Uncle Bob

Default pickling for jalapenos

I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I would
like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

Sonoran Dude

Uncle Bob wrote:
> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I would
> like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried
jalapenos even more. Reason is the heat!

Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes
till the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides wilted.
Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.

These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!
Wayne Lundberg

Use standard canning process only with a bit vinegar added. Bring a batch to
near boiling in water with vinegar. Let them set long enough for you to put
in a Mason jar. Fill jars and put jars in water and bring all to a boil for
a few minutes. This will kill all bacteria inside the jars so they will keep
for a long time. As time goes by the vinegar continues to work and pickles
the jalapenos. Add carrots and onions to make it a real escabeche treat.
Some people take the seeds out, others leave them in. Since jalapenos are on
the lower side of the Scovile ranking, the seeds add a bit of zest. Some
people roast them lightly before pickling and take off the skins and seeds.
I like them with seeds and lightly pickled.

If you have a lot of them, try different methods and label what you did with
them for future improvements or discard completely.

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com

"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I

would
> like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

chef_rwmiller

PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS
To make pickling solution, dilute a good grade vinegar with an equal amount
of water. Bring to a boil and cool. Prepare enough of the pickling solution
to completely cover chilies when packed in jars. There should be more than
1/2 inch headspace between level of liquid and open neck of jar. Wash
peppers and wipe (pat) dry with soft cloth.
Cover the bottom of a large skillet with salad oil. Add 1 large onion
(chopped), 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon cumin seed and 1 teaspoon
coriander. Heat chilies in spicy fat in skillet until skins begin to
blister. Pack while hot in jars. Add 1 teaspoon salt for each pint of
peppers. Cover with vinegar solution and add 1 teaspoon of the oil and spice
mixture. Seal. Let stand for 1 month before using. If unable to find
coriander, you may substitute oregano. (This seems to work out better if you
fry the peppers on medium heat instead of high.)
"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I

would
> like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

Sonoran Dude

chef_rwmiller wrote:
> PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS
> To make pickling solution, dilute a good grade vinegar with an equal amount
> of water. Bring to a boil and cool. Prepare enough of the pickling solution
> to completely cover chilies when packed in jars. There should be more than
> 1/2 inch headspace between level of liquid and open neck of jar. Wash
> peppers and wipe (pat) dry with soft cloth.
> Cover the bottom of a large skillet with salad oil. Add 1 large onion
> (chopped), 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon cumin seed and 1 teaspoon
> coriander. Heat chilies in spicy fat in skillet until skins begin to
> blister. Pack while hot in jars. Add 1 teaspoon salt for each pint of
> peppers. Cover with vinegar solution and add 1 teaspoon of the oil and spice
> mixture. Seal. Let stand for 1 month before using. If unable to find
> coriander, you may substitute oregano. (This seems to work out better if you
> fry the peppers on medium heat instead of high.)
> "Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
>
>>I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I

> would
>
>>like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

Ahh... the best of both worlds... will give it a try

Bruce

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:47:16 -0700, Sonoran Dude
> wrote:

>Uncle Bob wrote:
>> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I would
>> like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?
>>

>If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried
>jalapenos even more. Reason is the heat!
>
>Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
>deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes
>till the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides wilted.
>Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
>yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
>Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
>Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.
>
>These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
> for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
>Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!

You are absolutely right. I saw this at a local taquieria I eat at
frequently. I tried it at home with jalapenos and onions. It is great.
I also mix in other peppers and garlic cloves.

Bruce

Thurman

"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
>I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I
>would like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling
>solution?

My son-in-law told me that once you fry them, you will no longer pickle.

I'll be there next Tuesday, see if I can get a recipe.

Charles Gifford

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message

> If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried
> jalapenos even more. Reason is the heat!
>
> Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
> deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes
> till the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides wilted.
> Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
> yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
> Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
> Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.
>
> These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
> for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
> Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!

They are not the same thing. You might have a preference, but you are
comparing two different products. For instance, I like fresh cucumbers, but
I also like pickled cucumbers. Eating one does not mean I will never eat the
other again.

Charlie

Old Magic1

"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I would
like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?

Pickled Hot Peppers

4 lbs hot long red, green, or yellow peppers (Hungarian, Banana, Chile,
Jalapeno)
3 lbs sweet red and green peppers, mixed
5 cups vinegar
1 cup water
4 tsp canning or pickling salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 cloves garlic
Caution: Wear rubber gloves when handling hot peppers or wash hands
thoroughly with soap and water before touching your face.

Procedu Wash peppers. If small peppers are left whole, slash 2 to 4 slits
in each. Quarter large peppers. Blanch in boiling water or blister in order
to peel. Peppers may be blistered using one of the following methods: Oven
or broiler method: Place peppers in a hot oven (400° F) or broiler for 6-8
minutes or until skins blister. Range-top method: Cover hot burner, either
gas or electric, with heavy wire mesh. Place peppers on burner for several
minutes until skins blister. Cool and peel off skin. Flatten small peppers.
Fill jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Combine and heat other ingredients to
boiling and simmer 10 minutes. Remove garlic. Add hot pickling solution over
peppers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
Yield: About 9 pints

From: United States Department of Agriculture, Extension Service

--
Old Magic 1

Sonoran Dude

Charles Gifford wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>
>>If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried
>>jalapenos even more. Reason is the heat!
>>
>>Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
>>deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes
>>till the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides wilted.
>>Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
>>yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
>>Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
>>Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.
>>
>>These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
>> for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
>>Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!

> They are not the same thing. You might have a preference, but you are
> comparing two different products. For instance, I like fresh cucumbers, but
> I also like pickled cucumbers. Eating one does not mean I will never eat the
> other again.
>
> Charlie

Did I say they are the same thing? Sorry Charlie, I was trying to offer
conversation to a newly popular and simple way to prepare fresh
jalapenos that most, if not all of my chili eating friends are now
hooked on. And truth be told most of, if not all of us don't bother
eating sodium packed pickled jalapenos anymore when we cook ours fresh.
Anyway, thanks for the flame! the hotter the better.

Just a side note to the group, more often than not when I try to be
helpful here, some prima donna must kick in some politically or
grammatically correctness that has no real contribution other than
trying to start a fight. I don't see anal in the name of this newsgroup
but I think it should be considered. God forbid if some poor newbie
wants to mention the word authentic, look out.

painless

OK here goes! "AUTHENTIC"
Authentic is as authentic does. Most " MEXICANS" (particularly those in
Mexico) have such a dismal grocery budget that authentic Mexican Cooking
equals "what was on sale at the local market".
My ex-wife's family was raising 12 kids on $450.00 a month when I met her.
Authentic Mexican cooking consisted of:

Burritos made from canned sardines
Fresh Jalapenos roasted over a mesquite fire
Handmade Corn Tortillas (made from Masa Harina mix) cooked over same fire
(on a windmill blade)
Flour Tortillas on Sunday (the only day the stove and oven was used in the
house) Made from scratch
Vienna Sausages with chopped onion, jalapeno, and cilantro on corn
tortillas. (see tortilla section above)
Pinto Beans (fresh, never refried. If it was old enough to warrant frying,
it was thrown out, and fresh beabs were cooked)
etc.

The point is, these were first generation people from Durango. The food was
good, cooked by authentic Mexicans, and the atmosphere (for those who give
a damn about such things) was excellent. (I must admit, I was paying much
more attention to their daughter.) You would have had a hard time
convincing me that it wasn't authentic Mexican food. (In fact, you might
still have a hard time convincing me.)

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Charles Gifford wrote:
> > "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> >
> >>If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried
> >>jalapenos even more. Reason is the heat!
> >>
> >>Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
> >>deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes
> >>till the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides

wilted.
> >>Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
> >>yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
> >>Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
> >>Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.
> >>
> >>These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
> >> for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
> >>Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!

> > They are not the same thing. You might have a preference, but you are
> > comparing two different products. For instance, I like fresh cucumbers,

but
> > I also like pickled cucumbers. Eating one does not mean I will never eat

the
> > other again.
> >
> > Charlie
> >

> Did I say they are the same thing? Sorry Charlie, I was trying to offer
> conversation to a newly popular and simple way to prepare fresh
> jalapenos that most, if not all of my chili eating friends are now
> hooked on. And truth be told most of, if not all of us don't bother
> eating sodium packed pickled jalapenos anymore when we cook ours fresh.
> Anyway, thanks for the flame! the hotter the better.
>
> Just a side note to the group, more often than not when I try to be
> helpful here, some prima donna must kick in some politically or
> grammatically correctness that has no real contribution other than
> trying to start a fight. I don't see anal in the name of this newsgroup
> but I think it should be considered. God forbid if some poor newbie
> wants to mention the word authentic, look out.

Charles Gifford

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
<SNIP>
> Did I say they are the same thing? Sorry Charlie, I was trying to offer
> conversation to a newly popular and simple way to prepare fresh
> jalapenos that most, if not all of my chili eating friends are now
> hooked on. And truth be told most of, if not all of us don't bother
> eating sodium packed pickled jalapenos anymore when we cook ours fresh.

Dude, I think you missed my point entirely. For that, I am sorry. I should
have been more clear in what I said. Nevertheless, I doubt I can make any
headway here so I will let it slide.

> Anyway, thanks for the flame! the hotter the better.

You think my post was a flame!? Egad, you _have_ been sheltered. Just so you
know, it was not a flame or anything like it. I was just pointing out that
your statement was not a valid one. If you wish to disregard my suggestion
to consider what you said, I have no objection.

Charlie

Wayne Lundberg

"painless" > wrote in message
> OK here goes! "AUTHENTIC"
> Authentic is as authentic does. Most " MEXICANS" (particularly those in
> Mexico) have such a dismal grocery budget that authentic Mexican Cooking

---snip---

There are roughly 120 million Mexicans living in Mexico. About 30 million
are so wealthy that any member of the family could go to any airport, point
at a Lear Jet and say "I want that one, crew included, Playboy playmate for
stewardess." and never ask the price. There are some 30 million who live on
'ranchitos' out in the boonies who want nothing to do with Mexican Mexicans
because they still adhere to ancient tribal customs as much as possible and
don't even speak Spanish. Nor want to. That leaves about 60 million of which
about half are considered middle class who own cars, shop at Wal-Mart and
eat European, American, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and other
delicacies... maybe not every day, but often enough to enjoy the second
reason for living (the first being sex). And so, you are now down to the
really poor people who within a month or two will no longer be in Mexico but
will be washing your dish in the restaurant today, taco stand owner
tomorrow, entrepreneur with chain of Chuy's later. Nothing wrong this this.

So authentic Mexican food must be defined by those defining it. You have put
your two-bits worth, I have put mine in www.pueblaprotocol.com and others
have added their opinions and insight.

I participate in this newsgroup in hopes of sharing my experience in hopes
that some day may take one or two of these experiences and finding some kind
of pleasure or joy in learning from the past. Like armadillo tacos.

Wayne

painless

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "painless" > wrote in message
> > OK here goes! "AUTHENTIC"
> > Authentic is as authentic does. Most " MEXICANS" (particularly those

in
> > Mexico) have such a dismal grocery budget that authentic Mexican Cooking

> ---snip---
>
> There are roughly 120 million Mexicans living in Mexico. About 30 million
> are so wealthy that any member of the family could go to any airport,

point
> at a Lear Jet and say "I want that one, crew included, Playboy playmate

for
> stewardess." and never ask the price. There are some 30 million who live

on
> 'ranchitos' out in the boonies who want nothing to do with Mexican

Mexicans
> because they still adhere to ancient tribal customs as much as possible

and
> don't even speak Spanish. Nor want to. That leaves about 60 million of

which
> about half are considered middle class who own cars, shop at Wal-Mart and
> eat European, American, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and other
> delicacies... maybe not every day, but often enough to enjoy the second
> reason for living (the first being sex). And so, you are now down to the
> really poor people who within a month or two will no longer be in Mexico

but
> will be washing your dish in the restaurant today, taco stand owner
> tomorrow, entrepreneur with chain of Chuy's later. Nothing wrong this

this.

> So authentic Mexican food must be defined by those defining it. You have

put
> your two-bits worth, I have put mine in www.pueblaprotocol.com and others
> have added their opinions and insight.
>
> I participate in this newsgroup in hopes of sharing my experience in hopes
> that some day may take one or two of these experiences and finding some

kind
> of pleasure or joy in learning from the past. Like armadillo tacos.
>
> Wayne

righ on Wayne. BTW I really dig your site.

Wayne Lundberg

Thanks!

Sonoran Dude

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Thanks!

BTW... what does a couple of playmates go for in Mexico?
Wayne Lundberg

A fully trained and qualified female therapist can be hired for about $100 a
week plus benefits. You would have to do the interviewing to see if they
qualify for what you require.

Prostitution is legal in Mexico and in fact is encouraged for teaching young
boys how to pleasure a woman. Then, whey they marry, the marriage is more
likely to succeed. It is well documented that divorce rates in Latin
American countries is a small fraction of what it is in the United States.
It may have something to do with the different sexual mores and how this
most natural and pleasant of all human functions is handled. To me, a
playmate would be second only to Mexican food.

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > Thanks!
> >

> BTW... what does a couple of playmates go for in Mexico?

Sonoran Dude

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> A fully trained and qualified female therapist can be hired for about $100 a
> week plus benefits. You would have to do the interviewing to see if they
> qualify for what you require.
>
> Prostitution is legal in Mexico and in fact is encouraged for teaching young
> boys how to pleasure a woman. Then, whey they marry, the marriage is more
> likely to succeed. It is well documented that divorce rates in Latin
> American countries is a small fraction of what it is in the United States.
> It may have something to do with the different sexual mores and how this
> most natural and pleasant of all human functions is handled. To me, a
> playmate would be second only to Mexican food.
>
> Wayne
> www.pueblaprotocol.com
>
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>
>>Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>

>>BTW... what does a couple of playmates go for in Mexico?

Tell me about it.. I had a chef friend of mine drag me to Mexico back in
the early 80s. He wanted to get some therapy and so I went with him to a
remote bar in the middle of nowhere.... A little 95 pounder named
Yolonda was all about getting to know me. I only had a few dollars on me
and after a couple hours of therapy I ended up sneaking out a window in
the middle of the morning to find my buddy passed out on the steps of
the bar.

On our way home he wanted to go back because he didn't get the therapy
he required... to make a long story short the girl saw me again and this
time I was completely broke but she was quite hospitable if you know
what i mean... I should have smuggled her back but they probably don't
take to kindly to that sort of thing.

Wayne Lundberg

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
---snip----

> On our way home he wanted to go back because he didn't get the therapy
> he required... to make a long story short the girl saw me again and this
> time I was completely broke but she was quite hospitable if you know
> what i mean... I should have smuggled her back but they probably don't
> take to kindly to that sort of thing.

-----snip-----

There is less alcoholism in Mexico because there is no legal age for a
person buying a bottle or beer at a store, so there is no 'forbidden fruit'
syndrome. It is common for dad to send the kid to the corner store for his
six pack and pack of smokes.

There are nearly zero rapes, child molestations and sex crimes in Mexico
because there is a built in relief valve to sexual aberrations. Your wife
has a headache all the time? Go to zona rosa for quick relief.

There are very few pimps and solicitors to bring these benefits to the
general public, ergo, not criminals in charge of the government.

Drugs are the only fly in the soup today and it is caused by our American
demand for drugs. Where there is a demand, there will be a supply. Even if
criminal.

I know.... I sound like a preacher on a soap box... sorry... just an opinion
and in no way intended to try to change your mind nor influence your
thinking, to anybody lurking in the newsgroup. I fully respect your point of
view because I respect you, as a person. And all I can say, is let us agree
to disagree on certain issues and remain as friends.

Wayne

Jack Schidt®

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Uncle Bob wrote:
>> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I
>> would like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling
>> solution?

> If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried jalapenos
> even more. Reason is the heat!
>
> Take a handful of washed jalapenos and pan fry them in a little oil or
> deepfry. Med-Hi heat and just fry the outside skins for a few minutes till
> the skin begins to wilt. Turn with spoon to get all the sides wilted.
> Drain on a paper towel and salt the cooling peppers with table or better
> yet a kosher or flakey sea salt.
> Put all the peppers in a refrigerator container and chill.
> Serve like you would a pickled jalapeno.
>
> These will last up to a week in the refridgerator. Great for chopping up
> for eggs etc. Great out of hand for heat (and lots of it).
> Once you try these you will never eat pickled again!

I can't put into words how awesome that is or how grateful I am to have seen
it.

Thanks!

Jack

Sonoran Dude

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>
>>Uncle Bob wrote:
>>
>>>I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I
>>>would like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling
>>>solution?

>>If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried jalapenos
>>even more. Reason is the heat!

> I can't put into words how awesome that is or how grateful I am to have seen
> it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jack

Don't tell Charlie, it will be our little secret.
Jack Schidt®

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:

>>>If you enjoy whole pickled jalapenos you will enjoy fresh fried jalapenos
>>>even more. Reason is the heat!

>> I can't put into words how awesome that is or how grateful I am to have
>> seen it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jack

> Don't tell Charlie, it will be our little secret.

Mum's the word, brah.

Jack

Charles Gifford

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message

> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote > >>
> >> Jack

> > Don't tell Charlie, it will be our little secret.

> Mum's the word, brah.
>
> Jack

Too late brother Jack! I already heard. <grin>

Charlie

Jim Davis

I've got a big jar of store bought jalapenos that I've opened and have
kept on the cupboard shelf for months. Still seems to be good. I ain't
died yet, or if I have nobody told me. Safe?

Sonoran Dude wrote:

> chef_rwmiller wrote:
>
>> PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS
>> To make pickling solution, dilute a good grade vinegar with an equal
>> amount
>> of water. Bring to a boil and cool. Prepare enough of the pickling
>> solution
>> to completely cover chilies when packed in jars. There should be more
>> than
>> 1/2 inch headspace between level of liquid and open neck of jar. Wash
>> peppers and wipe (pat) dry with soft cloth.
>> Cover the bottom of a large skillet with salad oil. Add 1 large onion
>> (chopped), 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon cumin seed and 1 teaspoon
>> coriander. Heat chilies in spicy fat in skillet until skins begin to
>> blister. Pack while hot in jars. Add 1 teaspoon salt for each pint of
>> peppers. Cover with vinegar solution and add 1 teaspoon of the oil
>> and spice
>> mixture. Seal. Let stand for 1 month before using. If unable to find
>> coriander, you may substitute oregano. (This seems to work out better
>> if you
>> fry the peppers on medium heat instead of high.)
>> "Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I have planted some jalapeno bushes that are just starting to bear. I

>> would
>>
>>> like to pickle them whole. What's a good recipe for pickling solution?
>>>

> Ahh... the best of both worlds... will give it a try

Sonoran Dude

Jim Davis wrote:
> I've got a big jar of store bought jalapenos that I've opened and have
> kept on the cupboard shelf for months. Still seems to be good. I ain't
> died yet, or if I have nobody told me. Safe?

If they were packed in glass, you use clean utensils and they have lots
of preservatives from the store they are probably fine. Refrigeration
probably helps keep the pickles crisper. The high end pickle brands are
always marketed in the cold section. There must be a reason for it.

Sonoran Dude

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> ---snip----
>

>>On our way home he wanted to go back because he didn't get the therapy
>>he required... to make a long story short the girl saw me again and this
>>time I was completely broke but she was quite hospitable if you know
>>what i mean... I should have smuggled her back but they probably don't
>>take to kindly to that sort of thing.

> -----snip-----
>
> There is less alcoholism in Mexico because there is no legal age for a
> person buying a bottle or beer at a store, so there is no 'forbidden fruit'
> syndrome. It is common for dad to send the kid to the corner store for his
> six pack and pack of smokes.
>
> There are nearly zero rapes, child molestations and sex crimes in Mexico
> because there is a built in relief valve to sexual aberrations. Your wife
> has a headache all the time? Go to zona rosa for quick relief.
>
> There are very few pimps and solicitors to bring these benefits to the
> general public, ergo, not criminals in charge of the government.
>
> Drugs are the only fly in the soup today and it is caused by our American
> demand for drugs. Where there is a demand, there will be a supply. Even if
> criminal.
>
> I know.... I sound like a preacher on a soap box... sorry... just an opinion
> and in no way intended to try to change your mind nor influence your
> thinking, to anybody lurking in the newsgroup. I fully respect your point of
> view because I respect you, as a person. And all I can say, is let us agree
> to disagree on certain issues and remain as friends.
>
> Wayne

People ask me what it's like in Mexico. For the small towns I go to I
tell them it's like Mayberry. I once took a Brazilian friend down to
Rocky Point on a slow weekend. He was totally paranoid that we were
going to get rolled, thrown in jail or both.
I had just rented a brand new 4 wheel quad RV from a vendor that
probably cost a few thousand bucks. I came screaming up the beach and
parked in front of our hotel. This young kid selling crap on the beach
wanted to take it for a spin. I needed a beer so I told him to stay near
the hotel and threw him the keys as I turned and walked up to my room.
My buddy saw what I had done and went absolutley nuts. "Are you crazy
man! You just gave that kid a new quad!", I told him that he will be
back... I turned unconcerned and walked up to the room, got what I
needed and headed back down about 10 minutes later. The kid was running
up and down the beach and saw me coming so I waived him over.
He came right back with a huge smile on his face... I asked the kid to
give my friend a ride and took a picture of the two of them. (posted to
ABF if you think I'm full of it.) My friend could not beleive the
hospitality and the honesty of the Mexican people. He is now a believer.

Wayne Lundberg

Very good story! Worth repeating!!!

Wayne

> [...]

> parked in front of our hotel. This young kid selling crap on the beach
> wanted to take it for a spin. I needed a beer so I told him to stay near
> the hotel and threw him the keys as I turned and walked up to my room.
> My buddy saw what I had done and went absolutley nuts. "Are you crazy
> man! You just gave that kid a new quad!", I told him that he will be
> back... I turned unconcerned and walked up to the room, got what I
> needed and headed back down about 10 minutes later. The kid was running
> up and down the beach and saw me coming so I waived him over.
> He came right back with a huge smile on his face... I asked the kid to
> give my friend a ride and took a picture of the two of them. (posted to
> ABF if you think I'm full of it.) My friend could not beleive the
> hospitality and the honesty of the Mexican people. He is now a believer.

Jalapenos - not hot Becca[_5_] General Cooking 32 02-11-2019 11:07 AM
what I did w/ my jalapenos Uncle Bob Mexican Cooking 1 27-06-2005 04:56 PM
Jalapenos Cow Whisperer Preserving 0 19-06-2005 01:49 AM
Jalapenos Douglas Barber Barbecue 46 07-08-2004 03:26 PM
pickling jalapenos Driver Mexican Cooking 3 30-03-2004 09:45 PM