FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Adobada Rotisserie? (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/30078-adobada-rotisserie.html)

John Struzik 02-08-2004 10:07 PM

Adobada Rotisserie?

Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
Thanks very much for your help.
John from San Diego

t gilb 02-08-2004 11:57 PM

Adobada Rotisserie?

"John Struzik" > wrote in message
. 44...
| Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
| pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
| Thanks very much for your help.
| John from San Diego

This it?
http://www.amer-rest-equip.com/autod...autodoner.html

Thurman 03-08-2004 03:57 AM

Adobada Rotisserie?

John Struzik wrote:

> Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
> pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?

My son wanted to serve Tacos al Pastor that uses a vertical cooker. I
found them at a Texas wholesale restaurant supply by telling them I
was looking for a gyro cooker. You'll find options of gas or electric,
etc.

The market is limited. Apparently the major supplier of gyro meat
provides the cooker at a discount if you buy the meat from them. That
discourages the wholesalers from carrying the line.

Thurman 03-08-2004 03:57 AM

Adobada Rotisserie?

John Struzik 03-08-2004 03:56 PM

Adobada Rotisserie? Thanks for the info!

"t gilb" > wrote in
link.net:

> "John Struzik" > wrote in message
> . 44...
>| Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to
>| cook pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
>| Thanks very much for your help.
>| John from San Diego
>
> This it?
> http://www.amer-rest-equip.com/autod...autodoner.html
>
> Yes, this is close enough.

Thanks very much for your response.

John from San Diego

David Goldstein 12-08-2004 04:02 PM

Adobada Rotisserie?

John Struzik wrote:
> Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
> pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
> Thanks very much for your help.

John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
this would be a great use for it :-)

> John from San Diego

David

David Goldstein 12-08-2004 04:02 PM

John Struzik wrote:
> Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
> pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
> Thanks very much for your help.

John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
this would be a great use for it :-)

> John from San Diego

David

David Goldstein 12-08-2004 04:02 PM

John Struzik wrote:
> Can anyone give meany info on the vertical rotisserie cooker used to cook
> pork adobada. What's it called? Know where to get one?
> Thanks very much for your help.

John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
this would be a great use for it :-)

> John from San Diego

David

Thurman 18-08-2004 08:54 PM

David Goldstein wrote:

> John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
> grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
> greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
> this would be a great use for it :-)

Since you have a vertical rotisserie, peruse this:

http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

Thurman 18-08-2004 08:54 PM

David Goldstein 30-08-2004 11:01 AM

Thurman wrote:
> David Goldstein wrote:
>
>> John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
>> grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
>> greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
>> this would be a great use for it :-)

> Since you have a vertical rotisserie, peruse this:
>
> http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

Thanks very much, Thurman :-)

David

John Droge 31-08-2004 02:09 AM

"David Goldstein" > wrote in message
> Thurman wrote:
> > David Goldstein wrote:
> >
> >> John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an american
> >> grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant from a
> >> greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a storage room and
> >> this would be a great use for it :-)

> > Since you have a vertical rotisserie, peruse this:
> >
> > http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

> Thanks very much, Thurman :-)
>
> David
>
>David

Why not make gyros too? or is that too common in Germany today?
John

John Droge 31-08-2004 02:09 AM

David Goldstein 31-08-2004 02:36 PM

John Droge wrote:

<snipped>

>>David

> Why not make gyros too? or is that too common in Germany today?

There are many fine greek restaurants here, in germany :-) Plus, I do
not to stray too far away from an "american" kitchen--which I do not
limit to the US of A :-)

> John

David

John From San Diego 01-09-2004 10:23 PM

The way I understand it,everyone (vendors) has their own unique recipe
for Adobada, or Al Pastor. In fact everywhere I've tried it in San Diego
or TJ,it's been a little different. I like it best at Tacos El Gordo in
El Cajon (San Diego East County).
Try this page for a recipe; it will at least give you a good start on
your own version.

http://www.recipesource.com/side-dis.../achiote1.html

I think this page was posted previously:
http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

Finally, I'm not sure if Adobada is here but this is a very cool site
for taco stand" food:

http://web.archive.org/web/199807050....sjsu.edu/Comp
/taqueria.html#evolution

John From San Diego 01-09-2004 10:23 PM