Auntie Em

Default Another pozole question

Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
especially worried about pozole.

Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
hominy corn in particular?

No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
limited.

THanks

Em
Be careful what you wish for....
Mitch

What part of Missouri
Ther are many places to buy there
Mitch

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:50:52 -0500, Auntie Em >
wrote:

>Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
>concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
>especially worried about pozole.
>
>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
>hominy corn in particular?
>
>No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
>limited.
>
>THanks
>
>Em
>Be careful what you wish for....

krusty kritter

>From: Auntie Em

>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the hominy

corn in particular?

www.mexgrocer.com has the hominy in cans...

# * 0 * #
^

krusty kritter

>From: Auntie Em

>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the hominy

corn in particular?

www.mexgrocer.com has the hominy in cans...

# * 0 * #
^

David Wright

wrote:

>Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
>concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
>especially worried about pozole.
>
>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
>hominy corn in particular?
>
>No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
>limited.
>
>THanks
>
>Em
>Be careful what you wish for....

Em,

Bueno has posole at their web site,
http://www.buenofoods.com/index.htm
Click on "Bueno Store" and then "Traditional."

It isn't cheap, but when you have a need for posole (I made some
yesterday) it's good to know you can find some when you're out of
reach of the SW.

David

David Wright

wrote:

>Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
>concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
>especially worried about pozole.
>
>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
>hominy corn in particular?
>
>No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
>limited.
>
>THanks
>
>Em
>Be careful what you wish for....

Em,

Bueno has posole at their web site,
http://www.buenofoods.com/index.htm
Click on "Bueno Store" and then "Traditional."

It isn't cheap, but when you have a need for posole (I made some
yesterday) it's good to know you can find some when you're out of
reach of the SW.

David

David Wright

wrote:

>Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
>concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
>especially worried about pozole.
>
>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
>hominy corn in particular?
>
>No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
>limited.
>
>THanks
>
>Em
>Be careful what you wish for....

Em,

Bueno has posole at their web site,
http://www.buenofoods.com/index.htm
Click on "Bueno Store" and then "Traditional."

It isn't cheap, but when you have a need for posole (I made some
yesterday) it's good to know you can find some when you're out of
reach of the SW.

David

David Wright

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:58:54 GMT, David Wright
> wrote:

>Bueno has posole at their web site,
>http://www.buenofoods.com/index.htm
>Click on "Bueno Store" and then "Traditional."
>
>It isn't cheap, but when you have a need for posole (I made some
>yesterday) it's good to know you can find some when you're out of
>reach of the SW.
>
>David

P.S. As Mitch wrote, it is available in Missouri:
http://www.redcorn.com/hominy_products.asp

Or, you could make your own:
http://www.zarela.com/new_recipes/nixtamal.html

David
Rolly

You can buy cans of hominy in any grocery store. It is not a "Mexican" item.
Rolly

You can buy cans of hominy in any grocery store. It is not a "Mexican" item.

Rolly

You can buy cans of hominy in any grocery store. It is not a "Mexican" item.
Charles Gifford

"Auntie Em" > wrote in message
> Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
> concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
> especially worried about pozole.
>
> Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
> hominy corn in particular?
>
> No, I can't take a supply back with me, unfortunately, space is
> limited.
>
> THanks
>
> Em
> Be careful what you wish for....

You don't want hominy. You want pozole. They are similar but are treated
differently and the taste is not the same (though close). I can't believe
that pozole isn't available in Missouri! Hominy certainly is. Anyway, there
are lots of on-line sources.

Charlie

Auntie Em

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:37:05 GMT, Mitch > wrote:

>What part of Missouri
>Ther are many places to buy there
>Mitch

Branson.

I know there is a Mexican Grocery in Springfield, but I don't get up
there very often. There is also something in Arkansas (Berryville?)
but that is not terribly convenient either. In both cases, it's
around 40 miles each way.

Em
Be careful what you wish for....

Auntie Em

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:37:05 GMT, Mitch > wrote:

>What part of Missouri
>Ther are many places to buy there
>Mitch

Branson.

I know there is a Mexican Grocery in Springfield, but I don't get up
there very often. There is also something in Arkansas (Berryville?)
but that is not terribly convenient either. In both cases, it's
around 40 miles each way.

Em
Be careful what you wish for....
Mitch

Well you are right about that part of the state
not many places for mexican food there
Sorry not much help
Mitch

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:21:14 -0500, Auntie Em >
wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:37:05 GMT, Mitch > wrote:
>
>>What part of Missouri
>>Ther are many places to buy there
>>Mitch

>Branson.
>
>I know there is a Mexican Grocery in Springfield, but I don't get up
>there very often. There is also something in Arkansas (Berryville?)
>but that is not terribly convenient either. In both cases, it's
>around 40 miles each way.
>
>Em
>Be careful what you wish for....

Frogleg

wrote:

>Soon we will be leaving Colorado to go back home to Missouri and I am
>concerned because I cannot buy any mexican food supplies there. I am
>especially worried about pozole.
>
>Do any of you know an on-line source to purchase the ingredients the
>hominy corn in particular?

Have you looked for canned hominy in the regular ol' canned veg
section? It's fairly universal and used in southern cooking, too.
Chef R. W. Miller

http://www.mexgrocer.com/mex-grocer/brand-juanita-s.html?engine=adwords!856&keyword=%28pozole%29