Johnny

Default Birria recipe?

I'm not much of a cook but does anyone got any good simple birria
recipes? besides goat, what would be the next best meat and cuts to
use? Also, I read a recipe online that involved using a dutch oven
which i don't have... could I just use my slow cooker? Thanks!

john
Smack Sm

"Johnny" > wrote in message
> does anyone got any good simple birria recipes? besides goat,

One was offered in this very group, last century.
From: Richard Thead )
Subject: Birria
Newsgroups: alt.food.mexican-cooking
Date: 1999/02/02

See:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...news.com#link6

There's about 138 other threads (he-he) with
"birria" in them that you could look through.

Johnny

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:29:02 -0600, "Smack Sm" >
wrote:

>"Johnny" > wrote in message
.. .
>> does anyone got any good simple birria recipes? besides goat,

>One was offered in this very group, last century.
>From: Richard Thead )
>Subject: Birria
>Newsgroups: alt.food.mexican-cooking
>Date: 1999/02/02
>
>See:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...news.com#link6
>
>There's about 138 other threads (he-he) with
>"birria" in them that you could look through.

LOL, im really internet unsavvy.... hehe... thx... is the chuck roast
recipe any good? U think it'll taste better with some lard? Seems
lacking in the chile powder though.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'm not much of a cook but does anyone got any good simple birria
recipes? besides goat, what would be the next best meat and cuts to
use? Also, I read a recipe online that involved using a dutch oven
which i don't have... could I just use my slow cooker? Thanks!

john
Try both, chuck roast & Pork butt. very good.. And you can use large stove pot.