Old 01-09-2004, 10:23 PM
John From San Diego

The way I understand it,everyone (vendors) has their own unique recipe
for Adobada, or Al Pastor. In fact everywhere I've tried it in San Diego
or TJ,it's been a little different. I like it best at Tacos El Gordo in
El Cajon (San Diego East County).
Try this page for a recipe; it will at least give you a good start on
your own version.

http://www.recipesource.com/side-dis.../achiote1.html

I think this page was posted previously:
http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

Finally, I'm not sure if Adobada is here but this is a very cool site
for taco stand" food:

http://web.archive.org/web/199807050....sjsu.edu/Comp
/taqueria.html#evolution

David Goldstein wrote:

John, do you happen to have a recipe for this? I have an
american
grill restaurant here in Germany and I took over the restaurant
from a greek man. I have the rotisserie grill sitting in a
storage room and this would be a great use for it :-)

Since you have a vertical rotisserie, peruse this:

http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

Thanks very much, Thurman :-)

David

David

Why not make gyros too? or is that too common in Germany today?
John