FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   2 new cooking stories (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/146777-2-new-cooking-stories.html)

Rolly 17-01-2008 09:49 PM

2 new cooking stories

I spent yesterday with my friend Adriana Rosales taking pictures while
she cooked salmon with two different sauces and her version of chiles
en nogada.

You can find these picture stories in her column he
http://rollybrook.com/kitchen.htm

Gunner[_6_] 18-01-2008 03:37 AM

2 new cooking stories

"Rolly" > wrote in message
>I spent yesterday with my friend Adriana Rosales taking pictures while
> she cooked salmon with two different sauces and her version of chiles
> en nogada.
>
> You can find these picture stories in her column he
> http://rollybrook.com/kitchen.htm

Good stories. You are indeed fleshing your site out very nice Rolly. I
have to agree with you about the dried shrimp; too much umami or at least
what I consider a over concentrated briny flavorby using using dried shrimp.
Much prefer fresh shrimp or shellfish to make fritters/fritatas/Spanish
tortillas.

You appear ti live close to Parras de la Fuentes. Have you tasted their
famous Lomo de Cerdo al Jerez ? The area I lived in Italy had pigs feed on
the grape lees that was used after Grappa production. Nowhere near the
quality for making the Parma Prosciutto, but still made pretty damn good
double cut grilled chops. So much better pork that this hybrid lean pig we
get in the States

On another note. A while back we discussed medicinal herbs. I didn't want
to mean to make extra work for you but here is an example of what I was
talking about: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~rjsalvad/gmthesis.html. Are
there "healers" in your town that would share their knowledge with you?

Thanks again for sharing Rolly

Rhonda[_1_] 21-01-2008 04:20 PM

2 new cooking stories

Thanks Rolly. I found the sauces that Adriana used for the salmon to be
quite interesting. She must be a great cook.