krusty kritter

Default Nuclear Pozole for about three dollars, serves four people

I bought a large can of white hominy and a can of red chile sauce about two
months ago at the 99-cents only store, and a pound of pork stew meat for a buck
at Food4Less...

I finally got around to assembling my collection of canned white hominy, canned
red chile sauce, and pork stew meat into my own version of pozole today...

I took 1 pound of pork stew meat, and a 28-ounce can of Juanita's red chile
sauce
and shook up the can and poured half of it into a microwave-safe covered dish
and reserved the other half for the next time I make Nuclear Pozole...

I added the pork and nuked the dish for 15 minutes on medium setting, and left
it sit for 15 minutes, then I repeated the process three more times...

I wanted to get the pork well-cooked and tender, without overcooking the
hominy...

I added all of a 40-ounce can of Teasdale's Mexican-style white hominy,
including all of the liquid in the can, and nuked the dish again on medium for
15 minutes, and left it sit for 15 minutes and nuked it again for 15 minutes...

The results were exactly what I wanted, well-done pork with just enough heat in
the red chile sauce so I knew I was eating Mexican-style food, and the hominy
was done, but still had a crunch to it...

I garnished the Nuclear Pozole with chopped onion, oregano and some lime
juice...

This particular recipe makes a very hearty pozole, which can be eaten with a
fork, it's not soupy...

# * 0 * #
^