todesengel

Default Mole

I just tasted mole for the first time the other day. It was Rogelio Bueno
brand I think. I remember having read about it being an acquired taste,
something Mexican grandmas make that grandkids are expected to eat out of
courtesy, but not necessarily the greatest tasting thing in the world.
Anyway, it certainly was different - not bad, but not something I would
ever crave. Still, it reminded me of something the Aztecs might have
eaten, the combination of chocolate and chile, but I'm not sure when they
decided to add sesame seeds.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my achiote, and I doubt
I'll ever use mole. There also was another similar concoction from the
same companies that make mole, adobo, that I might try. But then there
was also something else made from pumpkin seeds that I think I'll avoid.

"La cosa maravillosa acerca de la cocina de mexicano es eso hay solo
cinco ingredientes en el país entero. ¡Usted acaba del todo de mover
alrededor de y lo llama algo más!"
-- Laura Bush

krusty kritter

todesengel wrote:
> "La cosa maravillosa acerca de la cocina de mexicano es eso
> hay solo cinco ingredientes en el pa=EDs entero. =A1Usted acaba
> del todo de mover alrededor de y lo llama algo m=E1s!"
> -- Laura Bush

Como se dice "troll" en espanol, agitador?

Rolly

I like "pendejo" or "burro"

Rolly

I like "pendejo" or "burro"

Dimitri

"todesengel" > wrote in message
.net...
>I just tasted mole for the first time the other day. It was Rogelio Bueno
> brand I think. I remember having read about it being an acquired taste,
> something Mexican grandmas make that grandkids are expected to eat out of
> courtesy, but not necessarily the greatest tasting thing in the world.
> Anyway, it certainly was different - not bad, but not something I would
> ever crave. Still, it reminded me of something the Aztecs might have
> eaten, the combination of chocolate and chile, but I'm not sure when they
> decided to add sesame seeds.

Snipped from:

http://www.restmex.com/recipes/0405.shtml

There are several legends about mole poblano's origin that characterize the
sauce as a culinary symbol of Mexico's mestizaje - the racial mixing of the
indigenous people and the Europeans. The most widely accepted has Sor Andrea
de la Asuncion, of the Convent of Santa Rosa in Puebla, creating it for the
archbishop's visit, sometime during the 1680s. Another version involves Fray
Pascual, who supposedly knocked over a tray of spices into the cazuela in
which dinner was being prepared, accidentally coming up with a
mouth-watering creation.

Dimitri

David Wright

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:08:09 GMT, "todesengel" >
wrote:

>I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my achiote,

Not that I think you really want to know this, but you could google
for cochinita pibil.
David Wright

wrote:

>I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my achiote,

Not that I think you really want to know this, but you could google
for cochinita pibil.
David Wright

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:48:04 GMT, David Wright
> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:08:09 GMT, "todesengel" >
>wrote:
>
>>I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my achiote,

>Not that I think you really want to know this, but you could google
>for cochinita pibil.

I apologize, everyone. I just saw this creature's "address."

David
Peter Dy

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:48:04 GMT, David Wright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:08:09 GMT, "todesengel" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my achiote,

>>Not that I think you really want to know this, but you could google
>>for cochinita pibil.

> I apologize, everyone. I just saw this creature's "address."

And "Todesengel" means "angel of death"...

Peter

Mole vs Mole Sauce Pringles CheezUms General Cooking 19 09-02-2011 07:48 PM
Mole lrosen Mexican Cooking 2 26-03-2009 07:04 PM
MOLE~ No Name Mexican Cooking 2 11-11-2007 11:55 PM
Smackdown mole Koko General Cooking 1 07-03-2007 05:17 PM
POLLO EN MOLE VERDE (Chicken in Green Mole) terrymcintire Recipes 2 18-10-2004 02:55 AM