Wayne Lundberg

Default Linda, where are you?

Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

Paul Covey

Sųrran wrote:
> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote:
>>Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

> Did she send the control message?

I have no idea if she actually started it, but when I started lurking
and learning, she was the soul of the group and is so greatly missed.
Paul
WALLACE sCOT

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:32:07 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> wrote:

>Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

Doubtful, mentalmidet, but that would definitely happen before God
gives you a brain to work with.

Got something to contribute on the subject of cooking, please do,
otherwise, tell yo momma you've been using her computer again.

jim

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:13:02 GMT, WALLACE sCOT >
wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:32:07 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> wrote:
>
>>Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

and he's so stupid he doesn't know what the difference is. Now, leave
the folks here in this COOKING newsgroup alone and take your bigotry
elsewhere. Say alt.ed.wallace.moron for example.

jim

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:57:21 GMT, WALLACE sCOT >
wrote:

>you may call me names but you call not call me an illegal
>alien.besides stupid Mexican is no a race it is a country
>
>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:27:39 -0700, wrote:
>

>>Doubtful, mentalmidet, but that would definitely happen before God
>>gives you a brain to work with.
>>
>>Got something to contribute on the subject of cooking, please do,
>>otherwise, tell yo momma you've been using her computer again.
>>

>>jim
>>

>>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:13:02 GMT, WALLACE sCOT >

and thereby is not "name calling." It is what you are. Of course,
you're so stupd that flys right over your head too, eh wallieboy?

jim

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:16:27 GMT, 100% American >
wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:57:21 GMT, WALLACE sCOT >
>wrote:
>

>>you may call me names but you call not call me an illegal
>>alien.besides stupid Mexican is no a race it is a country
>>
>>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:27:39 -0700, wrote:
>>

>>>Doubtful, mentalmidet, but that would definitely happen before God
>>>gives you a brain to work with.
>>>
>>>Got something to contribute on the subject of cooking, please do,th only thing abou tteaching a mexican to cook woul be t show them tat dogs are pets not food
>>>otherwise, tell yo momma you've been using her computer again.
>>>

>>>jim

Paul Covey

Too bad all this garbage snuck into a plea for one of the original
contributors who was so highly valued. Didn't she own a restaurant? I
just wish she had responded.
Paul

WALLACE sCOT wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:32:07 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> > wrote:
>

>>Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

Charles Gifford

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
news
> Too bad all this garbage snuck into a plea for one of the original
> contributors who was so highly valued. Didn't she own a restaurant? I
> just wish she had responded.
> Paul

She owned a bar (with food) in a small town about 40 miles north of downtown
Sandy Eggo. Last I heard she was doing well. I don't often get up that way
so I don't know if she is still there. I may have her email address on my
old computer. I'll check later and see.

Charlie

LACE sCOT wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:32:07 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Linda, founder of this newsgroup, where are you?

Paul Covey

Charles Gifford wrote:
> "Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> news >
>>Too bad all this garbage snuck into a plea for one of the original
>>contributors who was so highly valued. Didn't she own a restaurant? I
>>just wish she had responded.
>>Paul

> She owned a bar (with food) in a small town about 40 miles north of downtown
> Sandy Eggo. Last I heard she was doing well. I don't often get up that way
> so I don't know if she is still there. I may have her email address on my
> old computer. I'll check later and see.
>
> Charlie

Did you ever check? I'd love to see her get back in contact with the group.
Paul
Charles Gifford

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
news

> Charles Gifford wrote:
> > "Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> > news > >
> >>Too bad all this garbage snuck into a plea for one of the original
> >>contributors who was so highly valued. Didn't she own a restaurant? I
> >>just wish she had responded.
> >>Paul

> > She owned a bar (with food) in a small town about 40 miles north of

downtown
> > Sandy Eggo. Last I heard she was doing well. I don't often get up that

way
> > so I don't know if she is still there. I may have her email address on

my
> > old computer. I'll check later and see.
> >
> > Charlie

> Did you ever check? I'd love to see her get back in contact with the

group.
> Paul

I am sorry to have taken so long Paul. I did check and her old pacbell
address is no longer in use. Nor is her other address and her website seems
to be down as well. I hope to get up that way in the next month or two and
will stop to see if she still owns the Cantina el Dos de Oros.

Charlie

Paul Covey

> I am sorry to have taken so long Paul. I did check and her old pacbell
> address is no longer in use. Nor is her other address and her website seems
> to be down as well. I hope to get up that way in the next month or two and
> will stop to see if she still owns the Cantina el Dos de Oros.
>
> Charlie

No worries about time. Too bad about being unable to contact. Please
let us know what you find out when you do make it up that way (I sure
can't get there as I'm here in upstate NY).
Paul
The Ranger

Charles Gifford > wrote in message
ink.net...
[snip]
> will stop to see if she still owns the Cantina el Dos
> de Oros.

I'll save you some gas, Charlie; she doesn't. I asked.

The Ranger

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:44:59 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>I am sorry to have taken so long Paul. I did check and her old pacbell
>address is no longer in use. Nor is her other address and her website seems
>to be down as well. I hope to get up that way in the next month or two and
>will stop to see if she still owns the Cantina el Dos de Oros.

Where was the Cantina, Charlie? From your previous comments, I would
think Fallbrook, Valley Centerish.

jim

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:19:12 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>Charles Gifford > wrote in message
link.net...
>[snip]
>> will stop to see if she still owns the Cantina el Dos
>> de Oros.

>I'll save you some gas, Charlie; she doesn't. I asked.
>
>The Ranger

The place hasn't changed names? I asked Charlie where it was. But i
guess this makes that request moot. I take it no one there had a clue
about her whereabouts?

jim

maiggy

This is it! Not only am I disenchanted with this group, but a tad more than
****ed off and insulted! Half the time traditional dishes are *******ized
beyond good taste and then to have to read "Jimbo Ensenada" add what are
obviously his own opinions into someone else's text via a reply (yes I can
tell you did that Jim as I am a computer geek) is just the last straw.
Granted I do not contribute very often, but when I have, I have given
CORRECT and EXACT recipes as guess what Jimbo???? I'm MEXICAN AMERICAN you
moron and no one had to teach me how to cook or tell me that dogs are pets
and not food! How dare you try to make someone else seem like the jerk you
are. If you are a MEXICAN, then you have some serious inferiority issues
and you remind me of all the other MEXICANS I grew up with who used to pick
on me because I'm not olive skinned (I'm a pale faced MEXICAN AMERICAN) and
could speak, read, and write English proficiently as well as speak, read,
and write Spanish. Here's one for you....Eres un acerdote baboso!

> wrote in message
>
> and thereby is not "name calling." It is what you are. Of course,
> you're so stupd that flys right over your head too, eh wallieboy?
>

> jim
>

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:16:27 GMT, 100% American >
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:57:21 GMT, WALLACE sCOT >
> >wrote:
> >

> >>you may call me names but you call not call me an illegal
> >>alien.besides stupid Mexican is no a race it is a country

only thing abou tteaching a mexican to cook woul be t show them tat dogs are
pets not food

The problem, mentalcase, is that I've not commented on any of your
recipes. Such is your computer expertise - a joke.

English language is missing something.

Are you wscott, or are you having a sock-puppet day, because I
addressed that person, not you. And the thread below shows that
clearly. You are not present anywhere in it.

jim

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:39:33 GMT, "maiggy" > wrote:

>This is it! Not only am I disenchanted with this group, but a tad more than
>****ed off and insulted! Half the time traditional dishes are *******ized
>beyond good taste and then to have to read "Jimbo Ensenada" add what are
>obviously his own opinions into someone else's text via a reply (yes I can
>tell you did that Jim as I am a computer geek) is just the last straw.
>Granted I do not contribute very often, but when I have, I have given
>CORRECT and EXACT recipes as guess what Jimbo???? I'm MEXICAN AMERICAN you
>moron and no one had to teach me how to cook or tell me that dogs are pets
>and not food! How dare you try to make someone else seem like the jerk you
>are. If you are a MEXICAN, then you have some serious inferiority issues
>and you remind me of all the other MEXICANS I grew up with who used to pick
>on me because I'm not olive skinned (I'm a pale faced MEXICAN AMERICAN) and
>could speak, read, and write English proficiently as well as speak, read,
>and write Spanish. Here's one for you....Eres un acerdote baboso!
>

> wrote in message
.. .

>> and thereby is not "name calling." It is what you are. Of course,
>> you're so stupd that flys right over your head too, eh wallieboy?
>>

>> jim
>>

>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:16:27 GMT, 100% American >
>> wrote:

>only thing abou tteaching a mexican to cook woul be t show them tat dogs are
>pets not food

Charles Gifford

> wrote in message
>
> Where was the Cantina, Charlie? From your previous comments, I would
> think Fallbrook, Valley Centerish.
>

> jim

That's right Jim. Beautiful downtown Fallbrook! Avocado Central! I was sorry
to hear she is no longer there.

Charlie

Tor Siguršsson

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:52:22 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>Her daughter lived in L.A. and was, if my poor memory is correct, in the
>entertainment industry there. I don't have her daughter's address. It is on
>the tip of my memory though. "Smooth Silk" or something similar. It might
>pop into my mind eventually. Who knows.....memory tricks are one of the
>oddities of becoming an old fart.

(Pure Silk)

But that was years ago, at least seven.

The Ranger

Charles Gifford > wrote in message
link.net...
> "Smooth Silk" or something similar.

puresilk at packbell dot net?

> It might pop into my mind eventually. Who knows.....
> memory tricks are one of the oddities of becoming
> an old fart.

I call it parentitis because it occurred the moment my eldest came
screaming into the world... My flare-ups are happening with greater
frequency, too. There was a time I could relay everyone's phone number
within two companies and all the information that was needed to make a
sale. Nowadays I'm lucky if I remember what I had for lunch the previous
day. <sigh>

The Ranger

Charles Gifford

"Tor Siguršsson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:52:22 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>
> >Her daughter lived in L.A. and was, if my poor memory is correct, in the
> >entertainment industry there. I don't have her daughter's address. It is

on
> >the tip of my memory though. "Smooth Silk" or something similar. It might
> >pop into my mind eventually. Who knows.....memory tricks are one of the
> >oddities of becoming an old fart.

> (Pure Silk)
>
> But that was years ago, at least seven.

Ah yes. That is the one I was thinking about. Her newer pacbell address
didn't work but I didn't try this one. There was a website with the same
name as I remember. I did look for her old geocities website though. Thank
you for the information so I don't cogitate further with no oil in the pan.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"The Ranger" > wrote in message

> puresilk at packbell dot net?
>
> > It might pop into my mind eventually. Who knows.....
> > memory tricks are one of the oddities of becoming
> > an old fart.

> I call it parentitis because it occurred the moment my eldest came
> screaming into the world... My flare-ups are happening with greater
> frequency, too. There was a time I could relay everyone's phone number
> within two companies and all the information that was needed to make a
> sale. Nowadays I'm lucky if I remember what I had for lunch the previous
> day. <sigh>
>
> The Ranger

I know that state of being! <grin>

Charlie

lunallena

"maiggy" > wrote in
:

> This is it! Not only am I disenchanted with this group, but a tad more
> than ****ed off and insulted! Half the time traditional dishes are
> *******ized beyond good taste and then to have to read "Jimbo
> Ensenada" add what are obviously his own opinions into someone else's
> text via a reply (yes I can tell you did that Jim as I am a computer
> geek) is just the last straw. Granted I do not contribute very often,
> but when I have, I have given CORRECT and EXACT recipes as guess what
> Jimbo???? I'm MEXICAN AMERICAN you moron and no one had to teach me
> how to cook or tell me that dogs are pets and not food! How dare you
> try to make someone else seem like the jerk you are. If you are a
> MEXICAN, then you have some serious inferiority issues and you remind
> me of all the other MEXICANS I grew up with who used to pick on me
> because I'm not olive skinned (I'm a pale faced MEXICAN AMERICAN) and
> could speak, read, and write English proficiently as well as speak,
> read, and write Spanish. Here's one for you....Eres un acerdote
> baboso!
>

> > wrote in message
>>
>> and thereby is not "name calling." It is what you are. Of course,
>> you're so stupd that flys right over your head too, eh wallieboy?
>>

>> jim
>>

>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:16:27 GMT, 100% American >
>> wrote:

> only thing abou tteaching a mexican to cook woul be t show them tat
> dogs are pets not food

yikes! this thing belongs over in alt.flame...

linda mccartney Mavis General Cooking 6 08-02-2010 06:52 PM
Linda's Banana Bread Carolyn Ranker Recipes (moderated) 0 09-03-2008 01:26 AM
Linda Dano's Bruschetta Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-06-2005 04:12 PM
Ping: Linda David Wright Mexican Cooking 2 13-01-2005 05:13 AM
Ping: Linda David Wright Mexican Cooking 1 13-01-2005 05:13 AM