Just News

Default ARROZ CON LECHE, ANY ONE?

Does any know the recipe of arroz con leche, is there anything equal to this
in the states?

thanks,

A.

Dimitri

"Just News" > wrote in message
> Does any know the recipe of arroz con leche, is there anything equal to

this
> in the states?
>
> thanks,
>
> A.

Sure,

Rice pudding.

Dimitri

2 qt. milk
3/4 c. sugar, or to taste
3/4 c. uncooked rice
Dash salt
Vanilla to taste
Cinnamon or nutmeg
Raisins, optional

Mix all together. Bring to boil; turn down heat and simmer for 1 1/2
hours. Turn off heat. Add vanilla and a very little cinnamon or nutmeg.
Raisins may be added when bringing to boil, if desired.

Just News

thanks a million, but whe you write dash salt, that means, trow some in the
pot? sorry I'm new at this.....

Jim Lane

Just News wrote:
> thanks a million, but whe you write dash salt, that means, trow some in the
> pot? sorry I'm new at this.....

Dash, pinch and smidgen are used frequently to describe a small amount.

A dash is 1/8 teaspoon
a pinch is 1/16 teaspoon and
a smidgen is 1/32 teaspoon

according to my dash, pinch and smidgen measuring spoons.

jim

Using Dolce de Leche?? [email protected] General Cooking 12 19-01-2007 03:43 AM
Arroz con Leche Rolly Mexican Cooking 1 23-05-2006 06:56 PM
Dulce de Leche Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-08-2005 01:52 PM
Arroz Con Leche International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 25-02-2005 03:19 AM