FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Northern México style barbacoa (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/167630-northern-m-xico-style.html)

Rolly 02-02-2009 10:46 PM

Northern México style barbacoa

+Barbacoa+ comes in many forms. Here's a northern México version.

http://rollybrook.com/ar-barbacoa.htm

~ 02-02-2009 11:03 PM

On Feb 2, 2:46*pm, Rolly > wrote:
> +Barbacoa+ comes in many forms. *Here's a northern México version.

What did she do with the maguey leaves afterwards? Did they contribute
*anything* at all to the flavor of the barbacoa, or are they just a
holdover from
the tradition of cooking barbacoa in an earth pit filled with hot
rocks?

Rolly 05-02-2009 10:34 PM

On Feb 2, 5:03*pm, "~" > wrote:

> What did she do with the maguey leaves afterwards? Did they contribute
> *anything* at all to the flavor of the barbacoa,

Yes, it adds to the flavor. She tossed the used maguey.

Wayne Lundberg 11-02-2009 04:49 PM

Northern México style barbacoa

Good show Rolly... I like lamb, typical of Texcoco, near the DF.

Spencer Haley 05-04-2009 11:51 PM

Northern México style barbacoa

I really enjoyed this link, particularly seeing the use of the century
plant leaves throughout the cooking process. For a related endeavor,
here's a similar recipe:

http://www.mexconnect.com/en/article...oking-mixiotes