Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Bohemia Beer

Several years ago there was a discussion in this group about a certain
Mexican beer called Bohemia. I finally found it and you were all so
right. It is really a wonderful beer. Thanks to all of you who made
the recommendation.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Several years ago there was a discussion in this group about a certain
> Mexican beer called Bohemia. I finally found it and you were all so
> right. It is really a wonderful beer. Thanks to all of you who made
> the recommendation.

I like negro modelo

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Thanks Mike. I will look for that one and give it a try.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Thanks Mike. I will look for that one and give it a try.

Mexican Restaurants are good places to sample different beers

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
+ + is offline

On Apr 9, 11:10�am, "Mike" > wrote:

> Mexican Restaurants are good places to sample different beers.

Bohemian and Belgian beers are said to be the highest achievement of
the brewer's art, but, what would I know? I grew up in a "dry"
household and never developed a taste for beer until just recently.

Finding a preference for one particular type of beer and brand can be
rather expensive, because one has to sample a lot of beers before they
know what they like or don't like.

For instance, I found a display of Sierra Nevada Seasonal Ale on sale
at the local supermarket and bought two six packs. That stuff is so
"hoppy" I almost can't stand it, but it's only 2/3rds of the way to
the maximum international standard in that respect.

Then I found some Guiness Draft on sale in the same store. Locals
don't seem to like the burnt malt bitterness of Guiness, but I bought
several six packs.

Country Club Malt Liquor sells for $1.39 for a 40-ounce bottle and I
can easily taste the alcohol. It reminds me of Chivas Regal Scotch
whiskey but costs far less to get the same buzz.

And one should consider that beer doesn't have to be imbibed straight
as it comed from the can, bottle, or barrel.

It can be mixed with citrus juice as in a shandy, tomato and clam
juice ala michelada, or even mixed with a favorite soft drink. Germans
are said to like beer mixed with Coca Cola...

I suggest that anyone who doesn't know what they like read some of the
following web pages:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_beer

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Yes Mike, I agree. Restaurants are a good way to try differt beers.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

These are some very interesting sites. Thanks I am not a big beer
drinker either, but I do enjoy trying different types.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
+ + is offline

On Apr 16, 3:40*pm, ripsaw > wrote:

> Strange to call it Bohemian.

Why? Mexico's best beer is brewed by Germans, and a lot of Germans
lived in Bohemia. That's why Germany annexed part of Czechoslovakia in
1937...
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"+" > wrote in message
On Apr 16, 3:40 pm, ripsaw > wrote:

> Strange to call it Bohemian.

Why? Mexico's best beer is brewed by Germans, and a lot of Germans
lived in Bohemia. That's why Germany annexed part of Czechoslovakia in
1937...

Really???? because of Mexican Beer? Wow, learn something new every day.