Deniel

Default Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still there? luez'z maybe or luis's. Best mexican I ever tasted.

krusty kritter

Deniel wrote:

> Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still

there?

Luis' Mexican Food
1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871

Deniel

Yep, That's it.
May I order a #7 - Chicken Taco, Chili Relleno?
Thanks much.

>Deniel wrote:
>
>> Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still

>there?
>
>Luis' Mexican Food
>1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871

dug88

that is what i like

i do not really expect to get mama's family recipe
but what in a few paragraphs would you like to say about the chicken tacos?

thanx in advance
dug88

"Deniel" > wrote in message
> Yep, That's it.
> May I order a #7 - Chicken Taco, Chili Relleno?
> Thanks much.
>

>>Deniel wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still

>>there?
>>
>>Luis' Mexican Food
>>1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871

Deniel

Who me?

Well other than being able to eat your whole meal with a fork. And the
meal tasting like ambrosia, at least as I remember it,.
The chicken taco is on a flour tortilla, stuffed with a chicken
mixture that is just right to soak the tortilla, but not mush it. The
taste of the filling, the chicken, is well mixed to taste like chicken
and tomatoes, bring out the best in the flavor of both.
The hit of the meal is the chili relleno though.
It is the best relleno I have ever tasted.
The seeds are removed.
The chili is filled with tasty cheese, coated with a ?foamed? batter
and ?baked? to the texture just puffy enough to soak in the sauce.
The sauce is tasty enough to be eaten as a soup if you dared.
This is all joined with rice, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Last time I ate there the prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere
and the staff were wonderful. Still homey and with a ?soccer?
atmosphere. Only gripe the beer was kind of pricey and the tap beer
was kind of warm and flat.

>that is what i like
>
>i do not really expect to get mama's family recipe
>but what in a few paragraphs would you like to say about the chicken tacos?
>
>thanx in advance
>dug88
>
>"Deniel" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Yep, That's it.
>> May I order a #7 - Chicken Taco, Chili Relleno?
>> Thanks much.

>>>there?
>>>
>>>Luis' Mexican Food
>>>1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniel

Deniel wrote:

Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still
there?

Luis' Mexican Food
1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871

hey,luis's is gone for good-sad to say, since the passing of the name sake.Ah but yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, luis jr opened up a restaurant with the same great foods we were all missing.I believe it's on J & 6th street (buy the K street mall parking garage)call directory assistance, well that's the best i can do.

Last edited by christina : 01-08-2005 at 06:43 AM
G Henslee

christina wrote:

>>Deniel wrote:
>>
>>Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still
>>there?
>>
>>Luis' Mexican Food
>>1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871-
>>-
>>-

> hey,luis's is gone for good-sad to say, since the passing of the name
> sake.Ah but yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, luis jr
> opened up a restaurant with the same great foods we were all missing.I
> believe it's on J & 3rd street (buy the K street mall parking
> garage)call directory assistance, well that's the best i can do.

I remember eating there back in the 70's several times. We'd stop when
passing through on the way to Lake Tahoe. It was righteous food in them
days.
Deniel

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:40:16 +0000, christina
> wrote:

>Deniel Wrote:
>> Who me?
>>
>> Well other than being able to eat your whole meal with a fork. And the
>> meal tasting like ambrosia, at least as I remember it,.
>> The chicken taco is on a flour tortilla, stuffed with a chicken
>> mixture that is just right to soak the tortilla, but not mush it. The
>> taste of the filling, the chicken, is well mixed to taste like chicken
>> and tomatoes, bring out the best in the flavor of both.
>> The hit of the meal is the chili relleno though.
>> It is the best relleno I have ever tasted.
>> The seeds are removed.
>> The chili is filled with tasty cheese, coated with a ?foamed? batter
>> and ?baked? to the texture just puffy enough to soak in the sauce.
>> The sauce is tasty enough to be eaten as a soup if you dared.
>> This is all joined with rice, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes.
>> Last time I ate there the prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere
>> and the staff were wonderful. Still homey and with a ?soccer?
>> atmosphere. Only gripe the beer was kind of pricey and the tap beer
>> was kind of warm and flat.
>>
>> -
>> that is what i like
>>
>> i do not really expect to get mama's family recipe
>> but what in a few paragraphs would you like to say about the chicken
>> tacos?
>>
>> thanx in advance
>> dug88
>>
>> "Deniel" wrote in message
>> ...-
>> Yep, That's it.
>> May I order a #7 - Chicken Taco, Chili Relleno?
>> Thanks much.
>> -
>>
>> Deniel wrote:
>>
>> Anyone in Sacramento, Cal. know if louis's on alhambra is still
>> there?
>>
>> Luis' Mexican Food
>> 1218 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 916-453-9871-
>> -
>> -

>hey,luis's is gone for good-sad to say, since the passing of the name
>sake.Ah but yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, luis jr
>opened up a restaurant with the same great foods we were all missing.I
>believe it's on J & 3rd street (buy the K street mall parking
>garage)call directory assistance, well that's the best i can do.

Say it isn't so. Well all things must end.
Thanks for the tip on the new place. Will look it up when coming
through from Seattle.
That address is very close to the capital.
Maybe arnold will pass by and get hooked on some 'good' food.
At one time I worked at that city parking lot.
Darn if I didn't get my draft notice delivered there to me back in
those days.

Thanks again for the message.

Every day I cry for my country,
I see what others do not seem to see,
The best country in the world,
Not being appreciated by those who enjoy her greatness,
And daily squander that which was provided to them by those who gave
their all.
Not the material things,
But the ideals, The freedoms taken for granted, given up easily to
those who would lead them to the wrong vision.