Wayne Lundberg

Default Micheladas

I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of us
in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is the
greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with a
lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.

I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt, add
ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com

In article >,
Wayne Lundberg > wrote:
>I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
>with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of us
>in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is the
>greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with a
>lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.

Hi Wayne,

I know that in El Paso, folks have been enjoying Micheladas for at
least 10 years. Hmm Think I'll go fix one right now....

Johann

--
Return address invalid due to spam.
krusty kritter

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of us
> in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is the
> greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with a
> lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
>
> I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt, add
> ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!

What percentage alcohol is in a Corona, Or a Dos XX anyway? I'm not a
beer drinker, to me it's too bitter, so I never look at beer bottles.
I'd rather drink a margarita or a fruit-flavored wine cooler made with
malt liquor...

It sounds like a Michelada is just a spicier shandy. Brits still drink
shandies...

I suppose British soldiers brought the shandy back from India, where it
was so hot a drink with a lot of alcohol wouldn't quench the thirst
well enough.
And it probably wasn't made originally with 3.2% alcohol content beer,
either, it was probably made with stout...

shandy
Date: 1888
1 : SHANDYGAFF
2 : a drink consisting of beer and lemonade

shandygaff
Date: 1853
: beer diluted with a nonalcoholic drink (as ginger beer)

pulido

http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...michelada.html

jl
"Wayne Lundberg" > schreef in bericht
> I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of us
> in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is the
> greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with a
> lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
>
> I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt, add
> ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!
>
> Wayne
> www.pueblaprotocol.com

Wayne Lundberg

"krusty kritter" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> > with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of

us
> > in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is

the
> > greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with

> > lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
> >
> > I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt,

add
> > ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!

> What percentage alcohol is in a Corona, Or a Dos XX anyway? I'm not a
> beer drinker, to me it's too bitter, so I never look at beer bottles.
> I'd rather drink a margarita or a fruit-flavored wine cooler made with
> malt liquor...
>
> It sounds like a Michelada is just a spicier shandy. Brits still drink
> shandies...
>
> I suppose British soldiers brought the shandy back from India, where it
> was so hot a drink with a lot of alcohol wouldn't quench the thirst
> well enough.
> And it probably wasn't made originally with 3.2% alcohol content beer,
> either, it was probably made with stout...
>
> shandy
> Date: 1888
> 1 : SHANDYGAFF
> 2 : a drink consisting of beer and lemonade
>
> shandygaff
> Date: 1853
> : beer diluted with a nonalcoholic drink (as ginger beer)

I first "met" the concept of a Michelada through the wife of the Spanish
embassador in Mexico who showed us how to mix beer and orange juice. It was
a true delight then, and is one of my favorites for a hot day to this day.
Spain was a major exporter of oranges before Florida took on the mantle.

Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

Part of the pleasure in the Michelada is in the making of it. You can have a
bit of fun with the "ceremony" of making them, what with the salt rim, ice
cubes, lime juice and just a tad Tabasco as you serve to your favorite
guests. Or alone, pretending you have guests!

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com

Wayne Lundberg

"pulido" > wrote in message
. ..
> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...michelada.html
>

> jl
> "Wayne Lundberg" > schreef in bericht
> > I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> > with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of

us
> > in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is

the
> > greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with

> > lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
> >
> > I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt,

add
> > ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!
> >
> > Wayne
> > www.pueblaprotocol.com

Very nice site!
You are right, the Maggi and 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce are a great
addition. And the Maggi is also used to quell the fire in a shot of tequila
for those who don't like it so hot.

Wayne

krusty kritter

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> I first "met" the concept of a Michelada through the wife of the Spanish
> embassador in Mexico who showed us how to mix beer and orange juice. It was
> a true delight then, and is one of my favorites for a hot day to this day.
> Spain was a major exporter of oranges before Florida took on the mantle.

Ain't cross-cultural pollination a trip? I love Spain...

Spain probably still exports lots of oranges to England. James Michener
opened his "Iberia" with a description of loading oranges onto a
freighter on a port of the Bay of Biscay...

Spain's a hot country. North African climate or mediterranean. Madrid's
right dead center and bakes in summer and freezes in winter. The older
part of Madrid is 15th century Austrian, the newer part is 19th century
French. The current king of Spain is a Frenchman, but it's the same
deal as England, whoever supports the royals in either country probably
considers them as locally ethnic, "ellos son nosotros".
English-speaking German/Greeks will "rule" England, a Spanish-speaking
Frenchman's on the throne of Spain...

What else would we have to inspire us to visit Spain, except for the
trappings of its past? It's a fascinating country, worth the visit to
see the old stuff...

I suppose if you researched the subject, you'd find that the original
Michelada
was invented when Austrians met Moors in Granada in the 15th century...

The Austrians brought the Holy Roman Empire and the beer and the Moors
brought their oranges and Islam and they mixed them together so the
Moors could drink alcohol surreptitiously in public. Allah only knows
what they called it...

Sangria was probably invented when the French collided with the Spanish
during the Napoleonic Wars. The French brought Napoleon's cousin and
the wine, Spain already had the oranges...

In Torremolinos, the tour group I was with was invited to a "welcome to
the Costa del Sol" party in the hotel lobby. We were served sangria and
Spanish tortillas. I thought of my Chicano friends in California and
wondered what they would have thought of a "tortilla" made of eggs and
potatoes instead of "harina de maiz".

My old friend is half Mexican and half Indian. He's about 80 years old.
Lived his whole life in Arizona and California, except for his visit to
Normandy in 1944, where he lost a leg to German mortar fire. Now he's
Jaime el Mocho. He was talking about visiting Spain, saying that he'd
like to see the "home" country.

I tried to imagine what his reactions would be to a Spanish tortilla
and discovering that Spain was full of "hueros", and there were no
"home boys" anywhere to be seen and he just couldn't get a taco...

Nope. The national fast food of Spanish seems to be a ham and cheese
sandwich on a tough french roll. For variety, you can order a cheese
and ham sandwich on a tough french roll. Spaniards go out on their
paseo in the evening and go into little bistros and stand around in
their business suits, chatting and drinking a beer and gnawing on one
of those wretched bocadillos. It cost about a buck when I was there in
the last century...

Another guy I know was in Madrid. He looked at the menu, saw
"ensalada", thought he was going to get an *enchilada* so it ordered
that item...

The Spaniards don't understand the concept of fast food, either. They
wonder why McDonald's employs a security guard to make them leave after
only staying two hours for lunch. What ever happened to genteel Spanish
hospitality?

Cross-cultural pollination...

> Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

I guess I'd have to smuggle some 6% Mexican beer across the border at
Tecate, like I smuggled the freon I needed for my old car's air
conditioner. But, is it all lager beer? I don't care for bitter acrid
tasting beer, I can hardly finish a glass of the stuff...

Wayne Lundberg

> [...]

> Another guy I know was in Madrid. He looked at the menu, saw
> "ensalada", thought he was going to get an *enchilada* so it ordered
> that item...
>
> The Spaniards don't understand the concept of fast food, either. They
> wonder why McDonald's employs a security guard to make them leave after
> only staying two hours for lunch. What ever happened to genteel Spanish
> hospitality?
>
> Cross-cultural pollination...
>
> > Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> > Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

> I guess I'd have to smuggle some 6% Mexican beer across the border at
> Tecate, like I smuggled the freon I needed for my old car's air
> conditioner. But, is it all lager beer? I don't care for bitter acrid
> tasting beer, I can hardly finish a glass of the stuff...

I'm not clipping a single word from this string. You have added so much
salsa that removal of a single word would destroy the flow of ideas you
have added.

My wife is a dancer. She started with modern dance back when, then when my
mother took up belly dancing she became a professional belly dancer for
years until seduced by flamenco which is the greatest and most imaginative
mix of flavors in music ever... Indian, Gypsy, Mediterranean, Moorish,
Spanish... and we live that culture every day with her hundreds of Flamenco
CDs. She toured Spain and her most significant memory is the inability to
get hot sauce... she was able to buy a miniature bottle of Tabasco for some
seven dollars in Sevilla! She wanted Mexican beans but could only find
Favada and that in a province that was despised in other provinces when she
wanted the same thing again somewhere else.

Spain, she says, is unique. They live to party. Night is when people come
alive and by midnight the party starts, not to end until daylight when
people go to sleep and roosters call the dawn. How any work gets done in
Spain is a wonder to all.

I love a Spanish tortilla and have been practicing forever to make them like
my wife's flamenco teacher who takes them to the occasional juerga (party).
And yes, sangira must be from valencia where grapes and oranges grew in the
same fields.

Wayne

Rich McCormack

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

How the alcohol content of beer is measured can be confusing. 3.2
usually refers to volume by weight (ABW), which actually calculates
to 4% alcohol by volume (ABV). Most megabrewery beers brewed in the
U.S. range somewhere between 2.3% and 3.8% ABW (2.8% to 4.7% ABV).
U.S. light beers range from 2.3% to 3.2% ABW (2.8% to 4% ABV). U.S.
lagers range from 3.6% to 3.8% ABW (4.5% to 4.7% ABV). I call such
beers sweat beer. They’re only acceptable for quenching the thirst
while mowing the lawn in 90+ temps and only if they’re ice cold.

Not all U.S. beer is so wimpy. Microbreweries and so called “craft
and boutique” breweries in the U.S. make beers in the 5% to 7% ABV,
with some higher. Boston Brewing Co. makes a beer (if you can still
call it a beer) that measures 25% ABV and 20% ABW. Our local
San Diego Co. “high octane” brewing company, Stone Brewing Co. makes
brews starting out at 5.4% ABV and ranging to 10%+ ABV.

There is no federal law regulating alcohol content of beers, it’s left
to the individual states to regulate such things. Some states do
still adhere to the post prohibition era 3.2 ABW standard, but even
most of those states allow stronger beers to be sold with added
licensing and regulation. California used to be a “3.2” state. That
doesn't mean beers over 3.2 ABW weren't allowed to be sold, they just
had to be labeled something other than beer, such as malt liquor or
ale. Current CA law allows beers up to 4% ABW to be labeled beer.
Those over 4% ABW must, as before, be labeled something else.

I’d guess the reason Mexican beer imported into California has a lower
alcohol content than its “south of the border” brothers is because it
would have to be labeled something other than beer. Un más licor de
malta por favor just doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as una más
cerveza... IMHO :-)

Rich

Dan Abel

In article >, Rich McCormack
> wrote:

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> > Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

> How the alcohol content of beer is measured can be confusing.

> There is no federal law regulating alcohol content of beers, it’s left
> to the individual states to regulate such things. Some states do
> still adhere to the post prohibition era 3.2 ABW standard, but even
> most of those states allow stronger beers to be sold with added
> licensing and regulation.

The feds are involved somehow in the US. I think that they do the
licensing or something. However, it's true that the interesting part is
at the state level, for most consumers. It's not just what it can be
labeled as, but what it is taxed at. For most states, the excise tax rate
for beer is much less than for other alcoholic beverages.

I did a Google search and was surprised at the variance in state excise
taxes for alcohol.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Wayne Lundberg

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> > Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

snip-----

As I recall, Colorado had a 3.2 law and Coors was a major player in the game
exporting to most of the US as time went on after WWII. At 18 I drank 3.2
beer in Denver but could not drink anything stronger. Then, since Interstate
Commerce does not monitor beer across borders, most beer wholesalers and
brewers found it easier to just make 3.2 available to not violate any state
law. So, yes, local breweries can brew anything legal in that city/state and
simply call it ale or whatever. But the major breweries still hold to the
safe 3.2 for sale anywhere in the US. Any beer over 12% is not beer, it is
reinforced beer by adding alcohol since the fermentation process is killed
at 12%. I think. But then, quien sabe?

Wayne

wtrplnet

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
> > Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

> How the alcohol content of beer is measured can be confusing. 3.2
> usually refers to volume by weight (ABW), which actually calculates
> to 4% alcohol by volume (ABV). Most megabrewery beers brewed in the
> U.S. range somewhere between 2.3% and 3.8% ABW (2.8% to 4.7% ABV).
> U.S. light beers range from 2.3% to 3.2% ABW (2.8% to 4% ABV). U.S.
> lagers range from 3.6% to 3.8% ABW (4.5% to 4.7% ABV). I call such
> beers sweat beer. They’re only acceptable for quenching the thirst
> while mowing the lawn in 90+ temps and only if they’re ice cold.
>
> Not all U.S. beer is so wimpy. Microbreweries and so called “craft
> and boutique” breweries in the U.S. make beers in the 5% to 7% ABV,
> with some higher. Boston Brewing Co. makes a beer (if you can still
> call it a beer) that measures 25% ABV and 20% ABW. Our local
> San Diego Co. “high octane” brewing company, Stone Brewing Co. makes
> brews starting out at 5.4% ABV and ranging to 10%+ ABV.
>
> There is no federal law regulating alcohol content of beers, it’s left
> to the individual states to regulate such things. Some states do
> still adhere to the post prohibition era 3.2 ABW standard, but even
> most of those states allow stronger beers to be sold with added
> licensing and regulation. California used to be a “3.2” state. That
> doesn't mean beers over 3.2 ABW weren't allowed to be sold, they just
> had to be labeled something other than beer, such as malt liquor or
> ale. Current CA law allows beers up to 4% ABW to be labeled beer.
> Those over 4% ABW must, as before, be labeled something else.
>
> I’d guess the reason Mexican beer imported into California has a lower
> alcohol content than its “south of the border” brothers is because it
> would have to be labeled something other than beer. Un más licor de
> malta por favor just doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as una más
> cerveza... IMHO :-)
>
> Rich

Glad someone here knows about beer. For anyone interested, all you could
ever want to know about beer:

http://www.beeradvocate.com

And yes, Stone rocks!

Dan Abel

In article >, Rich McCormack
> wrote:

> How the alcohol content of beer is measured can be confusing. 3.2
> usually refers to volume by weight (ABW), which actually calculates
> to 4% alcohol by volume (ABV).

> ale. Current CA law allows beers up to 4% ABW to be labeled beer.
> Those over 4% ABW must, as before, be labeled something else.

I checked my recycle, and regular Coors and Bud are 5%. I didn't actually
get out a calculator, but it looks like that corresponds to the 4% ABW
that you posted.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

debi

certain towns/states still sell weaker beer-for instance oklahoma-in
some liqour doors you can go in the right hand door and get cold
domestic beer that is very weak, i think they call it 3.2

you can go outside and go in another door to the same liquor store and
get other brands of beer, usually imported, that have regualr strength

not exactly mexican, but in the whitetrash south we drink red beer
with tomatojuice or v8, hot sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime, salt
optional

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:05:08 -0700, "wtrplnet"
> wrote:

>"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message
m...

>> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>>
>> > Mexican beer is 6% plus and not 3.2 as is most beer in the US. In fact,
>> > Mexican beer exported to the US must be the lower 3.2 version.

>> How the alcohol content of beer is measured can be confusing. 3.2
>> usually refers to volume by weight (ABW), which actually calculates
>> to 4% alcohol by volume (ABV). Most megabrewery beers brewed in the
>> U.S. range somewhere between 2.3% and 3.8% ABW (2.8% to 4.7% ABV).
>> U.S. light beers range from 2.3% to 3.2% ABW (2.8% to 4% ABV). U.S.
>> lagers range from 3.6% to 3.8% ABW (4.5% to 4.7% ABV). I call such
>> beers sweat beer. They’re only acceptable for quenching the thirst
>> while mowing the lawn in 90+ temps and only if they’re ice cold.
>>
>> Not all U.S. beer is so wimpy. Microbreweries and so called “craft
>> and boutique” breweries in the U.S. make beers in the 5% to 7% ABV,
>> with some higher. Boston Brewing Co. makes a beer (if you can still
>> call it a beer) that measures 25% ABV and 20% ABW. Our local
>> San Diego Co. “high octane” brewing company, Stone Brewing Co. makes
>> brews starting out at 5.4% ABV and ranging to 10%+ ABV.
>>
>> There is no federal law regulating alcohol content of beers, it’s left
>> to the individual states to regulate such things. Some states do
>> still adhere to the post prohibition era 3.2 ABW standard, but even
>> most of those states allow stronger beers to be sold with added
>> licensing and regulation. California used to be a “3.2” state. That
>> doesn't mean beers over 3.2 ABW weren't allowed to be sold, they just
>> had to be labeled something other than beer, such as malt liquor or
>> ale. Current CA law allows beers up to 4% ABW to be labeled beer.
>> Those over 4% ABW must, as before, be labeled something else.
>>
>> I’d guess the reason Mexican beer imported into California has a lower
>> alcohol content than its “south of the border” brothers is because it
>> would have to be labeled something other than beer. Un más licor de
>> malta por favor just doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as una más
>> cerveza... IMHO :-)
>>
>> Rich

>Glad someone here knows about beer. For anyone interested, all you could
>ever want to know about beer:
>
>http://www.beeradvocate.com
>
>And yes, Stone rocks!

Wayne Lundberg

"debi" > wrote in message
news

> certain towns/states still sell weaker beer-for instance oklahoma-in
> some liqour doors you can go in the right hand door and get cold
> domestic beer that is very weak, i think they call it 3.2
>
> you can go outside and go in another door to the same liquor store and
> get other brands of beer, usually imported, that have regualr strength
>
> not exactly mexican, but in the whitetrash south we drink red beer
> with tomatojuice or v8, hot sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime, salt
> optional

Sounds good to me! I love V8 and lime juice... salt and Tabasco to top it
off. It's kind of like a Bloody Mary in a way, only gentler.

Wayne

Charles Gifford

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of us
> in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is the
> greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with a
> lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
>
> I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt, add
> ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!
>
> Wayne
> www.pueblaprotocol.com

I learned about this from a bartender friend who works in an hotel bar in
Los Angeles that I frequent. He is from Cancun and said it was very popular
with the locals such as he. He doesn't make them for the hotel but still has
them at home on hot days in L.A. I have his recipe around somewhere. I
remember it being as you describe with lemonade, beer, Tabasco and with a
salt rimmed glass. He added Magi seasoning which he said was essential! I
don't remember if he used Worcestershire or not.

How is Micheladas pronounced. I'd like to know before I see him again!
Thanks for the reminder!

Charlie

Wayne Lundberg

Pronounce with "me" as you would in English, hard 'e'... and chelada like
'chill' 'ah!' 'da' as in Dad. "Meechill-ah-Da(d).

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> > I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught on
> > with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so many of

us
> > in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What has evolved is

the
> > greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt rimmed glass filled with

> > lemonade made with beer and a dash of Tabasco.
> >
> > I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in salt,

add
> > ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true delight!
> >
> > Wayne
> > www.pueblaprotocol.com
> >

> I learned about this from a bartender friend who works in an hotel bar in
> Los Angeles that I frequent. He is from Cancun and said it was very

popular
> with the locals such as he. He doesn't make them for the hotel but still

has
> them at home on hot days in L.A. I have his recipe around somewhere. I
> remember it being as you describe with lemonade, beer, Tabasco and with a
> salt rimmed glass. He added Magi seasoning which he said was essential! I
> don't remember if he used Worcestershire or not.
>
> How is Micheladas pronounced. I'd like to know before I see him again!
> Thanks for the reminder!
>
> Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> Pronounce with "me" as you would in English, hard 'e'... and chelada like
> 'chill' 'ah!' 'da' as in Dad. "Meechill-ah-Da(d).

Thank you! I had it right for a change! Much obliged!

Charlie

Rhonda

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
>> I'm surprised that the latest and greatest refreshment has not caught
>> on with US lovers of Mexican food. A Michelada is the result of so
>> many of us in the past squeezing lime juice into our beers... What
>> has evolved is the greatest combination of a lot of tastes. A salt
>> rimmed glass filled with a lemonade made with beer and a dash of
>> Tabasco.
>>
>> I usually squeeze to limes after rubbing the rim of the glass in
>> salt, add ice and then beer. Incredibly refreshing and a true
>> delight!
>>
>> Wayne
>> www.pueblaprotocol.com
>>

> I learned about this from a bartender friend who works in an hotel bar
> in Los Angeles that I frequent. He is from Cancun and said it was very
> popular with the locals such as he. He doesn't make them for the hotel
> but still has them at home on hot days in L.A. I have his recipe
> around somewhere. I remember it being as you describe with lemonade,
> beer, Tabasco and with a salt rimmed glass. He added Magi seasoning
> which he said was essential! I don't remember if he used
> Worcestershire or not.
>
> How is Micheladas pronounced. I'd like to know before I see him again!
> Thanks for the reminder!
>
> Charlie

I like to do this with Clamato juice and Tapatio.