FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Skirt Steak (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/151333-skirt-steak.html)

Gunner[_6_] 16-03-2008 06:43 PM

Skirt Steak

Grilled Skirt Steak with grilled onions and peppers( any other veggier you
like),
all wrapped up in warm tortillas and a salsa de jour to top it with :

Don't care if you call it Arracheras or Fajitas, or even if Booger doesn't
think it "authentico" enough for him, a grilled Skirt is good if done right.
I prefer the inner 121D, or use a flank if you can't get skirt. Low and
slow or fast
and hot (braised or grilled after marinating) is up to you.

http://www.beeffoodservice.com/cuts/Info.aspx?Code=18

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...e_id=16 22410

General info on Beef cuts and prep:
http://www.beeffoodservice.com/Resource/Training.aspx

An alternative to cebollas encurtidas is cebollitas asadas:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/14150

[email protected] 19-03-2008 09:09 PM

Skirt Steak

Arracheras are fine for me, you forgot to add a nice salsa borracha :
http://fogonrecetas.iespana.es/salsa/salsa_borracha.htm
and a nice, cold Bohemia http://www.ccm.com.mx/ on the side.

Here in Monterrey arracheras are very well appreciated, but once in a
trip to Aguascalientes (some twenty years ago) I saw they were selling
it at the market as cat food! as nobody would use this cut , some
years later they had a sign "Top quality Arracheras". Civilization
finally caught up with them.

Provecho!