Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Wheat pellet wheel snacks

Are these suppose to be deep fried and salted before eating? Thanks
in advance.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Dec 11, 5:20�pm, pamjd > wrote:
> Are these suppose to be deep fried and salted before eating? � Thanks
> in advance.

They are called "duritos". I see them in bulk in the Mexican foods
section of the supermarket. They can be fried into a sort of
chicharon.

http://www.mexgrocer.com/9830.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Dec 11, 5:20�pm, pamjd > wrote:
> Are these suppose to be deep fried and salted before eating? � Thanks
> in advance.

Duros (also known as pasta para duros, duritos, durros, pasta para
durito, Mexican wagon wheels or pin wheels) are a popular Mexican
crunchy snack made of puffed wheat.

Where to buy: Duros are usually sold by street vendors in Mexican
American neighborhoods, parks and after Mass at some Spanish speaking
Catholic churches. Duros can also be purchased in their uncooked pasta-
like form at many Mexican grocery stores.

Serving Convention
Duros can deep fried or microwaved and are round. They are usually
served in a plastic bag and topped with salsa and chili lime salt
mixed in soda water.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duros_(food)"

Pellet BBQ Grill [email protected] General Cooking 0 22-02-2014 05:51 PM
Pellet BBQ Grill Big Trig Barbecue 0 22-01-2014 01:04 AM
Pellet BBQ Grill DreadfulBitch Barbecue 1 18-01-2014 12:06 AM
Pellet Smokers Joseph Rizzo Barbecue 9 30-06-2004 03:03 PM