FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Mexican sweet bread (panes dulces) (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/159243-mexican-sweet-bread-panes.html)

richard.christensen 24-07-2008 05:35 AM

Mexican sweet bread (panes dulces)

Hi,

I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
have a clue on what they are called.

Ideas?

gunner 24-07-2008 08:03 AM

"richard.christensen" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
> places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
> called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
> difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
> if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
> though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
> have a clue on what they are called.
>
> Ideas?

Google huaraches instead.

also see he
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/...an_appetizers/

Dimitri 24-07-2008 07:46 PM

Mexican sweet bread (panes dulces)

"richard.christensen" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for recipes for mexican sweet bread. I have looked many
> places, but don't see anything. I really want the recipe for a pastry
> called huaches, sweet very flat crusty pastry. Searching for this is
> difficult since shoes will typically show up. Let alone I don't know
> if that is its official name or not. I would love to be able to bake
> though wonderful half globes with pink criss-crossed sugar. I don't
> have a clue on what they are called.
>
> Ideas?

Sure, Go to the Google home page
Click on images
Enter Pan Dulce
You'll find several charts with the names.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)