Wayne Lundberg

"Old Magic1" > wrote in message
> [...]

pequin
> chiles or
> crushed red pepper to taste.
> Garnish with lime wedges.
>
> About this recipe: When eaten with plenty of extra hot pepper, it is

reputed
> to cure
> hangovers.
>
> Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
>
> --
> Old Magic 1

This is a traditional 'soup' usually available early morning starting at
around 2 AM as a means of starting the sobering process or getting the
energy to get to work. The really hot chile de arbol salsa is added to suit
one's taste and the hotter the faster the recovery.

The chile tricks the body into thinking your mouth is on fire and
immediately triggers a shot of endorphin which is the body's natural pain
killer and acts much like morphine. It's the same thing that happens to
joggers and other athletes in what they call their 'second wind'. And it can
become somewhat addictive.

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com

Paul Covey

Default Menudo (Tripe Soup)

David Wright wrote:

> Let it go, please, Wayne.
>
> You told us in this newsgroup several months ago, in Spanish, that we
> were shit, and now you want to come back so you might get some
> business from some newbies.
>
> Too bad.
>
> David

I am sorry to see that, as I must have missed that discussion because I
come and go. It is too bad, as I do remember Wayne writing some of the
most interesting "recipes" which were more of a presentation of the
experience of cooking and enjoying a dish - somewhat like Rolly's site,
but done in a different way.

I think he also fought the battle against absolute authenticity which I
so agree with, and I believe made comments about the original A1.

Just saying that I appreciated his contributions in the past, and had
missed him, but am not aware of the incident you mention. And I know
nothing about the business part.
Paul
Old Magic1

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

> Let it go, please, Wayne.
>
> You told us in this newsgroup several months ago, in Spanish, that we
> were shit, and now you want to come back so you might get some
> business from some newbies.
>
> Too bad.
>
> David

I am sorry to see that, as I must have missed that discussion because I
come and go. It is too bad, as I do remember Wayne writing some of the
most interesting "recipes" which were more of a presentation of the
experience of cooking and enjoying a dish - somewhat like Rolly's site,
but done in a different way.

I think he also fought the battle against absolute authenticity which I
so agree with, and I believe made comments about the original A1.

Just saying that I appreciated his contributions in the past, and had
missed him, but am not aware of the incident you mention. And I know
nothing about the business part.
Paul

Here is what was posted, but I think we ALL get stressed out and angry
sometimes. I hate to bring religion into the discussion but someone you all
know stated "And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass
against us". We are told to forgive everyone that has done anything wrongful
against us. If one doesn't forgive completely, how can one ever expect
complete forgiveness? I too enjoyed Wayne's participation and knowledge. I
also look forward to his participation again. Welcome back Wayne !!!

--
Old Magic 1

Wayne Lundberg

Thank you Paul, Old Magic1... I missed the group and when I saw these
strings on the making of chicharron, of mole, and Menudo I just had to add
my two-bits worth. I'm not selling anything so I don't know where David got
the idea. Maybe because I post my website offering free entrepreneurial
training and the Pueblaprotocol concept which I hope will stimulate
discussion on the origins of Mexican food and culture. But there is no
selling anywhere in that site. It is strictly informational and an
invitation to participate. I might change it to a blog to make it easier for
others to share, but as long as this newsgroup exists, I'd like to keep it
here and grow the membership if possible.

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com and go to the bottom of the page for the latest in
Mexican cooking and culture including comments from others.

maiggy

To all:

The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to the
point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or chitlins!
Tripe is the cow stomach!
No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
horribles!

Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> Thank you!
>
> "Grizzman" > wrote in message
> >

> > Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> >
> > > I will be adding this bit of information in the growing database on

> Mexican
> > > folklore and cuisine. Thank you!
> > >
> > > Wayne
> > > www.pueblaprotocol.com

> > not a problem...i was born and raised in San Antonio, Tx and also lived
> > in Cozumel for a awhile so i have basically eaten just about everything
> > Mexican....with the exception of Cali-Mex food, its just not me.
> >

> > Grizzman

Wayne Lundberg

"maiggy" > wrote in message
> To all:
>
> The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
> believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to the
> point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or chitlins!
> Tripe is the cow stomach!
> No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
> horribles!
>
> Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

You are not interpreting it correctly. Tripe is not tripas. You are right in
that tripas are intestines in Spanish. But tripe in English is:
Definitions of tripe on the Web:

The stomach lining of beef, pork, or sheep. Beef tripe is the most commonly
available. Tripe is tough and requires long cooking. It is the prime
ingredient for menudo (tripe soup).
www.nutribase.com/fishmeat.shtml

thanks for your comment and please stay with us!

Wayne

Wayne Lundberg

"maiggy" > wrote in message
> To all:
>
> The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
> believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to the
> point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or chitlins!
> Tripe is the cow stomach!
> No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
> horribles!
>
> Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

You are not interpreting it correctly. Tripe is not tripas. You are right in
that tripas are intestines in Spanish. But tripe in English is:
Definitions of tripe on the Web:

The stomach lining of beef, pork, or sheep. Beef tripe is the most commonly
available. Tripe is tough and requires long cooking. It is the prime
ingredient for menudo (tripe soup).
www.nutribase.com/fishmeat.shtml

thanks for your comment and please stay with us!

Wayne

Wayne Lundberg

Looks like Maiggi might have something here. Can you clarify the source of
the pectin? Is it from tripe (stomach lining) or tripas (intestines)?

"Grizzman" > wrote in message

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > This is a traditional 'soup' usually available early morning starting at
> > around 2 AM as a means of starting the sobering process or getting the
> > energy to get to work. The really hot chile de arbol salsa is added to

suit
> > one's taste and the hotter the faster the recovery.
> >
> > The chile tricks the body into thinking your mouth is on fire and
> > immediately triggers a shot of endorphin which is the body's natural

pain
> > killer and acts much like morphine. It's the same thing that happens to
> > joggers and other athletes in what they call their 'second wind'. And it

can
> > become somewhat addictive.
> >
> > Wayne
> > www.pueblaprotocol.com

> one of the scientific reasons that menudo cures hangovers in that Tripas
> (tripe) is a natural source of pectin which will absorb alcohol
>
> Grizzman

Wayne Lundberg

"Grizzman" > wrote in message

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> > This is a traditional 'soup' usually available early morning starting at
> > around 2 AM as a means of starting the sobering process or getting the
> > energy to get to work. The really hot chile de arbol salsa is added to

suit
> > one's taste and the hotter the faster the recovery.
> >
> > The chile tricks the body into thinking your mouth is on fire and
> > immediately triggers a shot of endorphin which is the body's natural

pain
> > killer and acts much like morphine. It's the same thing that happens to
> > joggers and other athletes in what they call their 'second wind'. And it

can
> > become somewhat addictive.
> >
> > Wayne
> > www.pueblaprotocol.com

> one of the scientific reasons that menudo cures hangovers in that Tripas
> (tripe) is a natural source of pectin which will absorb alcohol
>
> Grizzman

Grizzman

maiggy wrote:
> To all:
>
> The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
> believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to the
> point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or chitlins!
> Tripe is the cow stomach!
> No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
> horribles!
>
> Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

Apples, oranges. TomAto...TOMaTO, the bottom line is the same.....they
are are good for hangovers. i am willing bet that pectin is in both! as
for tripas vs. tripe, i was born and raised in San Antonio, so you will
have to forgive my "*******ized" texican translations.

I NOW live in Alaska, where we call texas "That Small State"

Grizzman

Grizzman

maiggy wrote:
> To all:
>
> The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
> believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to the
> point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or chitlins!
> Tripe is the cow stomach!
> No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
> horribles!
>
> Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

Apples, oranges. TomAto...TOMaTO, the bottom line is the same.....they
are are good for hangovers. i am willing bet that pectin is in both! as
for tripas vs. tripe, i was born and raised in San Antonio, so you will
have to forgive my "*******ized" texican translations.

I NOW live in Alaska, where we call texas "That Small State"

Grizzman
Wayne Lundberg

Just finished reading Michener's Alaska. What a tale! Whereabouts do you
live and travel? Your salmon is selling at $22.00 a pound in my local
Albertson's.

"Grizzman" > wrote in message

> maiggy wrote:
> > To all:
> >
> > The recipe is INCORRECT! I make quite often for my family and I can not
> > believe the recipes that float thru here. They've been *******ized to

the
> > point of nonsense. Tripas are not tripe, they are intestines or

chitlins!
> > Tripe is the cow stomach!
> > No se como comen las comidas que ustedes hacen con estas recitas tan
> > horribles!
> >
> > Veronica De Guajardo in San Antonio

> Apples, oranges. TomAto...TOMaTO, the bottom line is the same.....they
> are are good for hangovers. i am willing bet that pectin is in both! as
> for tripas vs. tripe, i was born and raised in San Antonio, so you will
> have to forgive my "*******ized" texican translations.
>
> I NOW live in Alaska, where we call texas "That Small State"
>
> Grizzman

Grizzman

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Just finished reading Michener's Alaska. What a tale! Whereabouts do you
> live and travel? Your salmon is selling at $22.00 a pound in my local
> Albertson's.

WOW..22 a pound? sorry to hear that. You can buy fesh, whole silver
salmon when there are running for around 7 bux each, or of course catch
em, you do have to clean and fillet em yourself but so what heh? I live
in Anchorage unfortunately but i own land near Talkeetna and and am
starting to build my cabin this summer. Travel? as far as the roads will
take me...as close to the fish as possible....and near the hunt

Grizzman
Wayne Lundberg

"Grizzman" > wrote in message

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > Just finished reading Michener's Alaska. What a tale! Whereabouts do you
> > live and travel? Your salmon is selling at $22.00 a pound in my local
> > Albertson's.
> >

> WOW..22 a pound? sorry to hear that. You can buy fesh, whole silver
> salmon when there are running for around 7 bux each, or of course catch
> em, you do have to clean and fillet em yourself but so what heh? I live
> in Anchorage unfortunately but i own land near Talkeetna and and am
> starting to build my cabin this summer. Travel? as far as the roads will
> take me...as close to the fish as possible....and near the hunt
>
> Grizzman

Even at $22 a pound I think it's a good buy. Once a year to have such a
delight!

When you build your cabin, are you shooting for as much self sufficiency as
possible? Or as much traditional as possible? (None of my business of
course, just curiosity)

Wayne