Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default New Mayan/Aztec Style Font - Quetzal

On Saturday, July 8, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Dave Nalle wrote:
> Some have suggested that we do far too many fonts based in traditional
> European design, with a medieval or 19th century look, so occasionally we
> strike out in a radically different direction - hence our new Quetzal
> font.
>
> Quetzal is a titling font designed to look like mosaic letters in a Mayan
> or Aztec style. Yes, we know that Mayan was a pictographic language, and
> these aren't Mayan characters, but they're how the Mayans might have
> written Latin characters if they were incorporating them in a mosaic.
>
> Quetzal is a uniquely configurable font. It has several different tails
> which can be attached to the basic letter forms to create different
> relationships between adjacent characters. It also has a pre-configured
> character set on the upper-case. The free trial version has the basic
> character forms plus the upper case with pre-configured tails.
>
> To give Quetzal a try go to http://www.fontcraft.com and follow the links.
>
> Dave

> I write both as an individual and as a company representative
> Scriptorium Fonts & Art: http://fontcraft.com
> Oroborus Universal Roleplayin

rstu

Mayan food Julie Bove Diabetic 7 03-09-2010 10:30 PM
* The word "chocolate" is said to derive from the Mayan "xocoatl";cocoa from the Aztec werwiniskp Baking 0 02-04-2009 05:14 PM
Recipe for Aztec-style Hot Chocolate Drink [email protected] General Cooking 6 20-10-2006 07:41 PM
Mayan Mystery Cookies Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 04-01-2006 05:31 AM
Aztec Pudding luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 12-10-2003 02:33 PM