Old 24-07-2008, 05:35 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Mexican sweet bread (panes dulces)

Hi,

I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
have a clue on what they are called.

Ideas?

Old 24-07-2008, 08:03 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"richard.christensen" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
have a clue on what they are called.

Ideas?

Google huaraches instead.

also see he
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/...an_appetizers/

Old 24-07-2008, 07:46 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"richard.christensen" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
have a clue on what they are called.

Ideas?

Sure, Go to the Google home page
Click on images
Enter Pan Dulce
You'll find several charts with the names.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Mexican Bread Pudding (Capirotada) Troll Hunter General Cooking 0 11-08-2015 11:24 PM
Mexican sweet treat? Melondy Mexican Cooking 7 04-05-2007 03:11 AM
Mexican Spoon Bread Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2006 10:15 AM
Mexican Spoon Bread Duckie Recipes 0 22-09-2005 12:41 PM
Fat Free Mexican Corn Bread T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 23-04-2005 02:39 AM