The Ranger

Default Corn??

Q: Who puts corn in their chicken enchiladas?
A: Stouffers

That first forkful was a surprise for everyone. All seven kids made noises
that the adults weren't allowed.

The Ranger
--
"Grits is akin to Elmer Paste with less flavor and more sand."

Jim Lane

The Ranger wrote:
> Q: Who puts corn in their chicken enchiladas?
> A: Stouffers
>
> That first forkful was a surprise for everyone. All seven kids made noises
> that the adults weren't allowed.
>
> The Ranger

And the list of ingredients said?

jim

Steve Wertz

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:02:58 -0800, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>Q: Who puts corn in their chicken enchiladas?
>A: Stouffers

Not unusual. I've seen it used in more than a few recipes.

-sw
The Ranger

Jim Lane > wrote in message
> The Ranger wrote:
> > Q: Who puts corn in their chicken enchiladas?
> > A: Stouffers

[snip]
> And the list of ingredients said?

I have no idea; I didn't buy them. I can guess; white rice, floured gravy,
cheese, chicken, and corn. There were some sporadic red and green skins
(peppers) but these had as much flavor as the "gravy."

The Ranger

The Ranger

Steve Wertz > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:02:58 -0800, "The Ranger"
> > wrote:
>
> >Q: Who puts corn in their chicken enchiladas?
> >A: Stouffers

> Not unusual. I've seen it used in more than a few recipes.

I'm guessing that I've been spoiled with all those people that don't use it
in their enchilada recipes. It was not a "texture" I expected. I can only
remember one place, _Don Quioti's d'El Paseo_ during 78-9 that added corn to
their "chili" -- they lasted less than six months...

The Ranger