Mac4TBH

Default Great cooking show

If you like cooking or just eating or even just the fun of seeing others
doing so in a fun way you may like this show. I was and I am a fan of the
Frugal Gourmet show and this one is the closes replacement for it I have
found.

http://www.fronterakitchens.com/

Machete-wielding Rick Bayless takes us on another wild ride through Mexico
this fall on Public Television. Season Three of Mexico-One Plate at a Time
will be airing in Chicago on Saturday, September 6 at 1:30pm.

The season kicks off in the Acapulco main square on the eve of Mexican
Independence Day (September 15th) with a crowd of thousands shouting "Viva
Mexico" the high-spirited traditional Independence Day grito (cry).
Featuring the holiday dish Chiles en Nogada (a chile stuffed with a
sweet-savory pork and fruit picadillo filling), this episode will make Cinco
de Mayo just another day in May.

Ready to replace your morning bacon with chorizo (red-chile Mexican
sausage)? Tune in and become Rick's chorizo hunting buddy (hunting cap
optional). The best chorizo in town is our game, and the quest begins in
Mexico City. The epiphany may happen outside a remote mountain town, but
there is a lot of tasty discovery in between.

Bayless's love affair with Mexico began when he was a teen, wooed by "Mexico
's sophisticated charm so rooted in tradition". In this innovative series,
Bayless takes us exploring through Central and Southern Mexico, with
frequent "flashbacks" to his home kitchen to learn the preparation of the
classics as well as a few contemporary inspirations.

Mexico-One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless serves up action, adventure and
of course, the approachable, sophisticated dishes that have become Bayless's
trademark. That has garnered him The National Chef of the Year Award from
both the James Beard Foundation (the culinary equivalent of an Oscar) and
the International Association of Culinary Professionals'. Many of the
recipes from the third season are based on Rick's classic book, Authentic
Mexican, one of his four award-winning books.

Half hour chunks of awesome adventure is the trademark of Season Three.
Stick with Rick whether you've got a jones for Mexico's best antojitos
(snacks)-yes he does resort to using a machete to reach the best sopes-or
you're on the prowl for the hippest Mexico has to offer.

Mexico-One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless is presented by WTTW Chicago
and is produced by Rick Bayless's production company, Frontera Media
Productions, Inc.

Jack Schidt®

"Mac4TBH" > wrote in message
> If you like cooking or just eating or even just the fun of seeing others
> doing so in a fun way you may like this show. I was and I am a fan of the
> Frugal Gourmet show and this one is the closes replacement for it I have
> found.
>
> http://www.fronterakitchens.com/
>
> Machete-wielding Rick Bayless takes us on another wild ride through Mexico
> this fall on Public Television. Season Three of Mexico-One Plate at a Time
> will be airing in Chicago on Saturday, September 6 at 1:30pm.

Will he be stopping at a Burger King as well?

Jack

Mac4TBH

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "Mac4TBH" > wrote in message
> > If you like cooking or just eating or even just the fun of seeing others
> > doing so in a fun way you may like this show. I was and I am a fan of

the
> > Frugal Gourmet show and this one is the closes replacement for it I have
> > found.
> >
> > http://www.fronterakitchens.com/
> >
> > Machete-wielding Rick Bayless takes us on another wild ride through

Mexico
> > this fall on Public Television. Season Three of Mexico-One Plate at a

Time
> > will be airing in Chicago on Saturday, September 6 at 1:30pm.
> >

> Will he be stopping at a Burger King as well?
>
> Jack

Jack read the post again!!! the Toco King not Burger King! The Frugal
Gourmet eats at the Burger King.

Mac.

21Twelve

"Mac4TBH" > wrote in message

> Jack read the post again!!! the Toco King not Burger King! The Frugal
> Gourmet eats at the Burger King.
>
> Mac.

Mac-
I think that Jack was referring to the Burger King adverts in the U.S. that
have Bayless pimping some sort of horrid-looking 'BBQ' sandwich. My god,
what some people will do for money. I wouldn't even stoop to that level.

Oh, bullshit. Who am I trying to kid? I'd pimp BQ for far less that what
I'd assume Bayless got.

But that's not the point, dammit!

David

nathan

so, you work at a pr firm hired by frontera media productions ....

"Mac4TBH" > wrote in message
> If you like cooking or just eating or even just the fun of seeing others
> doing so in a fun way you may like this show. I was and I am a fan of the
> Frugal Gourmet show and this one is the closes replacement for it I have
> found.
>
> http://www.fronterakitchens.com/
>
> Machete-wielding Rick Bayless takes us on another wild ride through Mexico
> this fall on Public Television. Season Three of Mexico-One Plate at a Time
> will be airing in Chicago on Saturday, September 6 at 1:30pm.
>
> The season kicks off in the Acapulco main square on the eve of Mexican
> Independence Day (September 15th) with a crowd of thousands shouting "Viva
> Mexico" the high-spirited traditional Independence Day grito (cry).
> Featuring the holiday dish Chiles en Nogada (a chile stuffed with a
> sweet-savory pork and fruit picadillo filling), this episode will make

Cinco
> de Mayo just another day in May.
>
> Ready to replace your morning bacon with chorizo (red-chile Mexican
> sausage)? Tune in and become Rick's chorizo hunting buddy (hunting cap
> optional). The best chorizo in town is our game, and the quest begins in
> Mexico City. The epiphany may happen outside a remote mountain town, but
> there is a lot of tasty discovery in between.
>
> Bayless's love affair with Mexico began when he was a teen, wooed by

"Mexico
> 's sophisticated charm so rooted in tradition". In this innovative series,
> Bayless takes us exploring through Central and Southern Mexico, with
> frequent "flashbacks" to his home kitchen to learn the preparation of the
> classics as well as a few contemporary inspirations.
>
> Mexico-One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless serves up action, adventure

and
> of course, the approachable, sophisticated dishes that have become

Bayless's
> trademark. That has garnered him The National Chef of the Year Award from
> both the James Beard Foundation (the culinary equivalent of an Oscar) and
> the International Association of Culinary Professionals'. Many of the
> recipes from the third season are based on Rick's classic book, Authentic
> Mexican, one of his four award-winning books.
>
> Half hour chunks of awesome adventure is the trademark of Season Three.
> Stick with Rick whether you've got a jones for Mexico's best antojitos
> (snacks)-yes he does resort to using a machete to reach the best sopes-or
> you're on the prowl for the hippest Mexico has to offer.
>
> Mexico-One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless is presented by WTTW Chicago
> and is produced by Rick Bayless's production company, Frontera Media
> Productions, Inc.

Mac4TBH

I retired in 78 and have not been on TV since 1954 on chanell 11 so i do not
have anything to do with his show other then I like it.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Mac.

"nathan" > wrote in message
> [...]

from
> > both the James Beard Foundation (the culinary equivalent of an Oscar)

and
> > the International Association of Culinary Professionals'. Many of the
> > recipes from the third season are based on Rick's classic book,

Authentic
> > Mexican, one of his four award-winning books.
> >
> > Half hour chunks of awesome adventure is the trademark of Season Three.
> > Stick with Rick whether you've got a jones for Mexico's best antojitos
> > (snacks)-yes he does resort to using a machete to reach the best

sopes-or
> > you're on the prowl for the hippest Mexico has to offer.
> >
> > Mexico-One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless is presented by WTTW

Chicago
> > and is produced by Rick Bayless's production company, Frontera Media

nathan

you are certainly quite articulate and must truly, truly love the show,
given the exacting attention to detail in your note. my apologies.