Old Magic1

Default No Messages???

I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
messages. What's up???

--
Old Magic 1

Jim Lane

Roger Hinson wrote:
> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>

>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>messages. What's up???

> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
> napping, You know how old foke are

With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
getting over their cabin fever.

jim
Jim Lane

Roger Hinson wrote:
> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>

>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>messages. What's up???

> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
> napping, You know how old foke are

With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
getting over their cabin fever.

jim
David Wright

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:16:18 -0700, Jim Lane >
wrote:

>Roger Hinson wrote:
>> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>>

>>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>>messages. What's up???

>> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
>> napping, You know how old foke are

>With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
>getting over their cabin fever.
>

>jim

I think it's interesting that the OP complains about the absence of
new posts after complaining about conversational messages that he
considered to be off-topic, but that did keep communication going.

David
David Wright

wrote:

>Roger Hinson wrote:
>> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>>

>>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>>messages. What's up???

>> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
>> napping, You know how old foke are

>With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
>getting over their cabin fever.
>

>jim

I think it's interesting that the OP complains about the absence of
new posts after complaining about conversational messages that he
considered to be off-topic, but that did keep communication going.

David

Roger Hinson

"Old Magic1" > wrote:

>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>messages. What's up???

I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
napping, You know how old foke are
Old Magic1

wrote:

>Roger Hinson wrote:
>> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>>

>>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>>messages. What's up???

>> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
>> napping, You know how old foke are

>With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
>getting over their cabin fever.
>

>jim

I think it's interesting that the OP complains about the absence of
new posts after complaining about conversational messages that he
considered to be off-topic, but that did keep communication going.

David

You seem to be the king in the complaint department. As for the OT messages,
I thought this was a food NG. If we can't manage to limit our discussions
to Mexican cooking we might be better served by posting to another NG. Now
to get your day kick started:

Breakfast Potato Burrito

2 potatoes-peeled-and diced small
1 onion-diced
good shake black pepper and garlic salt
Habanero Pepper Sauce
Chunky Salsa

Fry the potatoes and onions till potatoes brown.
Add pepper and garlic salt

Spread Habanero Pepper Sauce onto a big flour tortilla and add a big
spoonful of potatoes, onions and a good scoop of salsa-listed below.
Tuck one side of the tortilla over the mixture and then fold both ends over
and roll to seal the mixture in.

Habanero Pepper Sauce

12 Habanero chiles, stems removed, chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB vegetable oil
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/2 c distilled vinegar
1/4 c lime juice

Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
Add carrots with a small amount of water.
Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are soft.
Place mixture in blender with chiles, and puree until smooth.
Combine puree with vinegar and lime juice; simmer 5 minutes to combine
flavors.
Put mixture into sterilized bottles and seal.
Heat Scale: 9
Yield: 2 cups

From: The Whole Chile Pepper Book by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach.

Chunky Salsa

2 Tbl. chili oil
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup coarsely diced green bell pepper
1 35-ounce can tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (reserve 1/2 cup
juice)
1Tbl. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbl. Habanero Pepper Sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oil in large heavy saucepan over high heat.
Add onion, bell pepper and sauté 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until
tender.
Add tomatoes and juice; bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
salsa is slightly thickened.
Remove from heat.
Stir in lime juice, Habanero Sauce to taste and salt.
Cool to lukewarm; stir in cilantro.
Spoon salsa into clean jars and seal.
Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups.

--
Old Magic 1

Old Magic1

wrote:

>Roger Hinson wrote:
>> "Old Magic1" > wrote:
>>

>>>I guess we are back to not talking again or else I'm not receiving any
>>>messages. What's up???

>> I've not seen any messages in a few days either. Maybe everyone is
>> napping, You know how old foke are

>With the warm weather here, I've been bike riding. May be a lot of folks
>getting over their cabin fever.
>

>jim

I think it's interesting that the OP complains about the absence of
new posts after complaining about conversational messages that he
considered to be off-topic, but that did keep communication going.

David

You seem to be the king in the complaint department. As for the OT messages,
I thought this was a food NG. If we can't manage to limit our discussions
to Mexican cooking we might be better served by posting to another NG. Now
to get your day kick started:

Breakfast Potato Burrito

2 potatoes-peeled-and diced small
1 onion-diced
good shake black pepper and garlic salt
Habanero Pepper Sauce
Chunky Salsa

Fry the potatoes and onions till potatoes brown.
Add pepper and garlic salt

Spread Habanero Pepper Sauce onto a big flour tortilla and add a big
spoonful of potatoes, onions and a good scoop of salsa-listed below.
Tuck one side of the tortilla over the mixture and then fold both ends over
and roll to seal the mixture in.

Habanero Pepper Sauce

12 Habanero chiles, stems removed, chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB vegetable oil
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/2 c distilled vinegar
1/4 c lime juice

Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
Add carrots with a small amount of water.
Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are soft.
Place mixture in blender with chiles, and puree until smooth.
Combine puree with vinegar and lime juice; simmer 5 minutes to combine
flavors.
Put mixture into sterilized bottles and seal.
Heat Scale: 9
Yield: 2 cups

David Wright

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:47:45 -0500, "Old Magic1"
> wrote:

>You seem to be the king in the complaint department.

You may be right, OM1, but I have another opinion. I would prefer to
limit my posts about recipes to those I've made recently.

For example, I could post a recipe for cochinita pibil, but I'd rather
hold off until my nearest Hispanic and/or Asian stores get another
shipment of banana leaves.

When I do post about it, I'll include information about how it worked
for me when I cooked it, and whose recipe I used.

>As for the OT messages,
>I thought this was a food NG. If we can't manage to limit our discussions
>to Mexican cooking we might be better served by posting to another NG.

I don't see anyone else complaining about the discussions. Would you
be served better by starting your own, moderated, newsgroup?

David
David Wright

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:47:45 -0500, "Old Magic1"
> wrote:

>You seem to be the king in the complaint department.

You may be right, OM1, but I have another opinion. I would prefer to
limit my posts about recipes to those I've made recently.

For example, I could post a recipe for cochinita pibil, but I'd rather
hold off until my nearest Hispanic and/or Asian stores get another
shipment of banana leaves.

When I do post about it, I'll include information about how it worked
for me when I cooked it, and whose recipe I used.

>As for the OT messages,
>I thought this was a food NG. If we can't manage to limit our discussions
>to Mexican cooking we might be better served by posting to another NG.

I don't see anyone else complaining about the discussions. Would you
be served better by starting your own, moderated, newsgroup?

David

8 MESSAGES Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 19-06-2016 02:23 PM
O.T. Filter Messages Dan Wenz Baking 0 10-04-2009 05:04 PM
Getting Messages [email protected] Recipes 3 15-06-2005 07:21 AM
Any Messages For Me? Jack Schidt® General Cooking 19 10-03-2004 01:20 PM