Old 19-03-2009, 03:01 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Torta bread

Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP account and so
here I sit on Google. I have been coming and going in this group since
back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Thank you
Brad

Old 19-03-2009, 05:00 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
? ? is offline

On Mar 19, 7:01´┐Żam, Sonoran Dude wrote:

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Say whut? You're the Terminally-Bored Dood that doesn't *like*
recipes, remember?

Old 19-03-2009, 05:59 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message
Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP account and so
here I sit on Google. I have been coming and going in this group since
back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Thank you
Brad

look up Pan Telera receita if you read Spanish
Or Telera recipe for English.

The form is an oval with 2 slits in the top to form 3 sections to the bread.

Dimitri

Old 20-03-2009, 01:35 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Sonoran Dude wrote in

..com:

Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP
account and so here I sit on Google. I have been coming and
going in this group since back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want
to make my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe
or link?

Thank you
Brad

Bolillos

http://www.recipezaar.com/Bolillos-61656
Old 20-03-2009, 02:39 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Bolillos

http://www.recipezaar.com/Bolillos-61656

Nice and simple. I'll start here.

Old 20-03-2009, 02:41 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 19, 9:59*am, "Dimitri" wrote:
"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message

Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP account and so
here I sit on Google. I have been coming and going in this group since
back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Thank you
Brad

look up Pan Telera receita *if you read Spanish
Or Telera recipe for English.

The form is an oval with 2 slits in the top to form 3 sections to the bread.

Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri,
This is where I will fine tune my technique since I don't use
recipes...
Old 20-03-2009, 04:08 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message

Bolillos

http://www.recipezaar.com/Bolillos-61656

Nice and simple. I'll start here.

Good to see you back Brad. Looks like your cheering section is back also

Old 20-03-2009, 05:18 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message
On Mar 19, 9:59 am, "Dimitri" wrote:
"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message

Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP account and so
here I sit on Google. I have been coming and going in this group since
back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Thank you
Brad

look up Pan Telera receita if you read Spanish
Or Telera recipe for English.

The form is an oval with 2 slits in the top to form 3 sections to the
bread.

Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri,
This is where I will fine tune my technique since I don't use
recipes...

Teleras are/were the traditional bread "soft crust" for the torta
compuesta - The Bollios I remember had a hard crust like a French baguette.
This point of reference is Mexico City - as with the US Mexican cuisine
varied greatly by region.

Dimitri

Old 20-03-2009, 05:29 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
? ? is offline

On Mar 20, 6:41*am, Sonoran Dude wrote:

This is where I will fine tune my technique since I don't use
recipes...

Wassup, Dood? Did you just get a 5-pound bag of flour in your USDA
commodities box this month, or what?

Teleras and bollilos are 4 for a dollar at the supermarket where I
shop...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Dimitri" wrote in message

"Sonoran Dude" wrote in message
Dudes! I'm back... it's been forever since I had an ISP account and so
here I sit on Google. I have been coming and going in this group since
back in the 90s.

My question for the group is for a simple bread recipe. I want to make
my own torta loafs does anyone have a favorite recipe or link?

Thank you
Brad

look up Pan Telera receita if you read Spanish
Or Telera recipe for English.

The form is an oval with 2 slits in the top to form 3 sections to the
bread.

Dimitri

I'm not Brad, but thanks for the Telera recipe tip. If I'm successful, I''l
come back and crow.
Emmy...sometime lurker
--
http://soonerblue.bloghi.com/

Old 24-07-2009, 06:11 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 03:59:14 -0500, "EmmyBlue"
wrote:

Emmy...sometime lurker

Welcome to rfc, Emmy! Hopefully we will see more of you.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Old 24-07-2009, 06:15 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 03:59:14 -0500, "EmmyBlue"
wrote:

Emmy...sometime lurker

Welcome to alt.food.mexican-cooking! Hope we see more of you.

Torta Steve Pope General Cooking 8 14-01-2009 12:29 AM
Torta di Carote CookiesFromItaly.com Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2007 04:32 AM
Torta di Carmelina CookiesFromItaly.com Recipes (moderated) 0 15-08-2007 12:34 AM
Torta di Mele CookiesFromItaly.com Recipes (moderated) 0 30-06-2005 05:00 AM