FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   chilaquiles (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/403760-re-chilaquiles.html)

schwarze 30-12-2010 07:45 PM

chilaquiles

On Dec 27, 7:10*am, sf wrote:

Goofs. Chilaquiles are *super tasty*... might just have some for dinner
tonight!

Got a recipe to share?

No big deal.

Xilaquiles are just stale tortillas that have been fried in oil and
smothered with red or green chile sauce and maybe some sour cream.

IOW, they are like nachos without the cheese.

If you take more than 10 minutes to make xilaquiles you're missing the
whole point of antojitos as Mexican snack food.

sf[_9_] 31-12-2010 08:36 PM

chilaquiles

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:45:35 -0800 (PST), schwarze
wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:10*am, sf wrote:

Goofs. Chilaquiles are *super tasty*... might just have some for dinner
tonight!

Got a recipe to share?

No big deal.

Xilaquiles are just stale tortillas that have been fried in oil and
smothered with red or green chile sauce and maybe some sour cream.

IOW, they are like nachos without the cheese.

If you take more than 10 minutes to make xilaquiles you're missing the
whole point of antojitos as Mexican snack food.

Thanks. Can say I've ever seen one, much less eaten one. :)

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

beenpandy 12-02-2011 10:28 AM

MissJane 18-07-2011 04:55 AM

I think it's very interesting,thanks for sharing!