krusty kritter

Default Guacamole estilo Toluca (Tacos de plaza)

I learned something new from Babel Fishing this recipe. I had always
assumed that cilantro was a Mexican herb that gets overused and I am
wary of it because it's spicy. But it's not of Mesoamerican origin,
it's from the Mediterranean, the Mexicans use the leaf of the coriander
plant like spicy parsely...

I wonder if Mexican cooking ever uses the coriander seed? My experience
is too limited, having mostly eaten Sonoran style cooking in local
taquerias...

Using "gotas"? de limon to stop the greens from turning black is a good
trick I'd never heard of. Also, what does "escalfar" mean?

Chicharron makes a different guacamole that sounds interesting...

I don't think the recipe means to use those bubbly dust dry snack
chicharrons found in a cellophane package, it must be talking about the
fried fatbacked skin of a *recently* butchered pig, found in the meat
department of a store that has Mexican products...

Ingredientes:
(Para 8 personas)
6 aquacates pequenos y maduros
1 cebolla
1 jitomate de bola
1 manojo de cilantro
4 o 5 chiles serranos
chicharron de cerdo al gusto

Preparacion:
Lavar y desinfectar la verdura. Escalfar el jitomate, quitar las
semillas y el piel y picar en cuadritos de 1/2 pulgada. Picar
medianamente la cebolla y el cilantro. Cortar el aguacate en cuadros de
una pulgada y disponerlo en una cazuela extendida, agregar la verdura
picada con unas gotas de limon para que no se haga negro. Trocear el
chicharron encima al momento de servir. Se puede presentar en una
cazuela de barro.