FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   black beans (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/422342-black-beans.html)

fignewton 19-01-2013 06:27 PM

black beans

my black bean recipe took on an eiree blue color....the beans had been presoaked and cooked with spices. Tasted good but why the color?

Julie Bove[_2_] 21-01-2013 06:00 AM

black beans

"fignewton" > wrote in message

> my black bean recipe took on an eiree blue color....the beans had been
> presoaked and cooked with spices. Tasted good but why the color?

Dunno. Did they look normal to start with? To me they will sometimes look
a bit purple or really dark brown. Never actual black.

edwardfranklin 21-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fignewton (Post 1805216)
my black bean recipe took on an eiree blue color....the beans had been presoaked and cooked with spices. Tasted good but why the color?

Ohhh :D Its not an big issue my friend. :D Enjoy the tast :D