Linda

Default Grilled Pico De Gallo

Grilled Pico De Gallo

Serves 4

Preparation Total: 20

Traditional Mexican salsa with a twist. Grill your veggies before
making them into a salsa to go with grilled meat or fish.

2 tomatoes, peeled, sliced 3/4" thick
1 red onion, sliced 1/2" thick
1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half, seeded
1/2 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 pinch salt
1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns

Grill the tomatoes, onion, and peppers until the tomatoes are marked
and warm through, the onion is slightly browned and soft and the
pepper's skin has blistered and browned. Remove them from the heat and
cool until they can be easily handled. Gently remove the skin from
peppers. Chop all veggies into small pieces (about 1/3" dice) and put
them in a small bowl.

Add the cilantro, lime juice and seasoning. If you want more spice to
the salsa add a little more spice mix.

Best if eaten right away. Make as close to serving time as possible.

Source: alt.recipes

David Wright

Linda,

I like to grill one or more of the veggies before making salsa. Every
time I make it, it turns out with a different flavor, depending on
which ones I grill.

David

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:56:43 -0800, "Linda" >
wrote:

>Grilled Pico De Gallo
>
>Serves 4
>
>Preparation Total: 20
>
>Traditional Mexican salsa with a twist. Grill your veggies before
>making them into a salsa to go with grilled meat or fish.
>
>2 tomatoes, peeled, sliced 3/4" thick
>1 red onion, sliced 1/2" thick
>1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half, seeded
>1/2 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed
>1 tablespoon lime juice
>1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
>1 pinch salt
>1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
>
>Grill the tomatoes, onion, and peppers until the tomatoes are marked
>and warm through, the onion is slightly browned and soft and the
>pepper's skin has blistered and browned. Remove them from the heat and
>cool until they can be easily handled. Gently remove the skin from
>peppers. Chop all veggies into small pieces (about 1/3" dice) and put
>them in a small bowl.
>
>Add the cilantro, lime juice and seasoning. If you want more spice to
>the salsa add a little more spice mix.
>
>Best if eaten right away. Make as close to serving time as possible.
>
>Source: alt.recipes

My best pico de gallo! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 2 06-12-2014 01:38 PM
pico de gallo Bobo Bonobo® General Cooking 6 08-04-2009 03:12 AM
Pico De Gallo [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2009 08:34 AM
Pico de gallo Julie Bove Diabetic 50 24-08-2008 04:52 PM
Pico De Gallo Julie Bove General Cooking 26 19-02-2008 04:09 AM