Peggy

Default Going to Playa Del Carmen

Hi there
I'm going to Playa Del Carmen this April for a wedding- my husband and I
have adventurous tastes in food - does anyone know where we can get
authentic regional food ?

Thanks,
Peg

Jay P Francis

You bet. Be sure to order a fish called bocaneto, indigenous to this region.
Have it cooked a la parilla. Also, enjoy drinking Xtabentun honey liqueur.
Other than that, try some Yucatecan style adobo marinated meat.
tejas

"Jay P Francis" > wrote in message
> You bet. Be sure to order a fish called bocaneto, indigenous to this

region.
> Have it cooked a la parilla. Also, enjoy drinking Xtabentun honey

liqueur.
> Other than that, try some Yucatecan style adobo marinated meat.

And have some Montejo Leon, a local dark beer made in Merida. Don't drink
that Corona swill.

T Samsel

Dave

Cómo se dice "ditto" to both of you. Never had Bocaneto a la parilla, but
the tikin xic is outstanding. And I have a very precious little bit of
Xtabentun left in the cupboard.

nk.net...