FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   New Mayan/Aztec Style Font - Quetzal (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/449978-re-new-mayan-aztec.html)

adfgfgafga 03-03-2020 03:30 AM

New Mayan/Aztec Style Font - Quetzal

On Saturday, July 8, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Dave Nalle wrote:
Some have suggested that we do far too many fonts based in traditional
European design, with a medieval or 19th century look, so occasionally we
strike out in a radically different direction - hence our new Quetzal
font.

Quetzal is a titling font designed to look like mosaic letters in a Mayan
or Aztec style. Yes, we know that Mayan was a pictographic language, and
these aren't Mayan characters, but they're how the Mayans might have
written Latin characters if they were incorporating them in a mosaic.

Quetzal is a uniquely configurable font. It has several different tails
which can be attached to the basic letter forms to create different
relationships between adjacent characters. It also has a pre-configured
character set on the upper-case. The free trial version has the basic
character forms plus the upper case with pre-configured tails.

To give Quetzal a try go to http://www.fontcraft.com and follow the links.

Dave

I write both as an individual and as a company representative
Scriptorium Fonts & Art: http://fontcraft.com
Oroborus Universal Roleplayin

rstu