Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Put lard in your beans

After years of searching for proven science that adding a bit of lard to
boiling beans will increase the body's ability to get the most nutrient
possible, while reducing flatulence, I have found it.

Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist in the early 1900's, discovered that
wholesome foods included meat, fats, butters, cheeses and lacto fermented
veggies were the principal reason for the growth of civilizations across the
world.

The decline in health, started when mankind decided that meats, et al, were
bad for you.

In Mexico we knew this lard/bean combo was good for you and we really never
suffered flatulence nor obesity. Until recently.

I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we, as
a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens to
others who don't use lard.

Comments?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 30, 2:08*pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we, as
> a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens to
> others who don't use lard.
>
> Comments?

I'm not entirely sure that lard is the reason. (I've also heard the
claim made that epazote will reduce flatulence.)

The trick more seems to be to eat beans regularly -- it allows you to
build up the intestinal flora needed to properly digest them. I know
from experience this is true for me. If I eat beans daily, no
problem. If I go without for a month, and then start again, big
problem. This is true whether the beans contain lard, epazote or
neither.

I'm not knocking lard, though.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> After years of searching for proven science that adding a bit of lard to
> boiling beans will increase the body's ability to get the most nutrient
> possible, while reducing flatulence, I have found it.
>
> Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist in the early 1900's, discovered that
> wholesome foods included meat, fats, butters, cheeses and lacto fermented
> veggies were the principal reason for the growth of civilizations across
> the world.
>
> The decline in health, started when mankind decided that meats, et al,
> were bad for you.
>
> In Mexico we knew this lard/bean combo was good for you and we really
> never suffered flatulence nor obesity. Until recently.
>
> I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we,
> as a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens
> to others who don't use lard.
>
> Comments?

I that anything like lead in your pencil?

Dimitri

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

wrote:

> I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we,
> as
> a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens to
> others who don't use lard.
>
> Comments?

I'm not entirely sure that lard is the reason. (I've also heard the
claim made that epazote will reduce flatulence.)

The trick more seems to be to eat beans regularly -- it allows you to
build up the intestinal flora needed to properly digest them. I know
from experience this is true for me. If I eat beans daily, no
problem. If I go without for a month, and then start again, big
problem. This is true whether the beans contain lard, epazote or
neither.

I'm not knocking lard, though.

claim made that epazote will reduce flatulence.)

The trick more seems to be to eat beans regularly -- it allows you to
build up the intestinal flora needed to properly digest them. I know
from experience this is true for me. If I eat beans daily, no
problem. If I go without for a month, and then start again, big
problem. This is true whether the beans contain lard, epazote or
neither.

I'm not knocking lard, though.

I have to agree with you. The body 'learns' how to handle stuff that may be
a bit different than grain, grass or meat. Dried legumes need special
attention, methinks. Thanks for your note!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> After years of searching for proven science that adding a bit of lard to
> boiling beans will increase the body's ability to get the most nutrient
> possible, while reducing flatulence, I have found it.
>
> Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist in the early 1900's, discovered that
> wholesome foods included meat, fats, butters, cheeses and lacto fermented
> veggies were the principal reason for the growth of civilizations across
> the world.
>
> The decline in health, started when mankind decided that meats, et al,
> were bad for you.
>
> In Mexico we knew this lard/bean combo was good for you and we really
> never suffered flatulence nor obesity. Until recently.
>
> I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we,
> as a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens
> to others who don't use lard.
>
> Comments?

Your close with the fermented angle but no, go back to your research. You
present no facts and too broad a thesis. Once again, go check out Dr.
Marisela Granito's research

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 30, 11:08�am, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> Comments?

http://www.garmentguard.com/index.as...ATS&Category=8

Subtle Butt by Garment Guard is a disposable activated charcoal and
enzyme flatulence filter that has adhesive tabs that adhere to your
underpants...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> After years of searching for proven science that adding a bit of lard to
> boiling beans will increase the body's ability to get the most nutrient
> possible, while reducing flatulence, I have found it.
>
> Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist in the early 1900's, discovered that
> wholesome foods included meat, fats, butters, cheeses and lacto fermented
> veggies were the principal reason for the growth of civilizations across
> the world.
>
> The decline in health, started when mankind decided that meats, et al,
> were bad for you.
>
> In Mexico we knew this lard/bean combo was good for you and we really
> never suffered flatulence nor obesity. Until recently.
>
> I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we,
> as a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens
> to others who don't use lard.
>
> Comments?

Beans , Beans , good for your heart. The more you eat , the more
you.............The more you......... the better you feel,so eat those beans
every meal.

MountainFramer
Roll Tide.

deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Benjamin Franklin

architecton faber tignarius

Lard George Leppla General Cooking 8 26-07-2009 04:46 PM
Sub for lard? Julie Bove General Cooking 197 22-03-2008 05:03 PM
Got lard? Felice Friese General Cooking 36 24-08-2007 02:25 PM
lard [email protected] General Cooking 1 27-11-2003 03:35 AM
lard [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-11-2003 01:49 AM