Dimitri

Default Chili (tex-mex)

Last night I cam home to one of the smaller crock pots full of some California
Chili. I am calling that because it ain't Tex-Mex. The bottom line the chili
was made with:

Turkey
Onion
Garlic
Black beans
Nothing new there

The sauce was made from the canned Mexican Chili Colorado

You can see a picture of the stuff he

http://www.mexgrocer.com/14961.html

La Victoria Red Chile Sauce - 28 oz
Red Chile Sauce by La Victoria is a thick rich sauce that gets it's distinctive
color from ripened red chiles. This great tasting sauce is perfect for beef,
pork, chicken or fish. La Victoria Red Chile Salsas.

I am not sure it was La Victoria but you get the idea. So no tomatoes just the
red chili sauce.

It was very good and deserves some experimentation.

Dimitri

Wayne Lundberg

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Last night I cam home to one of the smaller crock pots full of some

California
> Chili. I am calling that because it ain't Tex-Mex. The bottom line the

chili
> was made with:
>
> Turkey
> Onion
> Garlic
> Black beans
> Nothing new there
>
> The sauce was made from the canned Mexican Chili Colorado
>
> You can see a picture of the stuff he
>
> http://www.mexgrocer.com/14961.html
>
> La Victoria Red Chile Sauce - 28 oz
> Red Chile Sauce by La Victoria is a thick rich sauce that gets it's

distinctive
> color from ripened red chiles. This great tasting sauce is perfect for

beef,
> pork, chicken or fish. La Victoria Red Chile Salsas.
>
> I am not sure it was La Victoria but you get the idea. So no tomatoes

just the
> red chili sauce.
>
> It was very good and deserves some experimentation.
>
> Dimitri

Gracias! I'm always looking for a great Cal/Mex or Tex/Mex chili and have
not tried the canned salsa from La Victoria although that name brand is
readily available in my whereabouts.

Wayne

Dimitri

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

>> It was very good and deserves some experimentation.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Gracias! I'm always looking for a great Cal/Mex or Tex/Mex chili and have
> not tried the canned salsa from La Victoria although that name brand is
> readily available in my whereabouts.
>
> Wayne

The sauce needed to concentrate a little more and be thicker - maybe some Masa
as a thickener or maybe a roux. Got any mole in a jar. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2
teaspoon for unrecognizable background.

Dimitri

Wayne Lundberg

RoTel is my favorite!