Shelora

Default Hoja Santa

has anyone out there had experience with growing the anise scented herb, hoja santa.
We have a little sproutling and would like it to take over our lifes.
Any help greatly appreciated.
William Jennings

"Shelora" > wrote in message
m...
> has anyone out there had experience with growing the anise scented

herb, hoja santa.
> We have a little sproutling and would like it to take over our lifes.
> Any help greatly appreciated.

It might take over your lives. Hoja Santa can get 8 - 10 ft. high in
afternoon shade with good water. In some parts in the south of Mexico
they use it in black beans, as a wrap for some tamales and wrapped
around chicken before covering the chicken with clay to cook.

How well it does in your area may depend on the amount of strong
morning light it gets. I observed hoja santa growing very well at the
public gardens in Corpus Christi, Texas this past summer. It's also
called the Texas Root Beer plant.

doc

Mark Preston

<snip>

Hoja Santa is most likely the "secret" ingredient and Oysters Rockefeller as well.