Old 21-08-2008, 11:14 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

Default The Hottest Chilli?

On Aug 16, 11:31*am, "just joe" wrote:
*habañeros, fer sure!

no tilde in the spelling of habanero, fer sure.

Says who?

T.

Old 21-08-2008, 01:30 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

Maybe not for commercial purposes, where a little can go a long way.

--
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the
number of carats in a diamond.

Mae West

They are very hot, I have 4 growing in my greenhouse.
Before you ask we do use them.

Old 28-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Member

Hello. We were absolutely delighted when we spotted packs of Dorset Naga Chillies on Tesco shelves the other day.

However something is terribly wrong. They just don't have any heat! My husband and I love hot chillies and grow our own chillies in the greenhouse each year. It is always a challenge to grow really nice hot ones and we've so been looking forward to cooking with (and munching on) Dorset Nagas. We can't seem to manage to grow that variety.

The packet of Dorset Naga we have just used (bought at Tesco) really doesn't have any heat (nor at the moment do Tesco's Scotch Bonnet chillies). In fact to be honest the little green birdseyes have more heat than the Nagas they are selling. I just don't understand how they can sell chillies under the name of Dorset Nagas when they are clearly not very hot.

What do you think is going on? Has anyone else on this forum experience the same thing or is it just me?

Yvonne

10 hottest hot sauces Zz Yzx General Cooking 6 11-02-2013 01:24 AM
hottest pepper gregz General Cooking 12 28-08-2012 04:01 AM
The Hottest Chilli? Corey Richardson[_2_] General Cooking 22 21-08-2008 02:56 PM
Hottest Chilis thread Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 2 17-08-2008 06:25 AM
The Hottest Charcoal Michael \(Piedmont\) Barbecue 7 16-06-2007 10:02 AM