Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Here is the one I like

Found this great barbeque recipe and tried it. I am still licking my
fingers as I type this, sorry my laptop you’ll have to bear with me.
So here it is:

16-Spice-Rubbed Chicken Breast Recipe
From Bobby Flay

Ingredients:

For Green Onion Slaw:

1 cup coarsely chopped green onions, white and green parts
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
2 serrano chiles
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup canola oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small head of purple cabbage, finely shredded
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

For Barbeque Chicken:

1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
1 tablespoon pasilla chile powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon chile de arbol
Kosher salt
2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (8-ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
1/4 cup canola oil
Black Pepper Vinegar Sauce (recipe follows)

For Black Pepper Vinegar Sauce:

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

Directions:

1. Black pepper vinegar sauce: In a blender, combine the vinegar, oil,
mustard, honey, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth. The sauce can
be made 1 day in advance, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room
temperature before serving.

2. Green onion slaw: To make the dressing, combine the green onions,
vinegar, honey, chiles, mayonnaise, oil and salt and pepper to taste
in a blender and blend until emulsified. Combine the cabbage, red
onion and poppy seeds in a bowl, add the dressing, and stir until
combined. Fold in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to
taste. Cover and refrigerate while you grill the chicken or for up to
1 hour.

3. Grilled chicken: Heat grill to high. Stir together the ancho
powder, pasilla powder, cumin, coriander, ginger, brown sugar, garlic
powder, onion powder, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, chile de
arbol, 2 tablespoons salt, black pepper and cayenne in a small bowl.

4. Brush both sides of the breasts with the oil and season with salt.
Rub the top side of each breast with a few tablespoons of the rub and
place on the grill, rub side down. Grill until golden brown and
slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the breasts over and continue
grilling until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes longer.

5. Remove the chicken from the grill and drizzle with the black pepper
vinegar sauce. Tent loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Serve the slaw on the side.

Enjoy!

Bostjan, CEO <a href="http://www.mybbqrecipe.com">MyBBQRecipe.com</a>
& <a href="http://mybbqrecipe.qarf.com">MyBBQRecipe BLOG</a>
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"bpen - MyBBQRecipe.com" > wrote in message
Found this great barbeque recipe and tried it. I am still licking my
fingers as I type this, sorry my laptop you’ll have to bear with me.
So here it is:

Got a recipe for SPAM!

idiot.

Dimitri