Jeffo Swarthmore

Default How common are industrial tacos in mexico?

Do mexicans use the same kind of ready to heat taco meals when they
cook? Or is it more common that they cook the meal from scratch?
Rolly

In the part of Mexico where I live, tacos are considered street food
and are not often prepared at home, and certainly never, in my
experience, with a store bought mix.
Wayne Lundberg

Delimex tacos and tamales are staple items in all supermarkets throughout
Mexico in the frozen food section which is growing and growing and growing
as more and more Mexican families migrate into middle and upper class.

I know Delimex because I helped them grow to the 150 million in sales per
year today. They put out two million taquitos a day from their Chula Vista
plant and their Monterrey plant in Mexico.

You can buy them in almost any grocery store in the US also. Their tamales
and taquitos are among the best.

Wayne
www.rcsailcars.com

"Rolly" > wrote in message
om...
> In the part of Mexico where I live, tacos are considered street food
> and are not often prepared at home, and certainly never, in my
> experience, with a store bought mix.

David Wright

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:24:49 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> wrote:

>Delimex tacos and tamales are staple items in all supermarkets throughout
>Mexico in the frozen food section which is growing and growing and growing
>as more and more Mexican families migrate into middle and upper class.
>
>I know Delimex because I helped them grow to the 150 million in sales per
>year today. They put out two million taquitos a day from their Chula Vista
>plant and their Monterrey plant in Mexico.
>
>You can buy them in almost any grocery store in the US also. Their tamales
>and taquitos are among the best.
>
>Wayne

Delimex chicken taquitos are usually a staple in our freezer, although
we're out right now. We like them for breakfast, along with some fresh
fruit and salsa. I haven't seen the tamales, but I'll look for them
specifically next shopping trip.

David
Charles Gifford

"David Wright" > wrote in message

> Delimex chicken taquitos are usually a staple in our freezer, although
> we're out right now. We like them for breakfast, along with some fresh
> fruit and salsa. I haven't seen the tamales, but I'll look for them
> specifically next shopping trip.
>
> David

The Delimex tamales are something I try to keep in my freezer. They aren't
perfect, but they are very good. I like the beef ones.

Charlie

Wayne Lundberg

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "David Wright" > wrote in message
> >
> > Delimex chicken taquitos are usually a staple in our freezer, although

..---snip---

> The Delimex tamales are something I try to keep in my freezer. They aren't
> perfect, but they are very good. I like the beef ones.
>
> Charlie

What's interesting is that they import the beef from Argentina. Not for
price, but because the US beef is too soft and the Mexican taste buds are
used to range cattle. About the only place you can buy range cattle anymore
is from Argentina. They import the meat in huge tin cans, run them through a
bunch of metal removal devices and xray machines before putting it into the
taquitos and tamales. We top off our tamales with either red or green
salsas, mostly Herdez or La Victoria. Add some refried beans on the side and
sit back!

Wayne

TPhil

You should try the cheese & green chile ones that they sell at Trader Joes
as they are supreme! The chicken ones are pretty darn good to.

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "David Wright" > wrote in message
> >
> > Delimex chicken taquitos are usually a staple in our freezer, although
> > we're out right now. We like them for breakfast, along with some fresh
> > fruit and salsa. I haven't seen the tamales, but I'll look for them
> > specifically next shopping trip.
> >
> > David

> The Delimex tamales are something I try to keep in my freezer. They aren't
> perfect, but they are very good. I like the beef ones.
>
> Charlie

David Wright

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:41:19 GMT, "TPhil"
> wrote:

>You should try the cheese & green chile ones that they sell at Trader Joes
>as they are supreme! The chicken ones are pretty darn good to.

What "ones"?

David

>"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
link.net...

>> "David Wright" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Delimex chicken taquitos are usually a staple in our freezer, although
>> > we're out right now. We like them for breakfast, along with some fresh
>> > fruit and salsa. I haven't seen the tamales, but I'll look for them
>> > specifically next shopping trip.
>> >
>> > David

>> The Delimex tamales are something I try to keep in my freezer. They aren't
>> perfect, but they are very good. I like the beef ones.
>>
>> Charlie

TPhil

Sorry, my bad! I was referring to the tamales @ Trader Joe's (the cheese &
green chile, chicken, beef).