Uncle Bob

Default sour cream sauce for chicken enchiladas?

If anybody has a recipe for (or a link for) sour cream sauce for chicken
enchiladas, I would appreciate their posting it. Thanks.

Wayne Lundberg

"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
> If anybody has a recipe for (or a link for) sour cream sauce for chicken
> enchiladas, I would appreciate their posting it. Thanks.

Hello Uncle Bob, our very favorite enchilada is made with the green
tomatillos and we spoon ordinary sour cream and diced onions when serving
them. I know the Mexican crema agria is the preferred choice, but hard to
find in the US.

Guests at our house really like the dab of sour cream and use it to 'muffle'
the added chile they might use as a condiment.

Wayne

Charles Gifford

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> Hello Uncle Bob, our very favorite enchilada is made with the green
> tomatillos and we spoon ordinary sour cream and diced onions when serving
> them. I know the Mexican crema agria is the preferred choice, but hard to
> find in the US.
>
> Guests at our house really like the dab of sour cream and use it to

'muffle'
> the added chile they might use as a condiment.
>
> Wayne

At my casa the favorite enchilada is stuffed with guacamole and topped with
crema or plain sour cream. I can purchase crema at the Vons (supermarket) I
shop at. They have it in the cheese/butter/sour cream area. Since the
infamous strike, Vons has not carried as many ethnic foods as they used to.
They did have a full line of Mexican cheeses. They don't anymore but they
still have the crema.

Charlie

maiggy

Ola chicos! What are you guys trying to make now?? Sour cream sauce for
enchiladas? Well
here it is:

Salsa para Enchiladas Suizas
6 cups chicken broth or stock
3 tomatillos, the size of tangerines, diced
1 bunch green onions, tops and all, cleaned and coarsely chopped
1 poblano pepper, diced, seeds optional
1 celery stick coarsely chopped
1 small jalapeno, diced, seeds optional
cilantro, washed and hand torn, amount is to your taste
2 good sized garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder, less if preferred
a dash of ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 16oz tub of sour cream

Put all ingredients except sour cream to simmer in a small covered stock pot
for about 20 to 30 minutes. Check the vegetables and make sure they are
soft, if so then run a hand held puree/blender wand through until smooth.
If you have to use the blender, be very careful, you may have to let the
broth cool. Once pureed, over low heat warm up and mix in the sour cream.
Now that's a real sour cream sauce for chicken enchiladas just like
abuelita used to make.

P.S. The husband was fit to be tied last night come supper time. I spent the
day cooking as I don't cook like I used because of school and work. Mind
you I do not believe in premade mixes, it takes away from the flavor and
love of the dish. Here was the menu:
Menudo
Carne guisada
Arroz de Saffron Mexicano
Frijoles al a Charra
Tortillas de harina
Empanadas de camote con Cajeta

Maiggy aka as Molcajete Mama by the hubby