typically a maximum of 2% - 3%. This is a
> product preferred by many people not wanting to use alcohol based
> extracts. Flavorings may also have some sugar and a glycerin or a
> propilene (polyproylene) glycol base*. Flavorings are commonly
> used in cooking and baked goods both at home as well as in
> commercial establishments."
>

> Does that help?

Yes. Thank you. Makes a little more sense to me. I myself can't tell the
difference between Mexican vanilla and the Tahitian, for example, but I
realize that some people can. But I think I would rather have something
made from the very basic ingredients. The problem is the product needs
something to have a shelf life for retail sales? I might just get some
beans and a quart of vodka, and make it myself.....for what little I would
use in a season of baking, anyway.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
gib

"BoboBonobo" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> ann wrote:
> > "Paragon" > wrote in
> > ink.net:
> >
> > > Speaking of vanilla, the Mexican pavilion at Epcot is selling
> > > a vanilla by Gaya, a brand I have never heard of (not that
> > > that means anything!). It claims to be pure, but the label
> > > says it contains pure water in addition to sugar. I thought
> > > vanilla extract is 35% alcohol and vanilla beans, nothing
> > > else. Is that not correct?

> > This may help,
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...btnG=Google+Se
> > arch

> These people who can't do google searches themselves don't need fish.
> They need to be taught to fish
> >
> > > The pavilion used to sell Neilsen-Massey, but it got too
> > > expensive.

> --Bryan

Be very afraid.................google police!!!!!!!!!!!!!