bodacious

Default chili-con-carne

I learned that in Texas they hold chili recipe competitions and a friend was
going to send me a prize-winning recipe, but it didn't arrive.
I wonder if anyone could let me have a really good, authentic recipe for con
carne, please.
Many thanks
Wess Greenleaf
ps. In English as I speak nothing but English and French.

Gareth Evans

Well, you might get a flood of people telling you that Chili Con Carne
isn't Mexican (which it ain't, it's a Texas thing!) but for the most
authentic stuff, go he
http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/...lbertchili.htm

This is Frank X Tolbert's original Chili recipe, and one I have used many
times myself.
Tolbert was the founder of the original Terlingua Chili Cook Off, which
carries on to this day.

I'm stuck in the UK, always looking for a Chili Cook Off to take part in
(and I aim to WIN!) but there just don't seem to be any over here!!!

If there are any (Real Texas) Chili afficionados based in the UK who want to
get a national cook off going, PLEASE get in touch! (OT, but Same applies
to BBQer's of the brisket, butt and ribs variety...Please tell me I don't
have the only functioning offset smoker in the country!!!!)

"bodacious" > wrote in message
> I learned that in Texas they hold chili recipe competitions and a friend

was
> going to send me a prize-winning recipe, but it didn't arrive.
> I wonder if anyone could let me have a really good, authentic recipe for

con
> carne, please.
> Many thanks
> Wess Greenleaf
> ps. In English as I speak nothing but English and French.

Grizzman

just dont put beans in it!

"bodacious" > wrote in message
> I learned that in Texas they hold chili recipe competitions and a friend

was
> going to send me a prize-winning recipe, but it didn't arrive.
> I wonder if anyone could let me have a really good, authentic recipe for

con
> carne, please.
> Many thanks
> Wess Greenleaf
> ps. In English as I speak nothing but English and French.

Grizzman

As a winner of a few chile cook offs in Texas when i was a kid i will share
my formula/recipe with you.....tomorrow. i have to sleep now cuz i work at
night.

"bodacious" > wrote in message
> I learned that in Texas they hold chili recipe competitions and a friend

was
> going to send me a prize-winning recipe, but it didn't arrive.
> I wonder if anyone could let me have a really good, authentic recipe for

con
> carne, please.
> Many thanks
> Wess Greenleaf
> ps. In English as I speak nothing but English and French.

Ida Slapter

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:06:21 -0900, "Grizzman" >
wrote:

>just dont put beans in it!

Isn't it just wonderful that we STILL have a choice?

Chili sin carne con Fontignac Opinicus[_3_] General Cooking 3 07-02-2016 10:59 PM
Chunky chili con carne meh Recipes 1 18-11-2013 02:32 AM
Chili con carne Foodheaven General Cooking 8 16-08-2013 03:02 AM
Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM
Crockpot Chili Con Carne Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2005 02:33 AM