Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Tamale question

It's that time of year again. Time to make tamales. While I have been
complimented on my tamales year after year, While the taste is excellent,
(my opionion only) sometimes they come out a little on the dry side,
sometimes not, but I always use the same recipe, beats me why they come out
different, question is, what would make them more moist would it be more
manteca, or less, more water, or less? Please help.
TIA
Mack
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Dec 15, 11:45�am, mack the knife > wrote:
> what would make them more moist would it be more
> manteca, or less, more water, or less? �Please help.

Try more water in the masa and maybe make the filling a little
moister, and soak the corn husks longer so they don't suck
moisture out of the masa.

If you add too much lard, it will sweat out of the tamale, making
it greasy

Tamale question George Leppla General Cooking 19 21-12-2009 01:47 AM
Tamale Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-06-2006 04:38 PM
Tamale Pie Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 06-05-2006 01:05 AM
California Tamale Pie 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 13-11-2004 08:45 PM
Tamale Pie pat Recipes (moderated) 0 21-08-2004 10:01 PM