Jos? Mar?a Aznar

> wrote in message >.. .
> In article >,
> says...
> > IB (who really ought to think of another handle)
> >

> Yeah, I was going to ask about that, but ...
>
> Bob

OK, it's done.

I learned the hard way you should never put your real e-mail address
in a newsgroup posting, unless you are inordinately interested in
improving the size and rigidity of a certain body part, observing zoo
sex, paying off your mortgage and debts, and assisting former
officials of the Nigerian government. So I made a throwaway email
account and picked a name at random

http://arago4.tn.utwente.nl/stonedea.../scene-13.html

but it was time for a new one.

On the subject of tortillas, I made my previous recipe last night (2
cups flour, 3/4 cup milk, 1-2 tbsp oil, a bit of salt and yeast), and
IMO this is much lighter and tastier than the ones I was trying to
make with loads of lard. The larded ones were very heavy on the
stomach, in addition to being just plain greasy-- of course, I could
have been doing something wrong, too. But pretty soon the press will
be treated with Teflon, so I should be able to make the lighter
tortillas without them sticking.

IB-- er, make that JMA
Jos? Mar?a Aznar

> wrote in message >.. .
> In article >,
> says...
> > IB (who really ought to think of another handle)
> >

> Yeah, I was going to ask about that, but ...
>
> Bob

OK, it's done.

I learned the hard way you should never put your real e-mail address
in a newsgroup posting, unless you are inordinately interested in
improving the size and rigidity of a certain body part, observing zoo
sex, paying off your mortgage and debts, and assisting former
officials of the Nigerian government. So I made a throwaway email
account and picked a name at random

http://arago4.tn.utwente.nl/stonedea.../scene-13.html

but it was time for a new one.

On the subject of tortillas, I made my previous recipe last night (2
cups flour, 3/4 cup milk, 1-2 tbsp oil, a bit of salt and yeast), and
IMO this is much lighter and tastier than the ones I was trying to
make with loads of lard. The larded ones were very heavy on the
stomach, in addition to being just plain greasy-- of course, I could
have been doing something wrong, too. But pretty soon the press will
be treated with Teflon, so I should be able to make the lighter
tortillas without them sticking.

IB-- er, make that JMA
Jos? Mar?a Aznar

> wrote in message >.. .
> Sounds like you're going about things in the right way. Aside from the
> "threat" of McD that kind of looms over any small fast food business
> anywhere in the world, your more immediate concern is probably much more
> local. When your concept takes off, it's a virtual given that the
> competition will copy it. Any "intellectual property" protection you
> can get for yourself up front is just plain smart business.

Well, whaddya know... a friend of mine bought me a Brazilian gossip
magazine this week featuring this company: http://www.wraps.com.br/,
apparently a very well-financed operation that has opened five units
in the past year and a half around São Paulo. They're now expanding to
Rio de Janeiro, Brasília, and Belo Horizonte-- northward, instead of
down here. They've even copyrighted the word "wraps". But they charge
about three times what I'll be charging, probably due to their food
court locations. I hate food courts and will probably never open in
one-- they're so plastic and overpriced. Well, there are a lot more
people in SP with the spending power to drop R$25 on lunch; here
people could barely pay half that, because the only local industry is
tourism. There are three new malls being built here, and it wouldn't
surprise me to see a Wraps(R!) open in one or two of them, but that
won't have much to do with my downtown operation.

JMA
Jos? Mar?a Aznar

> wrote in message >.. .
> Sounds like you're going about things in the right way. Aside from the
> "threat" of McD that kind of looms over any small fast food business
> anywhere in the world, your more immediate concern is probably much more
> local. When your concept takes off, it's a virtual given that the
> competition will copy it. Any "intellectual property" protection you
> can get for yourself up front is just plain smart business.

Well, whaddya know... a friend of mine bought me a Brazilian gossip
magazine this week featuring this company: http://www.wraps.com.br/,
apparently a very well-financed operation that has opened five units
in the past year and a half around São Paulo. They're now expanding to
Rio de Janeiro, Brasília, and Belo Horizonte-- northward, instead of
down here. They've even copyrighted the word "wraps". But they charge
about three times what I'll be charging, probably due to their food
court locations. I hate food courts and will probably never open in
one-- they're so plastic and overpriced. Well, there are a lot more
people in SP with the spending power to drop R$25 on lunch; here
people could barely pay half that, because the only local industry is
tourism. There are three new malls being built here, and it wouldn't
surprise me to see a Wraps(R!) open in one or two of them, but that
won't have much to do with my downtown operation.

JMA

In article >, =20
says...
> > wrote in message =

s.com>...
> > Sounds like you're going about things in the right way. Aside from the=

=20
> > "threat" of McD that kind of looms over any small fast food business=20
> > anywhere in the world, your more immediate concern is probably much mor=

e=20
> > local. When your concept takes off, it's a virtual given that the=20
> > competition will copy it. Any "intellectual property" protection you=

=20
> > can get for yourself up front is just plain smart business.

>=20
> Well, whaddya know... a friend of mine bought me a Brazilian gossip
> magazine this week featuring this company:
http://www.wraps.com.br/,
> apparently a very well-financed operation that has opened five units
> in the past year and a half around S=E3o Paulo. They're now expanding to
> Rio de Janeiro, Bras=EDlia, and Belo Horizonte-- northward, instead of
> down here. They've even copyrighted the word "wraps". But they charge
> about three times what I'll be charging, probably due to their food
> court locations. I hate food courts and will probably never open in
> one-- they're so plastic and overpriced. Well, there are a lot more
> people in SP with the spending power to drop R$25 on lunch; here
> people could barely pay half that, because the only local industry is
> tourism. There are three new malls being built here, and it wouldn't
> surprise me to see a Wraps(R!) open in one or two of them, but that
> won't have much to do with my downtown operation.
>=20
> JMA
>=20

Word for the day from that web site: