Old 23-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Bistoury

Default Tamals

Hello All and Happy Holidays
Our next door neighbor gave us what she called Texas Tamals. She
evidently makes them for Christmas.
They are rather small about 4 inches long and round like a rather fat
carrot or parsnip. They are in what appears to be parts of corn peels.
When she brought them over they were very hot and I was too embarrassed
to ask them what to do with them in order to eat or at least taste them.
What do I do with them? How do I serve them and with what.
From what I could see the corn peels would be a little hard to chew so
I guess they need further cooking.
Thanks, I am not from this area and really don't know any Mexican food
other than tacos.
Matt

Old 23-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Jim Lane

Bistoury wrote:
Hello All and Happy Holidays
Our next door neighbor gave us what she called Texas Tamals. She
evidently makes them for Christmas.
They are rather small about 4 inches long and round like a rather fat
carrot or parsnip. They are in what appears to be parts of corn peels.
When she brought them over they were very hot and I was too embarrassed
to ask them what to do with them in order to eat or at least taste them.
What do I do with them? How do I serve them and with what.
From what I could see the corn peels would be a little hard to chew so
I guess they need further cooking.
Thanks, I am not from this area and really don't know any Mexican food
other than tacos.
Matt

Heat (steam), peel off the corn husks and eat what's inside.

jim