Wayne Lundberg

Default Adios!

Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.

Adios!

The Ranger

Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
> Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
>
> Adios!

As Aragorn said to Gimli in Lothlorien, "/That/ wasn't very nice."

I know I haven't been receiving all the posts but... Did I miss
something?

The Ranger

BW

There are a lot of crappy posts, flamings, trollings, etc. but the crew
of true food afficionados here would miss your intelligent
contributions Wayne.

Brook

In article >, The Ranger
> wrote:

> Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
> > Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
> >
> > Adios!

> As Aragorn said to Gimli in Lothlorien, "/That/ wasn't very nice."
>
> I know I haven't been receiving all the posts but... Did I miss
> something?
>
> The Ranger

The Ranger

BW > explained in message
news:260120041523094286%brook.nospam.watts@comcast .net after I asked:
> > > Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
> > >
> > > Adios!
> > >

> > As Aragorn said to Gimli in Lothlorien, "/That/ wasn't very
> > nice."
> >
> > I know I haven't been receiving all the posts but... Did I miss
> > something?
> >

> There are a lot of crappy posts, flamings, trollings, etc. but
> the crew of true food afficionados here would miss your
> intelligent contributions Wayne.

There's a lot to be said for using filters and the German newsfeed then.

The only articles I've seen that were non-'group related have been
_replies_ to an obvious spam. Other than that, there was a long
discussion on tacos tapatios and something about banana leaves. There
wasn't even anything abrassive about a weighting system recently.
<shrug>

The Ranger

Jim Lane

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
>
> Adios!

I will be in the group that will miss your valuable contributions,
Wayne. Your insights into the history of Mexican food and authenticism
is unparalled in this group and although there are those that do not
appreciate it, they could, were they mannered, just filter your posts.

jim

Jack Sloan

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Jim Lane > wrote in message
> > [..] there are those that do not appreciate it, [..]

> Got a message id or an address of the flame(s) that he's had to endure
> ad nauseum? I'm not seeing one of them for the entire month of Jan 04...
>
> The Ranger

Maybe he didn't like the fact that around Houston Barbacoa mostly is beef
headmeat (supposedly) and not mutton or whatever it is where he's from.
Jack

The Ranger

Jim Lane > wrote in message
> [..] there are those that do not appreciate it, [..]

Got a message id or an address of the flame(s) that he's had to endure
ad nauseum? I'm not seeing one of them for the entire month of Jan 04...

The Ranger

The Ranger

Jack Sloan > wrote in message
> > Wayne's Grand Adios: Proof in the Food?

> Maybe he didn't like the fact that around Houston Barbacoa
> mostly is beef headmeat (supposedly) and not mutton or
> whatever it is where he's from.

If that was it then he's become a more delicate flower than when V**tor
was here.

The Ranger

Jim Lane

The Ranger wrote:
> Jack Sloan > wrote in message
>
>>>Wayne's Grand Adios: Proof in the Food?

>>Maybe he didn't like the fact that around Houston Barbacoa
>>mostly is beef headmeat (supposedly) and not mutton or
>>whatever it is where he's from.

> If that was it then he's become a more delicate flower than when V**tor
> was here.
>
> The Ranger

I sorta think it is because the only ones that generally respond to his
posts are those to whom what he is saying does not register and all they
want to do is flame. He is a pretty good food historian when it comes to
Mexican food.

jim

The Ranger

Jim Lane > wrote in message
[snip
> I sorta think it is because the only ones that generally respond
> to his posts are those to whom what he is saying does not
> register and all they want to do is flame.

I asked you ealier, I'll ask you again... Can you provide a specific
example or message ID? I just don't see where his temper tantrum came
from.

Those that responded, regularly, to his posts were the same regulars of
this very newsgroup that respond in like to other intersting posts --
e.g.: Dimitri, you, me, Sloan, Linda, and about six others.

> He is a pretty good food historian when it comes to
> Mexican food.

And also willing to adjust his thinking when provided alternative
information but that still doesn't justify the OP.

The Ranger

BW

> And also willing to adjust his thinking when provided alternative
> information but that still doesn't justify the OP.

I hope Wayne reemerges, I particularly like his central Mexico (ie DF
and surrounding area) insights. Describing the barbacoa and pulque
stands of a weekend day near Texcoco brought back a flood of old
memories.
Jim Lane

The Ranger wrote:
> Jim Lane > wrote in message
> [snip
>
>>I sorta think it is because the only ones that generally respond
>>to his posts are those to whom what he is saying does not
>>register and all they want to do is flame.

> I asked you ealier, I'll ask you again... Can you provide a specific
> example or message ID? I just don't see where his temper tantrum came
> from.
>
> Those that responded, regularly, to his posts were the same regulars of
> this very newsgroup that respond in like to other intersting posts --
> e.g.: Dimitri, you, me, Sloan, Linda, and about six others.
>

>>He is a pretty good food historian when it comes to
>>Mexican food.

> And also willing to adjust his thinking when provided alternative
> information but that still doesn't justify the OP.
>
> The Ranger

Does the moniker "A1" ring a bell? That was awhile ago, though. It's not
only that, Ranger, there's little happening, few posts, less discussion.
Isn't this the longest thread in the past couple of months?

Sorta like siesta time. Or maybe time for a trip to Mexico to try some
new stuff and some new polaces.

jim

Dan Abel

In article >, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

> I asked you ealier, I'll ask you again... Can you provide a specific
> example or message ID? I just don't see where his temper tantrum came
> from.

Could somebody please post his temper tantrum in English for those of us
who don't know Spanish?

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

The Ranger

Dan Abel > wrote in message
> Could somebody please post his temper tantrum in English
> in English [..]

Roughly, "This group has gone to shit."

Hence my reply of "/That/ wasn't very nice." If there was an actual
/reason/ behind posting it, I'd like to know (not that I actually
*expect* one to be given.)

The Ranger

The Ranger

Jim Lane > replied in message
[snip]
> > "Why?"
> >

> Does the moniker "A1" ring a bell? That was awhile ago, though.

That's reaching quite a bit; A[$$ho]1 -- nor any of his sockpuppets --
hasn't posted in quite a while.

> It's not only that, Ranger, there's little happening, few posts,
> less discussion. Isn't this the longest thread in the past couple
> of months?

Which mean a reg should throw a grand hissyfit and leave? Especially
when the topic seems so near-and-dear to him? <shrug> It's possible;
Usenet does have its turnover of participants.

> Sorta like siesta time. Or maybe time for a trip to Mexico to
> try some new stuff and some new polaces.

Works for me.

The Ranger

Karen O'Mara

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message >...
> Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
>
> Adios!

Can someone translate Wayne's good-bye message? Does it mean "This
group is getting on my nerves," or something like that?...

Karen
Jack Sloan

"Karen O'Mara" > wrote in message
om...
> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> > Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
> >
> > Adios!

> Can someone translate Wayne's good-bye message? Does it mean "This
> group is getting on my nerves," or something like that?...
>
> Karen

Something like that.
Jack

Shashay Doofray

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
>
> Adios!

Newsgroups are a lot like having sex. You can't just lie there and expect
someone else to do all the work. You get out of it what you put into it.

SD

Linda

Well I for one haven't been too enthused with this group as of late,
It's just the other day I checked in and there was no new posts other than "
Make money fast" "Looking for a career change", etc, blah blah blah

Linda
"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> "Karen O'Mara" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> > > Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
> > >
> > > Adios!

> > Can someone translate Wayne's good-bye message? Does it mean "This
> > group is getting on my nerves," or something like that?...
> >
> > Karen

> Something like that.
> Jack

The Ranger

Linda > wrote in message
> Well I for one haven't been too enthused with this group
> as of late, It's just the other day I checked in and there
> was no new posts other than "Make money fast"
> "Looking for a career change", etc, blah blah blah

One email (for registration), 10 minutes set-up time, and you won't see
many of those subjects (unless someone stupidly replies to them.) Visit:
http://news.cis.dfn.de/

As far as the lack of discussion to date... It happens. Eventually,
something will tickle a regular's fancy and we'll see it, respond to it,
and the 'group'll take off again. It's cyclical.

Oblocalburritoplace: I was shocked to see a placard for tripe and a
poster for [I think; my Spanish can be painfully limited at times]
calf's brain.

The Ranger

verizon news

Well here it is once and for all:

Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
>
> Adios

THIS GROUP HAS TURNED IN TO SHIT, BYE........

and then what? Live goes on, so Ranger I vote for you to be the next
Wayne......how's that?

The Mexican.

Charles Gifford

"verizon news" > wrote in message
> Well here it is once and for all:
>
> Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> > Este grupo se ha convertido a mierda.
> >
> > Adios

> THIS GROUP HAS TURNED IN TO SHIT, BYE........
>
> and then what? Live goes on, so Ranger I vote for you to be the next
> Wayne......how's that?
>
> The Mexican.

I believe that Wayne has taken a hiatus from this group before, indeed as I
have. I expect Wayne to return eventually. Sometimes one needs to get away
for a while.

Charlie

Linda

I took your advice, thanks for the info!
Linda

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Linda > wrote in message
> > Well I for one haven't been too enthused with this group
> > as of late, It's just the other day I checked in and there
> > was no new posts other than "Make money fast"
> > "Looking for a career change", etc, blah blah blah

> One email (for registration), 10 minutes set-up time, and you won't see
> many of those subjects (unless someone stupidly replies to them.) Visit:
> http://news.cis.dfn.de/
>
> As far as the lack of discussion to date... It happens. Eventually,
> something will tickle a regular's fancy and we'll see it, respond to it,
> and the 'group'll take off again. It's cyclical.
>
> Oblocalburritoplace: I was shocked to see a placard for tripe and a
> poster for [I think; my Spanish can be painfully limited at times]
> calf's brain.
>
> The Ranger

Linda

As we all do at one time or other. I suspect he'll be back eventually.

Linda

hlink.net...

Adios folks Steve Calvin Barbecue 22 18-06-2010 11:00 PM
well, I'll bid you adios and good life... Sqwertz Barbecue 0 21-05-2009 01:33 AM
Adios for a while. Steve Calvin Barbecue 12 11-11-2004 05:59 AM
Adios all, for a while. notbob General Cooking 4 01-05-2004 10:45 PM
Adios Me Barbecue 1 17-01-2004 03:31 AM