Bistoury

Default Tamals

Hello All and Happy Holidays
Our next door neighbor gave us what she called Texas Tamals. She
evidently makes them for Christmas.
They are rather small about 4 inches long and round like a rather fat
carrot or parsnip. They are in what appears to be parts of corn peels.
When she brought them over they were very hot and I was too embarrassed
to ask them what to do with them in order to eat or at least taste them.
What do I do with them? How do I serve them and with what.
From what I could see the corn peels would be a little hard to chew so
I guess they need further cooking.
Thanks, I am not from this area and really don't know any Mexican food
other than tacos.
Matt

Jim Lane

Bistoury wrote:
> Hello All and Happy Holidays
> Our next door neighbor gave us what she called Texas Tamals. She
> evidently makes them for Christmas.
> They are rather small about 4 inches long and round like a rather fat
> carrot or parsnip. They are in what appears to be parts of corn peels.
> When she brought them over they were very hot and I was too embarrassed
> to ask them what to do with them in order to eat or at least taste them.
> What do I do with them? How do I serve them and with what.
> From what I could see the corn peels would be a little hard to chew so
> I guess they need further cooking.
> Thanks, I am not from this area and really don't know any Mexican food
> other than tacos.
> Matt

Heat (steam), peel off the corn husks and eat what's inside.

jim