Old 05-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Jim Lane

Default Baked Red Snapper with Garlic

Douglas S. Ladden wrote:
Jim Lane on 04 Nov 2003 suggested:

If it says it is copyrighted, then it is by common copyright. You are
jerk A-1 (noticing you're hiding out now with a different identity).

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "common copyright", nor
a "common law copyright", if that's what you meant. At least not in the
United States, I am not familiar with the laws of other jurisdictions.
All Copyright Law in the United States is enabled by the U.S.
Constitution, and established by Federal Law, pre-empting any State laws
which may speak to the issue.

--Douglas

Here's your own reply from below talking about what I was referring to:

Since 1978, all original works affixed in a tangible medium are
automatically protected by Copyright. Since most websites didn't exist
prior to 1978, they would be protected. The recipes themselves would
might also be Copyright depending on the factual basis surrounding them.

jim

Old 05-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Douglas S. Ladden

Jim Lane on 05 Nov 2003 suggested:

Douglas S. Ladden wrote:
[...]

Okay, Jim! I had never heard the term "common copyright", much
less applied to the above. I think "automatic copyright" is a better
and more commonly used term. The above law was established by the
Copyright Act of 1976. Usually "common law" is that law established by
(long standing) common usage or case decisions. All Copyright law is
based in Federal Statute.

--Douglas
Old 07-11-2003, 04:56 AM
a1hotfoods

Why would I have to hide from people in a news group? Like I said get in the
real world and take your best shot, lol.

--
William Barfieldsr

Old 07-11-2003, 09:26 AM
JL?

I like your recipes A1 and congragulations , you give these people something
to live for, everytime you post, makes everybody awake;-)

haha

jl
"A1 WBarfieldsr" schreef in bericht
.. .

Baked Red Snapper with Garlic

1 (2-3 lb.) whole red snapper, cleaned
1 shallot, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon pulp, finely chopped
1 tsp. lemon zest, freshly grated
1 Tbls. bottled capers, drained and minced
2 Tbls. fresh parsley leaves, minced
1 Tbls. garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. seafood seasoning
4 Tbls. chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 fresh thyme sprigs
6 thin lemon slices
Enough butter to coat inside the foil.

In a small skillet heat 2 Tbls. butter over moderate heat until it begins
to brown and stir in shallot.
Cook shallot until softened but not browned, about 2 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in 2 Tbls. lemon juice.
In a small bowl stir together parsley, capers, lemon pulp, and zest.
Brush fish with butter mixture and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley
mixture.
Place 24x18-inch piece of foil on heavy large baking sheet.
Butter foil and place the fish in the center.
Season cavity of fish with garlic, 2 Tbls. lemon juice and seafood
seasoning.
Dot cavity with butter.
Arrange thyme sprigs inside cavity.
Top with lemon slices.
Fold edges of foil over fish; seal.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Bake fish until cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Transfer fish to platter.
Open foil.
Servings: 4

--
William Barfieldsr

Old 08-11-2003, 10:26 PM
The Tex Mex

It seems A1 is the one to look to for recipes on this news group. Very =
few are brave enough to put one out there, because everyone is so quick =
to flame. This news group needs to be called the alt.food =
flame.mexican-flame. Where are all those good tasting recipes. I would =
think there would be at least a half dozen new recipes every day.

Guisado de Cerdo(stewed pig)

1 lb. dry garbanzo beans
1/2 lb. black beans=20
1 pig's tail, cut into 1 inch pieces=20
4 pig's ears, chopped=20
1 1/2 lb. chorizo, sliced into chunks=20
1 lb. pork shoulder, cubed=20
1 lb. pancetta bacon, diced=20
3 green onions with tops, chopped
1 red onion, chopped=20
6 carrots, chopped=20
4 stalks celery, chopped
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered=20
6 cloves garlic, chopped=20
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
4 Tbls. chile dark powder
3 Habanero pepper, seeded and chopped=20
1 tsp. paprika=20
1 tsp. salt =20
1 tsp. black pepper peppercorns, cracked=20

Place garbanzo and black beans in a large pot and fill with water to =
cover.=20
Let soak overnight.=20
Drain the beans and refill the pot with water to cover and bring to a =
rapid boil. =20
Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer for 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
Add water as needed to keep from burning.
Skim fat from liquid's surface, as needed.
Serve with hot cornbread and your favorite beverage.=20
Makes: 10 servings=20

--=20
Tex-Mex
m...

Old 08-11-2003, 11:15 PM
David Wright

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 21:26:24 GMT, "The Tex Mex"
wrote:

It seems A1 is the one to look to for recipes on this news group. Very few are brave enough to put one out there, because everyone is so quick to flame. This news group needs to be called the alt.food flame.mexican-flame. Where are all those good tasting recipes. I would think there would be at least a half dozen new recipes every day.

Guisado de Cerdo(stewed pig)

Mind telling us where you got that recipe that includes an Italian
pork product?

BTW, there are hundreds of recipes in the archives of this ng. Those
of us who have been around for a few years know how to search for
them. Just use Google Groups, which is easy to do.

Or did you have another point in mind?

David
Old 08-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Don H

wrote:

It seems A1 is the one to look to for recipes on this news group. Very few are brave enough to put one out there, because everyone is so quick to flame. This news group needs to be called the alt.food flame.mexican-flame. Where are all those good tasting recipes. I would think there would be at least a half dozen new recipes every day.

Guisado de Cerdo(stewed pig)

1 lb. dry garbanzo beans
1/2 lb. black beans
1 pig's tail, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 pig's ears, chopped
1 1/2 lb. chorizo, sliced into chunks
1 lb. pork shoulder, cubed
1 lb. pancetta bacon, diced
3 green onions with tops, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
4 Tbls. chile dark powder
3 Habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper peppercorns, cracked

Place garbanzo and black beans in a large pot and fill with water to cover.
Let soak overnight.
Drain the beans and refill the pot with water to cover and bring to a rapid boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer for 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
Add water as needed to keep from burning.
Skim fat from liquid's surface, as needed.
Serve with hot cornbread and your favorite beverage.
Makes: 10 servings

Thousands of inquiring and civil lurkers in this newsgroup and just a
few misanthropists who post here, ( Jim lane, The Ranger, David
Wright, Dimitri and Thurman.)

Don
Old 08-11-2003, 11:51 PM
David Wright

wrote:

Thousands of inquiring and civil lurkers in this newsgroup

Whew, thousands! We're setting a record for inquiring and civil
lurkers, maybe. But then, how would we know?

Do inquiring and civil lurkers contribute recipes? And how do lurkers
inquire? I suppose they are civil by lurking and not contributing.

and just a
few misanthropists who post here, ( Jim lane, The Ranger, David
Wright, Dimitri and Thurman.)

I know what a misanthrope is, but what is a misanthropist?

And do you know whether we named perps have ever contributed recipes
that we have, ourselves, actually cooked? Only the Google knows for
sure.

Don

David

P.S. I think Wayne would be disappointed to have been left off your
list of people who don't follow the A1 gospel.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:05 AM
The Ranger

Don H wrote in message
[snip dreck]
Thousands of inquiring [..] lurkers

Wow! "Thousands?" "Thowwww-zzzzandzzz."

and just a few misanthropists who post here, ( Jim lane,
The Ranger, David Wright, Dimitri and Thurman.)

Oh, I post elsewhere, Donnie, make no mistake about that. Several "posts"
but being an ignorant north-end-of-a-south-bound-mule, you're just too
mulishly arrogant to know that.

" "

The Ranger

PS: You left off a few "misanthropists."

ObFood: Chicken in Adobo.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Thurman

Don H wrote:

Thousands of inquiring and civil lurkers in this newsgroup and just a
few misanthropists who post here, ( Jim lane, The Ranger, David
Wright, Dimitri and Thurman.)

Interesting. I had to look that up on www.dictionary.com.

In the '80s I contributed to C3; just finished creating what
I think is a revolution in computing for police departments.
Maybe you know something I don't.

If in the DFW area, I'll introduce you to my sources of
tacos al pastor, posole, chipotle chicken, etc. or just a
buffalo hamburger.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Linda

wrote:

It seems A1 is the one to look to for recipes on this news group. Very

few are brave enough to put one out there, because everyone is so quick to
flame. This news group needs to be called the alt.food flame.mexican-flame.
Where are all those good tasting recipes. I would think there would be at
least a half dozen new recipes every day.

Guisado de Cerdo(stewed pig)

Mind telling us where you got that recipe that includes an Italian
pork product?

BTW, there are hundreds of recipes in the archives of this ng. Those
of us who have been around for a few years know how to search for
them. Just use Google Groups, which is easy to do.

Or did you have another point in mind?

David

and actually the group is not only for recipes but rather for the
discussions of Mexican Cooking.
There is a group alt.recipes, that has nothing but recipes posted to it.
Perhaps Mr. A1 (aka Tex-Mex) would feel more comfortable over there.

Linda

Old 14-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Tuffchett

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:50:27 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
wrote:

Baked Red Snapper with Garlic

I don't know what all the yelling is about. I put Green or Red Chilli
on just about everything! Which turns it too just the right flavor for
me!
But what do I know. I'm just a stupied Mexican from New Mexico....