Paul Covey

Default Restaurant suggestions in San Diego?

Been away from the NG for awhile, but need some suggestions. I'm taking
a quick trip to San Diego at the end of April and am looking forward to
much better Mexican restaurants than here in upstate NY. Suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

The Ranger

Paul Covey > wrote in message
> [..] I'm taking a quick trip to San Diego at the end of
> April and am looking forward to much better Mexican
> restaurants than here in upstate NY. Suggestions would
> be greatly appreciated.

You might try sdnet.eats for specific suggestions.

"Lucita's" got a couple of recent thumbs-up approvals. What type of Mexican
are you looking for and can you fix the geography a little more precisely?
BOS34 posted a whole hit list on the Greater SD area.

The Ranger

The Wolf

On 03/08/2004 11:55 AM, in article ,
"Paul Covey" > opined:

> Been away from the NG for awhile, but need some suggestions. I'm taking
> a quick trip to San Diego at the end of April and am looking forward to
> much better Mexican restaurants than here in upstate NY. Suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Paul

My favorite

Julios Mexican Food

4502 University Ave.
San Diego, CA 92105-1897

Wk: (619) 282-6837

Jim Lane

Paul Covey wrote:
> Been away from the NG for awhile, but need some suggestions. I'm taking
> a quick trip to San Diego at the end of April and am looking forward to
> much better Mexican restaurants than here in upstate NY. Suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Paul

You can head here to find local reviews that are better than average:

http://www.sdreader.com/ed/rr/restcaps.html

also try sdnet.eats via googgle groups (groups.google.com) or your
newsgroup reader (already mentioned to you, I know).

jim
Paul Covey

Interesting question for me. I haven't had the luxury of thinking about
a type of Mexican for years, as for the last 25 years have lived where
there is only one local (non chain) restaurant so have been limited to
that one. I'm open to any suggestions. And we're staying on El Cajon
Blvd. but have a car.