Old 23-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Wayne Lundberg

Default Waynes World for the working class

Methinks this A1 is a group of students at a pshychology lab in some college
testing us like rats in a maze. They plant bait and we bite then when we
reply with rightous indignation, they clap, fill out clipboards full of
columns and begin to categorize us in one or the other. This A1 is playing
us like mice in a maze and we are falling for it line, hook and sinker.

Wayne

Old 23-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Dimitri

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
Who have I bullied? I have not tried to force anyone to do anything.

have not spoken ill of any of the working class. Explain how you come to
those conclusions. I have said time , and time again, If the people want

live like they live today, then I am all for it, but if they are forced

live like this, then there should be changes made. You talk like I'm
attacking the people, I'm not. Why can't you see that. What I have
propossed is to show them there is another way, and let the people chose
what road to travel.
--

William Barfieldsr

Come on A1... all you have done in this sting is to be critical of

Mexicans
for not overthrowing their oppressors.

Wayne

Lets put his name on the top of the list for "Kill a Commie for Christ
week"

Dimitri

Old 23-10-2003, 12:40 AM
Douglas S. Ladden

Default Mexican Buffet (was Waynes World for the working class)

Wayne Lundberg on 22 Oct 2003 suggested:

My friends in Mexico City and our ranch in Veracruz were
humble servant-class Mexicans with few exceptions. So I learned how
so little in the form of ingredients could make so much in the
resulting taste, pleasure and joy in eating. I avoid any restaurant
with "All you can Eat" as the main feature.

May I recommend one restaurant in Mexico City that is "All you can
Eat", though I don't know if that is the main feature. If I recall
correctly, it is called "Los Campiranos", not too far from Insurgentes. I
was only able to go twice, but what a wonderful experience.

Almost all the offerings are traditional Mexican dishes (except the
french fries *laf*), and since there were many things I did not recognize,
I enjoyed the buffet style, as I could try small portions of many things,
and then go back for what delighted my fancy. On one of the days I went,
they had both Barbacoa, and Cecina de Yecapixtla, and I was just in
heaven. Everything was so delicious. I recommend it highly.

--Douglas

Old 23-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Wayne Lundberg

OK, but please give us some more info on what will be on the menu for that
particular week, and what kind of mariachi or Huasteco group is to play the
music, and will there be piñatas and fire-works?

Wayne

m...

Old 23-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Wayne Lundberg

"Douglas S. Ladden" wrote in message
9.17...
Wayne Lundberg on 22 Oct 2003 suggested:

May I recommend one restaurant in Mexico City that is "All you can
Eat", though I don't know if that is the main feature. If I recall
correctly, it is called "Los Campiranos", not too far from Insurgentes. I
was only able to go twice, but what a wonderful experience.

Almost all the offerings are traditional Mexican dishes (except the
french fries *laf*), and since there were many things I did not recognize,
I enjoyed the buffet style, as I could try small portions of many things,
and then go back for what delighted my fancy. On one of the days I went,
they had both Barbacoa, and Cecina de Yecapixtla, and I was just in
heaven. Everything was so delicious. I recommend it highly.

--Douglas

I take it back. When confronted with obvious delights such as this, then for
sure, all you can eat is the way to go.

Wayne

Old 23-10-2003, 01:11 AM
A1 WBarfieldsr

[...]

I guess you are right Wayne. There is just too much fight in me for

freedom. I believe you either live free are you die fighting for that
freedom. There is no compromise, Semper Fidelis.
--

William Barfieldsr

Old 23-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Wayne Lundberg

"A1 WBarfieldsr" wrote in message

I guess you are right Wayne. There is just too much fight in me for

freedom. I believe you either live free are you die fighting for that
freedom. There is no compromise, Semper Fidelis.
--

William Barfieldsr

For a few years I have been paid to show California businesses how to gain
from trading with Mexico. From experience I know the major obstacles and I
illustrate them through examples and experience. To set the stage I show a
series of slides that show a Roman reaching through the window of his home
for a grape, and his son catching a fish with a simple lure, and it's in
winter. This is on the Mediterranean, of course. I then show a series of
slides of a Saxon, a barbarian, hustling and bustling for food and wood,
enough to keep his family fed and warmed during the winter months. I then
explain that in our genes we white folk have the Viking gene which tells us
that we must hurry like heck during the six months of fair weather in order
to stash enough to survive for the six when nothing is there. So time and
projects become our God. To the Romans, it matters not. They can reach out
and feed themselves at any time without the slightest pain.

Well... Mexico is a nation conquered by Mediterranean cultures, from the
Spanish and Portuguese, to the Italians, Greeks and Arabians. These cultures
thrived on a never-ending supply of goodies and slavery.

You have that Viking gene that keeps you moving ahead regardless of the
odds. Mexicans are one of two - they are inheritors of the
Mediterranean/European wealth without an effort, or they are slaves. There
is a middle class which is totally confused and without a prayer. They hate
Americans, but love American products, TV and movies.

It's a wonderful world we live in if we can see it as spectators. And Bill,
I think you are enjoying the hell out of all the attention you are getting
from this newsgroup.

Wayne

Old 23-10-2003, 01:29 AM
A1 WBarfieldsr

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
Methinks this A1 is a group of students at a pshychology lab in some

college
testing us like rats in a maze. They plant bait and we bite then when we
reply with rightous indignation, they clap, fill out clipboards full of
columns and begin to categorize us in one or the other. This A1 is

playing
us like mice in a maze and we are falling for it line, hook and sinker.

Wayne

LMAO, look how long this thread has gone with absolutely nothing to do

with Mexican cooking. It has been entertaining, and I, as should you have
known, that nothing I said was going to change the Mexican culture. They
are what they are.
--

William Barfieldsr

Old 23-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Wayne Lundberg

It's been fun!

Old 23-10-2003, 06:41 AM
Jim Lane

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Methinks this A1 is a group of students at a pshychology lab in some college
testing us like rats in a maze. They plant bait and we bite then when we
reply with rightous indignation, they clap, fill out clipboards full of
columns and begin to categorize us in one or the other. This A1 is playing
us like mice in a maze and we are falling for it line, hook and sinker.

Wayne

He's not that intelligent. In fact, he's lower on the totem pole than
the UPS - MBA dude on TV.

jim

Old 23-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Jim Lane

A1 WBarfieldsr wrote:

[...]

Another Marine, how appropriate:

Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Non-Essential.

jim