Old 14-06-2005, 05:01 PM
JK

Default Mexican Food Recipes

Do you any good mexican food recipes?? Send them to me please!

Thanks

Old 14-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Dimitri

"JK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you any good mexican food recipes?? Send them to me please!

Thanks

No. That's what A.F.M-C. is for.

Dimitri

Old 14-06-2005, 06:31 PM
JK

What is "A.F.M-C." ?

Old 14-06-2005, 06:33 PM
JK

Nevermind I got it!

Old 14-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Wayne Lundberg

"JK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you any good mexican food recipes?? Send them to me please!

---snip---

You just passed the first test. You posted and then came back to see if
anybody responded. We see so many people come, post, then never show up
again.

So... you want great Mexican food recipes. Your first challenge will be to
define what you mean by Mexican Food. I claim Mexican food to be food with
origins in pre-Columbian resources found in America before the conquest such
as corn, chile, tomato, cocoa, potatoes, cotton.... Others in this newsgroup
say anything that contains the world Mexican on the label or on the menu
from anywhere in the world.

Not that it really matters because taste is the eventual judge and in my
opinion ALL Mexican food is a treat - be it from Cancun, or San Francisco,
Laredo or London.

So... who is your audience for the recipes you will be taking from us to
post... where?

Wayne

For some fun in getting to know more about Mexico why not start with the
food? Check out my www.pueblaprotocol.com and go down a page where the fun
starts. (Please pass this along to anybody you think would enjoy exploring
pre conquest food in America) This is a non-commercial site. No gimmicks, no
come-ons, no solicitations, no specials, no offers... just for fun!

Old 14-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Dimitri

"JK" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping to use the recipes for a website.

snip

I suppose you don't know how to Google either.

Dimitri

Old 14-06-2005, 11:12 PM
JK

Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

Old 15-06-2005, 02:12 AM
wtrplnet

Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

Interesting. At first I thought that was pretty harsh. And I suppose it
is. Calling someone an idiot or worse on usenet is so common it gets to the
point where it just seems natural to do.

Perhaps JK can explain the nature of the web site a little better. Original
recipes from those willing to provide them? Is the site commercial in any
way? I understand his reluctance to simply pull recipes off the Internet
and use them on a site, a sure way to get in some kind of trouble
eventually.

So, JK, tell more about your intentions and maybe you'll get a better
reaction from the people here.

Personally, I don't really cook, I just appreciate really Mexican cooking.
I come to this place to read all the great contributions from those who know
a LOT more about Mexican cooking than I do.

I really hate when communication seems to break down because people don't
understand the intentions of others.

Old 15-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Sonoran Dude

JK wrote:
Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

I see them all the time on the back of Velveeta boxes.

Old 15-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Wayne Lundberg

"JK" wromessage
ups.com...
Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

----snip---

If I'm not mistaken, once I post a recipe on any newsgroup I have more or
less given myself the copyright, but also permission for it to be used by
the world because I have not reserved the c for my exclusive use. I believe
that the user must only keep my name attached to the document.

I've seen a lot of my stuff from this and other newsgroups wrapped up for
sequential reading by others of similar interest by people such as yourself
who want to provide better service and even invite advertising pop ups to
appear next to the material. I personally don't mind at all. Google for
"Wayne Lundberg" Mexican food and you will start out with a ton of recipes
and interesting lore regarding this wonderful food culture. Use whatever you
like, just keep my name attached.

Wayne

Old 15-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Dimitri

"JK" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl122.html
Mere listings of ingredients as in recipes, formulas, compounds or prescriptions
are not subject to copyright protection. However, where a recipe or formula is
accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or
directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there
may be a basis for copyright protection.

Protection under the copyright law (title 17 of the United States Code, section
102) extends only to "original works of authorship" that are fixed in a tangible
form (a copy). "Original" means merely that the author produced the work by his
own intellectual effort, as distinguished from copying an existing work.
Copyright protection may extend to a description, explanation, or illustration,
assuming that the requirements of the copyright law are met.

To register the directions or instructions of a recipe or cookbook, send the
following three elements in the same envelope or package to the Library of
Congress, Copyright Office, 101 Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.
20559-6000.

Old 16-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Charles Gifford

"JK" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

Hey Dimitri! You are an idiot! I didn't know that. It is amazing what one
can learn in newsgroups! I mean, you know a guy for years then suddenly find
out he is an idiot! You have hidden it well my friend. Sure had me fooled.
giggle

Charlie

Old 16-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Dimitri

"Charles Gifford" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JK" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes I do but there is this thing called copyright you idiot!

Hey Dimitri! You are an idiot! I didn't know that. It is amazing what one
can learn in newsgroups! I mean, you know a guy for years then suddenly find
out he is an idiot! You have hidden it well my friend. Sure had me fooled.
giggle

Charlie

Well you know how it is Charlie, you can fool some of the people some of the
time but it takes a brain surgeon to uncover people like me.

After all, one of my lifelong ambitions was to send Mexican recipes to some one
I don't know, or have not meet, or who hasn't even had the courtesy to spend
time reading the NG or let people know why he wants the recipes.

Damn, that's an invitation I just can't resist.

Now that my life is complete I can send off all me recipes then die and go to
heaven.

Regards,

Dimitri

Old 16-06-2005, 05:14 PM