Fred

Default Mexican ingredients in Australia

Does anyone know where I can buy Mexican ingredients in Australia? I'm
particularly looking for a mail order type business where I can get dried
chillies and canned tomatillos.

Thanks
Fred

maiggy

Fred,
Attached you will find a list of suppliers, grocery stores and the like that
will ship. Some have websites. As a Hispanic girl from Texas, I am biased
on a lot of the "Southwest" junk that is being sold as Mexican food. I
myself like some of it, but I stand by mother's and grandmother's
traditional recipes. Sorry for being long winded. If you're ever in the
need of a good recipe, let me know. I hope the attached list is helpful,
keep in mind that the longer shipping time from Mexico to northern US states
may not result in a fresh product. Some of the suppliers are also local
farmers in their area and those are good to order from, however, the cost
may be a little higher as they will be small businesses, but you'll get a
fresh product. Mucho gusto y buena suerte from San Antonio, Tejas!

Vero

Blazing Chile Bros.
1-800-473-9040

Bueno Foods
2001 Fourth Street, S.W.
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505) 243-2722

Calido Chile Traders
Danbury Fair Mall
Danbury, CT

Caribbean Spice Company
2 S. Church Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
1-800-990-6088

Casa Lucas Market
2934 Twenty-Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 826-4334

Casados Farms
P.O. Box1269
San Juan Pueblo, NM 87566
(505) 852-2433

Central Market
4001 N. Lamar
Austin, TX 78756
1-512-306-1000
http://www.heb.com
*They are part of a local grocery food chain that started in Texas and are
now in the northern regions and provinces of Mexico. They will be a lot
cheaper than many of the others on this list because they are local with
many locations throughout Texas and Mexico and of course get ingredients
directly from Mexico at ¼ the cost than many of the specialty shops on this
list, also, because of less shipping time, you get a better and fresher
product. Check out their website.

Chile Hill Emporium
328 San Felipe NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
1-505-242-7538

Chili Patch, USA
204 San Felipe N.W.
Albuquerque, NM 87501
1-800-458-0646
1-505-242-4454

Chile Pepper Magazine
P.O. Box 80780
Albuquerque, NM 87198
1-800-359-1483
www.chilepeppermag.com

Chile Pepper Mania
1709-F Airline Highway,
PO Box 232
Hollister, CA 95023
1-408-636-8259

Chile Today-Hot Tamale
919 Highway 33, Suite 47
Freehold, NJ 07728
1-800-468-7377
1-908-308-1151
emall.com/chile/Chile1.html

Colorado Spice Company
5030 Nome St., Unit A
Denver, CO 80239
1-303-373-0141

Coyote Cocina
1364 Rufina Circle, #1
Santa Fe, NM 87501
1-800-866-HOWL

Dean and DeLuca
Mail Order Department
560 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
1-212-431-1691
www.dean-deluca.com

Don Alfonso Foods
PO Box 201988
Austin, TX 78720
1-800-456-6100

Enchanted Seeds
PO Box 6087
Las Cruces, NM 88006
1-505-233-3033

Flamingo Flats
PO Box 441
St. Michael's, MD 21663
1-800-421-9477

Frieda's, Inc.
PO Box 584888
Los Angeles, CA 90058
1-800-421-9477

GMB Specialty Foods, Inc.
PO Box 962
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92693-0962
1-714-240-3053

Hot Sauce Club of America
PO Box 687
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 34635-0687
1-800-SAUCE-2-U

Hot Sauce Harry's
The Dallas Farmer's Market
3422 Flair Dr.
Dallas, TX 75229
1-214-902-8552

Hot-Hot-Hot
56 South Delacey Ave.
Old Town Pasadena, CA
1-800-959-7742
1-818-564-1090
Fax: 1-818-564-1091
www.bioweb.com/g/p/hot

Josie's
1130 Agua Fria
Santa Fe, NM 87501
(505) 983-6520

La Palma Market
2884 Twenty-Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 647-1500

Las Americas Grocery
235 West Valley Ave
Homewood, AL
(205) 945-1639

Los Chileros De Neuvo Mexico
P.O. Box 6215
Santa Fe, NM 87501
(505) 471-6967

Melissa's World Variety Produce
PO Box 21127
Los Angeles, CA 90021
1-800-468-7111

Mercado Latino
148-C Common Drive
El Paso, TX 79901
(915) 595-3195

Mi Rancho Market
464 Seventh Street
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 451-2393

Mo Hotta, Mo Betta
PO Box 4136
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403
1-800-462-3220

Old Southwest Trading Company
PO Box 7545
Albuquerque, NM 87194
1-505-836-0168

Panchito's at the Market
Mexican Grocer and Restaurant
Historic North Market
59 Spruce Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614) 221-6394

Pendery's
304 E. Belknap
Fort Worth, TX 76102
1-800-533-1870

Pepper Gal
PO Box 23006
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33307
1-305-537-5540

Pepper Joe's, Inc.
7 Tyburn Court
Timonium, MD 21093
1-410-561-8158

Santa Fe School of Cooking
116 W. San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
1-505-983-4511
www.intac.com/~avalon/SANTAFE1.HTML

Shepherd Garden Seeds
6116 Highway 9
Felton, CA 95018
1-408-335-6910

South Side Pepper Co.
320 N. Walnut St.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

The Chile Shop
109 East Water Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
(505) 983-6080

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can buy Mexican ingredients in Australia? I'm
> particularly looking for a mail order type business where I can get dried
> chillies and canned tomatillos.
>
> Thanks
> Fred

maiggy

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can buy Mexican ingredients in Australia? I'm
> particularly looking for a mail order type business where I can get dried
> chillies and canned tomatillos.
>
> Thanks
> Fred

Charles Gifford

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can buy Mexican ingredients in Australia? I'm
> particularly looking for a mail order type business where I can get dried
> chillies and canned tomatillos.
>
> Thanks
> Fred

Try posting this on news:rec.food.cooking as there are quite a few
Australians who post there. Mexican ingredients have been mentioned as
available.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can buy Mexican ingredients in Australia? I'm
> particularly looking for a mail order type business where I can get dried
> chillies and canned tomatillos.
>
> Thanks
> Fred

Try posting this on news:rec.food.cooking as there are quite a few
Australians who post there. Mexican ingredients have been mentioned as
available.

Charlie

Some ingredients needed for Mexican food Wayne Lundberg Mexican Cooking 10 12-03-2007 09:30 PM
Finding Mexican ingredients for the Chilaquiles Gunner Mexican Cooking 0 14-12-2006 04:32 AM
[FAQ] 3s. Australia? Mark Lipton Wine 0 19-10-2006 05:18 AM
Mexican Meat-zza: Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 05-10-2005 12:14 AM
Australia YabbaDabbaDo Tea 9 04-03-2004 02:45 PM